PDA

View Full Version : Handy Helper!

Video Kozo
01-31-2011, 07:36 AM
Hi gang! im interested in helping out somone make a costume.... i live north of Montreal near Mont-Tremblant....

im into prop making.. Swords..blades, guns, Ray guns.. any thing! Give me a chalenge!

i work with plastics, fiberglass, steel, aluminum...and a few materials that most people never herd of...
got my own workshop.. welding equipment, metal lathe....and a junk yard just a few minuits away with all kinds of treasures...

trixyloupwolf
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
you should post that direstly on otakuthon forum hehe or on otakuthon facebook^^
i think ya might have better view then here^^
but nice to know seem interesthing ^^
ill think about it^^

friendly
trixy

The Admiral
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
you've got some pictures of your work? :) i could be interested (i'm checking around my options first)

Kildread
02-01-2011, 09:24 PM
It would certainly be a plus to have a link to advertise your shop, or pictures of your work.

It would go a long way to advertise your skills --- right now there's little go with :(

Video Kozo
02-14-2011, 02:50 PM
I wish i had some stuff to show... i've been out of it and working in television for the last 20 years.. give me a chalendge and ill show you what i can do.! The last time i went to a comic con. was almost 18 years ago....
where there were only a few costumed people..they were hired costumers...ex Batman. wonder women...mostley heroes...

when i found out about cosplay last year ....i fliped out!! and if your wondering why i didn't find out earlyer... i live up north... my town just got cell phone service last year.. and we still cant get a good reliable internet service....

yup i live in techie hell...but the sceenry and air is great! oh and not to mention tap water that is better than any botteled spring watter!

any ways give me a few pics of a wepon or somthing and ill build it... just for fun.

ill also make a vid of the building prossess...

Ps go see some of my vids on youtube search for me... Martin Boulianne.

The Admiral
02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
i'm still looking for some accessories (people aren't very cooperative around me... ) If you really wants to do it for fun, hit me up on msn if you can :)

Video Kozo
02-15-2011, 09:23 PM
sorry no msn i am on face book...

what kind of props are you looking for.?

The Admiral
02-16-2011, 04:43 AM
the weird gaunlets and the belt buckle.
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/renequished/cosplay/?action=view&current=bbartbook25.png

thats pretty much it.

Video Kozo
02-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Woh! nice...nail driving gauntlets... would you like them functional or just for looks.?

Hum... the belt buckel is pretty simple ...but which one.. i see 3 different designs..

Humm spring loaded... PVC aluminium.Termoplastic and latex covered foam simple shapes. but the end caps that form the ends need to flip in and out of position.. magnets to lock them closed...

The Admiral
02-19-2011, 12:40 PM
just for the looks, functional would be risky. i can get more artwork that shows the details.
the belt buckle, i think this one is pretty much the one ''official'' http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/renequished/cosplay/Bangfull.jpg

If you can do thoses, i would be eternally gratefull :) i'll just have the giant nail and the boots to get done... oh and you have more chance to reach me over FB http://www.facebook.com/lord.ren.of.mudkips (but remind me who you are)

thanks for your time

Video Kozo
02-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Now for the hard part... foam... plastic aluminium... combiantion... bubjet ? when are they needed for...

as for the giant nail that is an easy one to do ... 4inch cardboard tubing peice of plywood for the head a bit of car body putty ans a few coats of paint! 4 hours max!

The Admiral
02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
budget? i pretty much have about 400$ saved and its for anime north, may 27

for the nail, i was trying to get someone who can do latex weapon (like those LARP events) i know it would cost a lot but it would be pretty badass and quite resistent while being lighty... right? i'm no expert in the field :p but i have a feeling that your idea would work perfectly as well :)