PDA

View Full Version : Usagi's odangos

Gunny
10-20-2003, 01:15 PM
Has anyone tried making a seperate piece that just consists of the odangos and hanging hair? Something that you can pull your own pig tails through and secure (some how)? I'd really love to try something like this, but I'm clueless in that department. I imagine if it's possible, one could also make Chibiusa's cones in the same manner.

Thoughts? Ideas?

newmyu
10-20-2003, 09:48 PM
Actually, assuming you could put your own hair into the odango yourself, they do sell hair falls, which are just long pieces of hair that you elastic to your own, to make the ends of the pigtails.

sailor-moon
10-21-2003, 10:16 AM
yes it is possable to do chibi usa's hair style with your own, it just takes time and practice, and most importantly a lot of experimenting

Gunny
10-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Of course, all of this is assuming that I have enough hair do to this. Let's pretend I don't. How about it? Any real brains around here have any strokes of genius on how to construct something like this?

Fénicia
10-21-2003, 12:00 PM
I hope this (http://web.wanadoo.be/fenicia/Meiling%2005.jpg) will help you. ;)

newmyu
10-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Eh, if you don't have enough hair to get pigtails (at which point you could attach hair falls to make the odango too) then you'd almost have to use a full wig I'd think.

neko rinchan
10-21-2003, 03:35 PM
i'm kinda doing the same thing for my sailor moon wig (can't have permement odangoes because the wig i'm using is for several different characters) where i'm using styrofoam balls for the odangoes and i'm attaching hair elastics to the back of the styrofoam balls. so if your hair is long enough you can just put your hair up into pigtails and then put in the odangoes on top.

if your hait isn't long enough, you can either buy extensions matcinf the color of your hair when it's in costume (if you're dying your hair, then get it in that color, or the color of your natural hair, etc.) trim a couple of inches off the bottom of the extensions and then glue them onto the styrofoam odangoes (and add the red "sheilds" on top if you're going as sailor moon). and to attach the extensions to the hair elastics, fold the extensions in half, and in the fold, put a hair elastic there (it might hold better if you glue it in place, try epoxy or a glue gun but the hot glue might melt the extensions so try it on extra hair) . and attach the extensions to the top of the elastic and to the bottom, but leave a space where you can twist the elastic.

so now you should have your odangoes and extensions attached to seperate elastics. put your hair up into pigtails. take the extensions ang set it around your hair (extensions are on top of your hair) and have the empty space (w/o extensions) at the bottom. and then twist the elastic up at the empty space so there's a double layer of extensions on top of your hair. once the extensions are in place to your liking, then "elastic" the odangoes onto the pigtails, position to your liking, and voila! usago styled odangoes and pigtail extensions!

for chibi usa cones, get either styrofoam cones or make the cones by glueing a cone shape onto styrofoam balls, and then continue making them in the same way i explained the usagi style above.