PDA

View Full Version : Hylian Shield? Help!

Farqual
01-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey there, i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how how it would be possible to succesfully hold the hylian shield on to my back, and be securing while running/walking around. But also be removeable if anyone wanted a picture etc?

At first I was thinking maybe attaching hooks to the scabbard of the master sword but it might either secure it so much its difficult to remove the shield, or not secure it enough meaning it'll fall off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Aearon
01-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Very strong magnets on the scabbard / inside of the shield? Then you'd just have to slide the magnets apart instead of trying to pull straight off.

Farqual
01-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Very strong magnets on the scabbard / inside of the shield? Then you'd just have to slide the magnets apart instead of trying to pull straight off.

:O Excellent idea thank you so much! Though where to get the magnets im unsure of but i'm sure i'll find some :)

If there are any more ideas I would love to hear them.

Aearon
01-30-2011, 03:28 PM
One site that I like for magnets is K&J Magnetics. A couple of these: http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DY02 would probably be good. Though, you may want something smaller and cheaper. But... If you didn't use a magnet on both sides and just did magnet / metal, that magnet there would probably be good.

BreannaAiedail
02-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Depending on how bulky your sheath is, you could probably attach a strap to the inside of the sheild that was large enough to slip over the top of the sheath. By then putting the sword in the sheath, it would secure the sheild and make sure it wouldn't move around too much.