PDA

View Full Version : Help with Reever's Wig

Ends Beginning
01-31-2011, 03:21 PM
I need to get a wig for my fiance so he can do Reever when I am Komui. Anyone got any ideas on what I should get for a wig and how I should go about styling it?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r129/HeeChan87/reever.jpg

-Nayami-
01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
When my brother was Reever, I used a brushed out punky wig. Chopped it up COMPLETELY and then used hair glue to re-form spikes. A heavy duty hair spray was used to direct the overall shape of the hair.

I don't really have a great picture of it, but you can see it here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/chibinasu/M1020222.jpg)

Ends Beginning
02-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh that looks really good. I think that maybe the approuch I take...lets hope mine comes out half as good. ^^'

-Nayami-
02-01-2011, 02:07 PM
If you decide to go that route and need more detailed directions, feel free to ask!

Ends Beginning
02-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I actully think I'm going to go with this wig.
http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_l_spikey.html
It's pre-spiked and I'm pretty sure I won't have to do much cutting to make it work. What do you think?

-Nayami-
02-04-2011, 06:29 AM
I haven't used that wig personally, but my understanding is that it's a bit on the thin side. If you don't mind that, it should style ok, but you might have issues with the mesh showing through in the back.

Ends Beginning
02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah...and I just put my Lavi wig on my fiance's head and I think that a thicker wig may be in order for his big head lol. I think I am going to go with the punky wig....so~ would mind explaining how you did your Reever wig...Please~

-Nayami-
02-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah, no problem!

To start, I combed through the wig. When you get it, the spikes will be pretty stiff... Reever's hair is spiky, but it's not small spikes, so this will help with the shape.

How comfortable are you with cutting wigs? That'll be the next step, cutting it to the length you want. Leave it longer on the top. Cut some layers in, keeping in mind the spikes you'll want to place in later. I learned it's easiest to pull the section that'll be spiked almost straight up and use quick snips so that it doesn't all fall blunt. Do less layering in the back so you won't show as much netting.

I used got2b's hair glue and freeze spray for the spikes. Shaping the hair up and over in the direction I want (since Reever's hair kind of leans a little to the left) and sprayed it with a healthy amount of the freeze spray. Held it here for a while. Did some touch-ups with cutting. Used the hair glue to shape the ends into nicer looking spikes. I didn't do much spiking in the back, because, though it is thicker than the "Long Spikey" wig, you may show some netting in this area. Having it fall mostly downwards helps eliminate this). Added some more hair spray, and wah lah~

With my brother's wig, I made some modifications to make the wig sit better on his head. Reever has all of his hair spiked up--this can look really unnatural on a wig since it's coming out of the cap, not the scalp. When I was spiking the front part of the wig, I directioned the fibers front and up instead of back and up like most of the wig. I have no idea if that made any sense whatsoever, so let me know if you want me to clarify. But it really did help to give a slightly more natural look, and it mostly hid the wig base cap.

Another modification is I brought some of the side parts down instead of up. I thought it helped it blend better, but this is completely optional.

Ends Beginning
02-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks I'm gunna give it my best and hope it come sout right. Oh i just finished my Alma Karma wig and I am so happy about the way it turned out. I cut pieces from an older wig I had and stiched them into the ALma wig to make it thicker and to get the longer side locks.