PDA

View Full Version : Komui's New Uniform

Ends Beginning
01-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Does anyone have any good pictures of Komui's new uniform? The one that goes along with the 3rd uniform for the others. Or maybe someone can tell me which manga chapters have good pictures of him in that uniform. Please! <3

Nayara
03-05-2011, 05:00 PM
He has a new uniform? OxO I didn't even notice...

RinoaShadow
03-07-2011, 05:02 AM
i didnt think he did :S i might be wrong though...

Ends Beginning
03-07-2011, 01:06 PM
yeah his uniform changes like the others. You can only see his new uniform in the manga so if you haven't read the manga then you most likely haven't gotten a chance to see it.

Nayara
03-07-2011, 04:01 PM
You're right. O_O It does look like they have new uniforms.

So far I could only find these:
http://www.mangareader.net/210-15274-12/dgray-man/chapter-183.html
http://www.mangareader.net/210-15276-1/dgray-man/chapter-185.html
http://www.mangareader.net/210-15276-16/dgray-man/chapter-185.html

Couldn't find better or even full body pics. >_<

MissLunatic
03-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't tell me noone noticed ;_;. Ok, his uniforms don't stick out as much as the ones of the exorcists but he changes through with the others afterall. -.- I'll do a nice little experiment regarding this at the next con most likely anyway.

I think this picture might also be a good reference:
http://www.mangareader.net/210-15261-15/dgray-man/chapter-170.html
At least you see his newest uniform in whole lenght and back and front.
The only real problem with it up till now is: the colours! I don't know if the parts that are to be colourful are red like in the exorzist uniforms ... I found some fanart pictures and also a cosplay somewhere where they were yellow. But this isn't official and on coloured manga pages he wasn't seen up till now since he changed uniforms.
Besides pictures of his second uniform are rather hard to find too, in comparison at least.

Sorry for storming into this subforum like that besides.^^'' But this thread screamed for it.

Nayara
03-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Holy mackerel... perhaps I focused too much on understanding just what the hell was happening in the plot and overlooked the change of uniforms. °_°

@MissLunatic: You wouldn't happen to be wearing your nice little experiment at the LBM next week? >3 You there on saturday at the big DGM meet? xD Maybe I'll come stalk you. ♥

Ends Beginning
03-09-2011, 08:41 AM
@MissLunatic: No no storming in is just fine. ^^' I welcome anyone who offers even the slightest bit of informational help.

As far as the colors I'm not sure either. When I do cosplays from just manga I usually go with colors commonly used by that character for I'd stick with Black and white for Komui, but the new rose cross badge and decorative beads those I'd mostly likely match to the exorcists.
Like for my Young Alma Karma cosplay. I am making it so his hair is black, his pants are black, and his Arm Blade Innocence is white with red blood splatter.

MissLunatic
03-09-2011, 10:48 AM
@Nayara:
The plot is really confusing anyway atm ^^''. At least the newest onlinechapters...
Maybe I focused so much on the uniforms cause when I watched and read D.gray only last year (yes, got addicted only rather late ;)) everyone was already all hyper about those new 3rd uniforms. To be honest: I like the 1st and 2nd better.^^

Hm, if I get finished, I will :). Although my sister helps me to sew everything together it is still a big If since there are so many appliqués on the 2nd uniform and I have to redo my slippers -.-, the colour bleeded out when I test-wore them.
But at the D.gray-man meeting I'll be for sure! If not 2nd then 1st uniform... and sunday for sure 1st uniform. That was what I meant about the experiment: I want to test if anyone I haven't told will notice xD.
I feel stalked o.O. I thought only Lena was stalked why me now? ^^''
But it would be nice to meet you :).

@Ends Beginning:
Then Id like to help as good as I can :). It is tricky with this cos afterall.
Btw I found the fanart again I was talking about: http://www.zerochan.net/277255
But I think I'd do the same as you about colours. And most likely red would have a nice contrast anyway. I'm really looking forward to pictures of your 3rd uniform when it is ready. :) Komui is my favechar afterall and he is really rare especially decently cossed I think. And you already look very good in 1st uniform^^.
About your young Alma Karma I'm curious too I have to admit.

Ends Beginning
03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Thank you. I guess last year at Anime Boston I was like the only Komui cosplayer and Michael tatum (Komui's Engish Voice Actor) was super happy when he ran into me in the hall and found out I had a giant drill in my hotel room that I planned to bring to his panel. He hugged me took a picture with me and then signed my drill and jacket. I get to see him again this year and this time he gets to meet my R/C Komulin (if con staff lets me bring it) or my plush Komulin. ^-^

I haven't started on my 3rd uniform yet since Young Alma is eating up all my time right now. I need it finished for my con in April and I still ahve the Arm Blades to make. @.@
I'm entering Alma into a cosplay contest as a novice since I've never entered a contest before. I hope I do well.

Nayara
03-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I feel stalked o.O. I thought only Lena was stalked why me now? ^^'' But it would be nice to meet you :).
Don't worry, I was joking about the stalker part, not trying to be mean. xD But if you'll be there we'll see each other. :]

@EndsBeginning
Btw, I'm also curious about your Alma Karma. :) Good luck with finishing it!

Ends Beginning
03-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks I'll be sure to upload some pictures once Alma is finished. I just hope my leotard comes in in time....

MissLunatic
03-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Thank you. I guess last year at Anime Boston I was like the only Komui cosplayer and Michael tatum (Komui's Engish Voice Actor) was super happy when he ran into me in the hall and found out I had a giant drill in my hotel room that I planned to bring to his panel. He hugged me took a picture with me and then signed my drill and jacket. I get to see him again this year and this time he gets to meet my R/C Komulin (if con staff lets me bring it) or my plush Komulin. ^-^

I haven't started on my 3rd uniform yet since Young Alma is eating up all my time right now. I need it finished for my con in April and I still ahve the Arm Blades to make. @.@
I'm entering Alma into a cosplay contest as a novice since I've never entered a contest before. I hope I do well.

Wow :). He seems to be a nice one. Isn't it usually the other way round, the cosplayer urging to hugg the seyuu? xD
And you've got the drill? *-* I'm tempted to try to make it too this year cause one or two Allens I know are already afraid of it XD. *evil smirk* But I still need time and inspiration for that.^^ And you have got 2 Komulins too ^-^. Really nice.

What shall I say? I just started yesterday except for buying the fabric and the con is in 10 days^^''''. ( I just couldn't restrain myself to put another cosplay in between too ^^'.....)

What kind of skit are you going to do?^^ I wish you good luck anyway. Haven't entered a contest except for just walking on stage at a small con either.

@Nayara:
I wasn't serious either ;). Will be fun I guess.

Ends Beginning
03-09-2011, 12:54 PM
It's not actually a skit I'm going to do I am being judge for my costume itself. Then I get to wlak in the stage show for the masqurade before the skits. I'm super excited for it.