PDA

View Full Version : How was your weekend?

BlackDelo
10-20-2003, 12:31 AM
[message edited]

why was it edited? because i felt like it.

positivespace
10-20-2003, 01:19 AM
Ouch... don't know the whole story but sorry to hear about the loss of funds.

I was only at Yaoi-Con on Saturday and it was well-worth the $45 day reg just for the Bishounen Auction alone! (That was insane!) LOL... I think it's safe to say I'm no longer a stranger to yaoi-ness.

Widow
10-20-2003, 03:50 AM
Sorry you didn't have fun; I had a blast. Perhaps we weren't at the same con. :D

avagoyle
10-20-2003, 04:08 AM
Trying to get home was pure hell but I loved, loved loved the con. It's the only one I go to anymore.

nonokitty
10-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I hope everyone enjoyed Yaoi-con. It friggin sucked for me. I'm about to lose my mind. I coulda saved myself $250. Sure its not entirely his fault but he could have at least called the room.

My life couldn't possibly get any worse.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. It's not clear, but I guess it was some kind of roomate mixup?

That sucks--but to be fair, the suckage had nothing to do with YaoiCon, which was a blast. The organizers worked hard and long <heh> to make it a great event and they deserve props.

Michi
10-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Well I had a great time. :o Though I barely spent any time at the con, I got to spend good time with my boyfriend and our friends. :heart:

ElleHazard
10-20-2003, 11:23 PM
BOYSEX!

That pretty much sums it up.

Karisu-sama
10-21-2003, 12:00 AM
I had a blast. My husband had a blast. My friends from FL had a blast. We didn't get any good Yaoi-kiss pics with me in 'em, sorry. -_-

I have a ton to say, but I'm too tired. *ZzzZZzzzzzz.......*

For the first time (believe it or not) in her long cosplay career, Karisu-Dilandau was actually approached at a run by someone (who was rather more substantial in size than scrawny Karisu) attempting a reckless flying-tackle-glomp.

Suffice it to say this person did not succeed in the attempted assault, much to their surprise. *wicked grin*

Stopped said person in their tracks with a non-lethal martial arts technique and finally permitted a much more sedate gentle hug (Dilandau was in a good mood.)

Toldja I can handle that kinda stuff. ~_____^

yukitoLeonheart
10-21-2003, 12:23 AM
SEX IS bad unless you are married........... boy kissing boy and girl kissing girl is cool though, and the inbetween is also uber cute :). Karisu......... did you get any other pics, of other people say like of "Boy meets Boy" or "girl meets girl" or the ultra rare...... BOY MEETS GIRL........... and them......then kissing. Sorry about the sex thing........ I am still my virgin self and haven't done or had ACTUAL sex sex........ because I want to wait until I am married and have found the one for me. I am weird and idealistic. I haven't even had anything with the word sex in it, the other stuff, for years. It creeps me out........ I just like cuddling and kissing........ that is my happiness. Regardless........ was there any cute kiss scenes going on......... If so I want to see some. So far the best Yaoi/Yuri picture is still Trinity and Lady in Red with poor Morpheus. I actually got imed by Morpheus last night and while we were talking I brought up how you could make a shirt of that and make money. I do have one picture that I keep in check that only like 8 people have seen..... I call it the ultimate picture because it has Yuri and Yaoi going on at once......... yea.......but I don't want to post it because it makes me sad kind of. But enough, I am ranting, I want to see pictures from everyone.............. if anyone has cute kiss scenes that would rock.........

Eveil
10-21-2003, 01:16 AM
I had fun~! XD Didn't think I would actually go until the spur of the moment and was there Sunday. lol, wandered around mostly with EurobeatKing, and saw lots of half naked-ness :o Shame I missed the auction tho :/ next year~!
lol and like how most people got sick at Ani-magic, I have a bit of a cold right now XD

yukitoLeonheart
10-21-2003, 01:40 AM
THOSE PICTURES AL TOOK ARE AMAZING, I seriously want to join the gay Luffy Pirates!!!!!! who were they? Also.........there is a picture in there that seriously turned me into not liking guys........... oh my........

LordofWickd4est
10-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Can anybody tell me how the Bishonen auction works? I've been thinking about doing that next year.
I read the online application, and it said to list stuff you wouldn't be comfortable with. The only stuff I would feel not right about is being expected to put out or be sexually fondled, but that is illegal in that context anyway. The staff seem to have everything covered as far as safety and such. What is usually expected of the bought bishie?

Karisu-sama
10-21-2003, 02:24 AM
LordofWickd4est -
I believe we really ought to get one of the "bought bishies" to answer that - but as far as I know, it's whatever the buyer & buyee agree on - could be just go hang out together, a nice backrub, or whatever - at least both parties are over the age of consent :p . (The Bishie can choose open or ladies-only auction, too.) The auction is to raise enough money to keep the con out of the red, and it's just fun for the audience, and participants who don't mind being ogled & cat-called at. :p - You could PM EurobeatKing; he was up for auction last year...

YukitoLeonhart -
We will see when our slides are processed just WHAT we managed to get on film. ~___^

LordofWickd4est
10-21-2003, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the info, Karisu-sama.

lemoned
10-21-2003, 02:51 AM
THOSE PICTURES AL TOOK ARE AMAZING, I seriously want to join the gay Luffy Pirates!!!!!! who were they? Also.........there is a picture in there that seriously turned me into not liking guys........... oh my........

haaaa ^^;; I'm the gay Luffy.. XD

Chris
10-21-2003, 02:58 AM
LordofWickd4est -
I believe we really ought to get one of the "bought bishies" to answer that...

*hugs Karisu-sama* I'm happy to explain how Isis handled the auction this year. All potential bishounen in the auction submitted a thorough form online. It outlines a number of things... such as what you're planning to do, and what you're willing to do as well. You can find the Yaoi-Con 2003 form at the URL below if you're curious about what you might be asked next year.

http://www.yaoicon.com/form_bishauction.htm

From there, based upon the picture you submit and the costume you plan to do, the top 20 applicants are selected. The rest are wait-listed in case people drop out, and are accepted based on how flirty they are with Isis. ;) Seriously though, she let all the people in who went to her to ask about their submission who hadn't received a response from her.

Traditionally, purchased bishounen were either typically led around like property, or taken out to dinner... but the buyers virtually never take it seriously, because the purchased person just follows them around anyhow. This time around, however... the auction ended so late that midnight was only 40 minutes away. They'll have to fix that next year...

I don't think I've ever had so much fun in my entire life. I still can't believe I was that crazy up on stage as Irvine, and I hope you all enjoyed my performance. It was nice meeting you on Sunday night, Hildechan... I'll add you to my friends list next time I get on LiveJournal. Oh, and Positivespace... I wish I had seen you there. I'm glad you were able to make it! :)

ElleHazard
10-21-2003, 04:26 AM
yukitoLeonheart: *SWEATdrop* Well you wouldn't last very long at the con. *remembers the dealer's room and that loud guy yelling "GET YOUR RED HOT COCK!"*

And I didn't actually witness anyone having sex. But I did stalk some of my favorite artists and got some awesome BOYSEX prints.

Also.........there is a picture in there that seriously turned me into not liking guys........... oh my........

*wonders if you're referring to the Gundam Wing doctors*

Dr. G's nose was so hot XD
DOCTOR!SMUT !!!

zell_dincht
10-21-2003, 04:27 AM
You suck, Chris! You post here, but don't post on your LJ ^_^

Needless to say, this was the best con I've ever been in THUS FAR!!! ^_^

I love you all! ^_^

ACXchan
10-21-2003, 04:54 AM
I certainly had fun although I don't think I saw you Michi >_o! I might not have been able to recognize you out of costume maybe, ah well long as you had fun too ^ ^

Personally my favorite panel was the What's Your Kink? panel. Isis is a god on earth. Zero-gravity!

Haha I was surprised to see Hilde-chan too @D@ Suddenly there's this girl wearing a seme shirt glomping my arm XD

Looking forward to Karisu's pics too, I'm sure there are more pictures of Neo's futile struggle to try and reach the phone, akakakaka.

Squall
10-21-2003, 05:52 AM
*bought bishie* I had a blast and I am definitely goin to Y-con 2004!!!
As for the auction, ya just gotta enjoy the fun of it.

kinbu
10-21-2003, 06:06 AM

Oh my god, please don't let us turn you straight! @_@;;; ::cracks up:: I was queer Zoro [note earrings on the right] (four - count 'em - four versions in one con) and also Alabasta style Ace (though I don't have any decent shots of that yet.) Hehe, I'm glad you liked us. n_n

Wow this is my first time actually posting on the forums here. O_o

GAH! Hilde, you were there and I didn't see you!? Suckiness!!

Yaoi Con was great this year. n_n It ran much more smoothly -- and I was really impressed with the masquarade, it went great and it was so audible and everyone was wonderful! I spent the evening nursing a split lip after our kiss in the masquarade. My Sanji sure can kiss. X3

yukitoLeonheart
10-21-2003, 10:14 AM
NO no, if anything you guys made me happy all last night :). There was this guy who I was like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... so..........just not me............nothing against him, just not me <.<.......

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=89593&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=8

that's the guy...........I am going to see so much of that at the gay club I go to on Weds the 29nth, and nobody will appreciate my anime costumes........ I don't care though........ they already hate me for not being like them. It's a long story, I got sucked into gay society like so many boys, went down to 125 pounds, bleached my hair........ I was loved and people liked me. I fit in. Then one day I realized......... I miss being me. So I realized the truly right and mature thing to do was to be who I was always, not some fake person to fit in................. I realized that being gay shouldn't be an image, it should mean what it is, a guy who likes guys. SO...... I went back to being a kindhearted, idealistic goofball who wants to change the world but hides his true self behind his goofiness, not that I don't like being goofy. I also went back to lifting, my passion, and was actually the 2nd strongest in a weight lifting competition........ a little over a year ago think. I am also a personal trainer...... just not certified (don't have the money). But yea, I lost all my "friends" and now I am friends with odd people, but a lot of them you would never think would be genuine. I also realized a few months back when I kissed someone older by a few years that older doesn't mean more mature, and he seemed it. I hated how two days later he didn't know which person he kissed and said he was drunk but remembers everything, even though before I kissed him I asked him if he was drunk, he said no and he was driving home. He seemed kind, decent, honest. Then I found out he couldn't even remember someone from two days ago, I was like?!?!?!?!?! That was when I gave up on "I just date older guys because they are more stable and looking for love in life and something substantial. So yea............... I constantly hate what I am more and more because of this. Recently I was happy..........but my past came up again.........and I realized that if I am ever to be happy I need to deal with things once and for all, move on, live life, and then get back to becoming a teacher. I have been awfully depressed recently though........... I can't place my finger on it either........ just seem sad.......... and this one doesn't seem depression related.

Sorry for the rant............. I just wanted to say........... I really love the community........ not only does it accept you and diversity, it celebrates it.

Happy to be a member of a family of such fine people at moments like these.

Love and Peace

flora-bot
10-21-2003, 11:23 AM
^that's a good thing that you went back to how you normally are yukito...and er the guy in that pic made me go "eew...how trashy" o__o way creepy, man.
anyone have pics from yaoi-con? i wish i could have gone ;__;

lemoned
10-21-2003, 12:47 PM
-pounces- Zorooooooooooooooooo

zell_dincht
10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
I took approximately 105 pictures of Yaoi Con so as soon as I get my film developed, I will post up a link here to my personal website. ^_^

avagoyle
10-21-2003, 04:32 PM
I didn't like Harley either. He didn't do any fanservice! He was at the con entirely to be oogled and petted by straight girls. We didn't appreciate his attitude. I heard a lot of the other bish didn't like him either.

He made a lot of money for the con though, which is a good thing. If he hadn't, then he wouldn't be coming back next year.

Widow
10-21-2003, 04:37 PM
You suck, Chris! You post here, but don't post on your LJ ^_^

Needless to say, this was the best con I've ever been in THUS FAR!!! ^_^

I love you all! ^_^

BANHAMMER! Ufufufu~ <3

avagoyle
10-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Can anybody tell me how the Bishonen auction works? I've been thinking about doing that next year.
I read the online application, and it said to list stuff you wouldn't be comfortable with. The only stuff I would feel not right about is being expected to put out or be sexually fondled, but that is illegal in that context anyway. The staff seem to have everything covered as far as safety and such. What is usually expected of the bought bishie?

Some of the guys joined the auction because they wanted to get laid. ^^;;;; Trust me, I heard more about the guys wanting to get bought by girls to get laid (and some of them did! *___* ) and girls who said their bishy wanted more than they did than the other way around.

Shiki, my baby, has been in the bish auction for both years and he doesn't even do kisses on the lips. He also doesn't normally take off any of his clothes. He took of his shirt this year which was a big thing for him, but it was entirely what he wanted to do. You'll bid higher if you do some stripping and some yaoi-ness, but if you don't want to, you don't have to and no one thinks less of you for it.

Both of the times his bidders let him go after having him for only an hour. They didn't ask for anything sexual. He enjoyed it both times.

Most of the bishies that I talked to said that their winning bidders took them out for dinner/drinks. Others were bought to be drawn by artists (Harley and Squall's fate).

Yaoi-con is a mature con and we respect the rights of bishies. My bishy friends have been molested before at cons, but not at all at Yaoi-con. If someone were to try and molest a bishie, they would be kicked out of the con immediately.

Chris
10-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Some of the guys joined the auction because they wanted to get laid. ^^;;;;

I'm sort'a confused by this statement, and I feel compelled to defend myself and the other bishounen in the auction... many of which are good friends of mine, and two of whom I have lived with. Every bishounen I talked to joined the auction to help Yaoi-Con and show off their costume, so I'm not sure where you're coming from here.

While the nature of Yaoi-Con is more perverted than average, I can't actually imagine people selling themselves simply to get laid. If they're pretty enough to get bought in the first place, they can get laid without being on stage... the costume alone is usually more than enough. I honestly never heard a word that would support your statement.

At any rate, I just wanted you to know that I'm not upset or anything... I just wanted to represent myself and my bishounen friends on this topic. I find them to be highly respectable people, unless they get drunk... at which point they still don't try to jump anyone. After all, they're the ones getting their butts pinched and slapped... not the other way around.

It was good seeing you again, and finally getting to talk to you a little this time around. I look forward to seeing you around at other conventions in the future. Take care! :)

Karisu-sama
10-21-2003, 06:16 PM
BANHAMMER! Ufufufu~ <3
My dear, I think Zell Dincht was referring to THAT Chris ^ (Irvine in the Bishie auction), not Karisu. ~____^ (*HUGS* to him too!)

PATIENCE, folks!! Karisu & didjiman's pics will be up as soon as they get back from slide processing (hopefully today) and get scanned in the computer!!

--- Karisu-sama, almighty BANHAMMER wielder, muahahahaha!!! :p

KimikoChan
10-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Yep, had an awesome time! I always feel sad though when I'm not in costume LOL. I should have worn my Ken costume, but my wig was all janky anyways :P It's okay though, still had a lot of fun, it was great seeing everyone again.. And I was extremely addicted to that drumming game O_o

PawTeeGal
10-21-2003, 08:32 PM
hehe you were really glued to that game! it was fun tho even tho I sucked at it.

Oh yea.. it's good to be the king.. er.. emperor..

Pawtee

LordofWickd4est
10-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Avagoyle, Chris, and Karisu-sama:

Thank you for all your help. All your information has been very helpful, and I'm definitly looking forward to next years auction.

yukitoLeonheart
10-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Wow, seeing how nice people are on this board and the pictures really makes me regret not being there........I went to Yuricon but that doesn't exist anymore. I had so much fun :). Still, about that guy who I said made me just not like guys......... I bet he is an amazing guy, esp because he volunteered and helped out such a nice cause. I figured he was doing that. It's just my fault, bad experiences...... but onto happiness.......This convention seems like it was just pure fun........ I cross my fingers I can somehow get over my fear of planes and get over there someday......that and money........ I still can't wait to see pictures :)

Shin-1chi
10-22-2003, 12:07 AM
I'm sort'a confused by this statement, and I feel compelled to defend myself and the other bishounen in the auction... many of which are good friends of mine, and two of whom I have lived with. Every bishounen I talked to joined the auction to help Yaoi-Con and show off their costume, so I'm not sure where you're coming from here.

First of Chris ... awsome performance. I couldn't bring myself to go up there an grope up on the other bishi's ... I figured tearing of my shirt an showing my piercings was enough shameless self pimping I needed to do.

Secondly, the whole 'getting laid' thing is something of an unspoken truth among the bishie's to my understanding. However I am willing to admit, that I know of at least one future partcipant who at least on gettin' 'some' ... not me, my roommate. I personally never expect it ... but I'm also not one to miss a genuine opportunity. :bigtu:

positivespace
10-22-2003, 02:13 AM
First of Chris ... awsome performance. I couldn't bring myself to go up there an grope up on the other bishi's ... I figured tearing of my shirt an showing my piercings was enough shameless self pimping I needed to do.

The piercings were definitely interesting, but can we see the rest of your face next time too? =)

Karisu-sama
10-22-2003, 02:51 AM
yukitoLeonhart: You just be yourself. Be a genuine, real person, not some body-building poseur.

(BTW, that guy in the picture that you didn't like is Harley, and he's so straight it's pathetic. :p He couldn't even bring himself to give the guys a peck on the cheek (which he gave all the girls) when he was handing out "staff thank-you gifts" at closing ceremonies. There were many MUUUUCH cuter guys in the bishie auction than him, IMO, even though he got the highest bid. )

positivespace
10-22-2003, 03:12 AM
There were many MUUUUCH cuter guys in the bishie auction than him, IMO, even though he got the highest bid. )

I COMPLETELY agree, Karisu-sama... and it was great seeing you again! =)

Karisu-sama
10-22-2003, 04:04 AM
Great to see you too! *hugs*

Didjiman is working on re-scanning some of your Ani-Magic Paine pics so he can make some kind of enlargements, I believe.... you look so AWESOME in them! ^________^

*giggle - still love that avatar...*

avagoyle
10-22-2003, 04:56 AM

Well, I am not going to name names but one of the women who bought the bish said that she thought the bish wanted to do a little more than just cuddle. He had been told by other guys that getting into the auction was a way of getting laid.

Another guy was at a party that shiki attended and was venting his frustrations at that party over not getting any.

I also heard of guys getting it on both this year and last year, so there is some truth to the rumor.

Those were probably the only two who wanted to do it and I am also friends with and know fairly well a lot of the guys in the auction, having gone both years and having most of them being friends with Shiki. Most guys who enter the auction don't feel this way of course, but there are those who do - right or wrong.

bi boy
10-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Well, I am not going to name names but one of the women who bought the bish said that she thought the bish wanted to do a little more than just cuddle. He had been told by other guys that getting into the auction was a way of getting laid.

Another guy was at a party that shiki attended and was venting his frustrations at that party over not getting any.

I also heard of guys getting it on both this year and last year, so there is some truth to the rumor.

Those were probably the only two who wanted to do it and I am also friends with and know fairly well a lot of the guys in the auction, having gone both years and having most of them being friends with Shiki. Most guys who enter the auction don't feel this way of course, but there are those who do - right or wrong.

Speaking for myself I must say I didn't join to get laid but rather just because its a lot of fun to participate, having been in it last year as well. I just really dig getting up on stage and performing for people, the reaction and what not.

But back on topic, I had a killer weekend!
My con report can be found here on my livejournal!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/bi_boy/462301.html

And also if anyone has any pics/vids of me at all from the convention please get into contact with me somehow, I'd love you forever! ^^

avagoyle
10-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Speaking for myself I must say I didn't join to get laid but rather just because its a lot of fun to participate, having been in it last year as well. I just really dig getting up on stage and performing for people, the reaction and what not.

Nope, wasn't you. ^^ And thanks for coming. I think that Susan was really happy with how it turned out this year. Last year the auction wasn't nearly as much fun. ^^

My pics are posted in my profile here and on the yahoo groups chat.

Shin-1chi
10-22-2003, 06:36 PM
The piercings were definitely interesting, but can we see the rest of your face next time too? =)

Heh heh, sorry 'bout that I was had in mind to keep a low profile the whole con [as seen by the lack of pics of me >< ]... I didn't even expect to be in the auction until I showed up at the rehersal.

Sure, what the heck ... I'll make room on next year's 'performance' for some facial flashage. ^__^

yukitoLeonheart
10-23-2003, 04:49 AM
oooooooh, I could tell he probably got the highest bids........ the experience that I have with people like that....... is well ironically the same. They used to have at these club I went to these guys on stage who were like that and were gorgeous. The thing is, they work at a gay club, yet are disgusted by gay people? My one friend once whistled at them and threw a dollar and he was a guy. The one ran over and threw him into a wall and they almost fought. I was going to step in and kick the guys boot for being a moron. YOu work in a gay club, and the slightest thing happens and you freak out. Whatever. Also, I am a weight lifter by choice...... It's what I wanted and want to be. I like physical stuff...... I don't have much control over my annoying depression and anxiety disorders that were brought on from my Mom's Death 8 years ago, and I feel pathetic I can't fix myself permanently. I am trying, though. With physical stuff, I like it because I love pushing myself as hard as I can, I am like that a lot. Like I was sick for the past few weeks, and I went to the gym and pushed myself as hard as I normally was yet I have like maybe a quarter of my energy. I ended up 5 minutes later at a Wawa throwing up everywhere from being so exhausted. I was actually kind of upset for being dumb, but I was in a stupid way happy because I knew I worked really hard. I shouldn't of worked that hard though <.< But I am always me :). Although recently.......... I am in a slump, have insomnia, and I have been reading a bit too much. I do love literature though. Does anyone know what to do when you are happy with your life yet for some reason you feel empty........ I am still waiting for pics, in the meanwhile I am putting some new ones up myself, I am running out of space though. Anyone know how to get more space?

ElleHazard
10-23-2003, 08:13 PM
bi boy: you let me grope you and that made me a very happy fangirl. And I sort of wandered away at the dance. Sorry about that ^^;;
My attention span is yea long -> ||

Oh! This is sort of random, but someone pointed it out and I _have_ to mention it! The curtains in the hotel's rooms had a pattern that vaguely resembled.... CORN!

XD;;

(you can sort of see it in didjiman's picture here (http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=723&password=&sort=1&cat=512&page=1).)

Karisu-sama
10-23-2003, 09:47 PM
Waaah!! ;_; ANOTHER year I missed seeing Boku no Sexual Harassment!! (Even my hubby has seen it! Unfair! )

YukitoLeonhart: How to get more picture space = PM Admin and ask VERY nicely; he might give you some. Or just take down old stuff - many people do. As for the depression, physical workouts are actually VERY VERY good for that. However, occasionally it may need a bit more, like therapy and / or medication. That does not mean you are "weak" or "pathetic", just human. :)

yukitoLeonheart
10-24-2003, 04:22 AM
Arigato, your advice is always too kind :)