PDA

View Full Version : Reusing costumes

LNMHYLIAN
01-29-2011, 02:26 AM
I have started a costume for Sakuracon and its a little wallet pressing...
I'm going as Link and I was planning on making my tunic, hat, boots, belt, gloves (the like) but those items are things I already have. And I'm not gonna make enough cash soon enough to make a decent mastersword and shield.:sulk:
so part of the question is, Is it ok to go to a cosplay convention as Link without the mastersword and shield? the other part is, since I'm gonna spend so much time and effort, can I just reuse my costume next year?

Leeksoup
01-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Is it ok to go to a cosplay convention as Link without the mastersword and shield? the other part is, since I'm gonna spend so much time and effort, can I just reuse my costume next year?
Yes and Yes. If anyone says anything about you not having your gear, just say you're still looking for a chest. After all, what else would Link be doing at a con? And I fully intend to re-use my costumes over again- that's part of the reason I made sure they were durable. :)

heaven_firings
01-29-2011, 06:51 PM
I've seen Link's without a sword and shield and it was still Link. You could also make one of his other items if it's cheaper easier, I think it would be hilarious (and cute) to see a Link with his slingshot.

As for re-wearing it absolutely do that if you want. There are characters I love to cosplay as and fully intend to wear multiple times. Some people even become known for (in a good way) doing a specific character at least one day of every con they attend.

Omi
01-30-2011, 01:44 AM
So true. You can easily say you're looking for them!
Or even better... you could be young Link and say your shield burnt and your sword broke! xD

Link is Link and totally recognizable. <3
Get a bottle or other props if you can and it would be adorable! =D

oniyuri
01-30-2011, 03:27 PM
It's totally okay to do a Link cosplay without a sword & shield ^^ I've seen it done before, Link is so recognizable it won't hurt you too bad- that said, having props can be nice so if you end up making a sword & shield you should wear the costume again ^^

ollyodd
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
o yea def!! my friend just went as link and her sword and shield werent finished in time, so we just said a like-like ate them and she didnt have enough rupees to buy new ones yet haha, you can get creative with it and people still recognized her! also i wear my costumes at least 3-4 times! :)

LarkaChan
01-30-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm constantly adding to my Roxas little by little due to money issues. I started with just boxers and a shirt and a a wig and a sign that said, " The fan-girls stole my clothing" It's a big joke now at meet-ups that I'm just trying to by back my cloths one at a time on E-Bay. ;D. So I'd say go with what you like and what you can afford and have and add when you can. Be creative and have fun!