PDA

View Full Version : Youmacon 2011?

gloomybear
02-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Alright, so I'm not sure exactly if Youmacon 2011 is a go... but I'm just quessing it is, because it is so popular~
Anyways, If you plan on going to Youmacon 2011 (if it is a go)...
Then what cosplays might you consider creating, buying, or bringing back?
I know it is rather far away but time will go by fast!
And I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking about it, being that Youmacon 2010 was a freaking blast!
:3

Lili♥Bunny♥
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Currently my gang and I are being Characters from Kuroshitsuji. Im the shortest of the group I am playing Ciel :) and Maybe Another Character...

gloomybear
02-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Really! That's so cool :]
I love that series so much, and I was really happy to see all of the cosplays of them that were at Youma last year. They really made the photoshoot a lot of fun, even for someone like me that was just snapping pictures!
I was actually considering cosplaying either Sebby, Grell, Undertaker, or William(Grell's superior).
I think it'll have to wait for me though, I have Kisuke Urahara to finish up with accessories and also I'm too intrigued by the new-ish show Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.
Gahh, Youmacon is months away and I'm already super pumped for it!

KnightJeran
02-04-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm bringing back Ballgown!Ciel with a vengeance (aka spruced up a lot), as well as Soul from Soul Eater, Stein, and perhaps something from Trinity Blood.

Andrea
02-07-2011, 12:58 AM
The Suikoden turnout was so good last year that I think I'm going to make Leknaat for this year. I hope we get a big group again!

Aside from that, who knows... since Youma's closer than most cons I go to, sometimes I pull out a big costume that would be annoying on long car rides. So something with armor or some sort of weird structure... or huge props.

Aearon
02-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure I'll be in the state then... But, if I am... I'll be going as Tensa Zangetsu for at least one day. I hope to have a Cloud cosplay done by then as well. =)

sakurakenji
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I'll be back at youmacon again like I always am. Plus this year it falls over my birthday, so of course I'll be partying it up. lol ^^ For cosplays I have three main ones I need to get done and one I'd like to get a new wig for.
The cosplays I'm planning are Stocking from Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt, Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon, and the third one's a secret. Then I'm hoping to get a new wig for my Mai Valentine Cosplay.

stinkulousreddo
02-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I'll be back at youmacon again like I always am. Plus this year it falls over my birthday, so of course I'll be partying it up. lol ^^

Is it really going to be your brithdae? 8) In the pretty-likely event I come again, I'll bring you a goodie! 8)

sakurakenji
02-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Is it really going to be your brithdae? 8) In the pretty-likely event I come again, I'll bring you a goodie! 8)

Yes it is over my birthday, it'll fall on the Saturday of the con. Remember Remember the fifth of November. ^^And thanks you're so sweet. :)

gloomybear
02-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Heh, I'm so excited ^^
You all have wonderful things planned~
I'll hopefully have multiple cosplays from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, and I hope San from Princess Mononoke... not sure if I shared this already but I suppose there's no harm in restating something x)

Nutcracker
03-25-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend Youmacon this year but I'm really really hoping I can! I've never been before so I'm really excited! :D

sailormoon4life
03-26-2011, 06:41 PM
This will be my first youmacon and I'll be bringing PGSM Sailor Venus and Belle (blue dress) from Beauty and the Beast.

GeneralLink
04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Going obviously, and I'm going as human form of Amaterasu from Okami in human form. It's based off of an original design I created. I'm also making an Oki costume for my boy friend who's going, a Sakuya costume for one of my friends as a present and helping another with her Waka costume. So the giant Okami caravan you see on saturday will be me XD

divinity statue
04-13-2011, 08:28 PM
I went for my first time last year and am DEFINITELY coming back again this year, bringing along the Zephie costume that I meant to have completed last year but didn't :bigcry: If I had the funds I'd make another but I don't, sadly. My boyfriend is joining me with his 6'6" tall Minecraft creeper costume. Can't wait to see how that goes down :) By the way, if anybody else is going as a Magna Carta 2 character I'd love to know!

atemluver
04-19-2011, 12:11 PM
i'm going as frau from 07 ghost (casual) and my two friends are going as castor and labrador (bishop) i havent started my costume yet.....(//_ _) or the schythe for that matter. does anyone know at what time on friday would be the best to check in for a hotel room? because those elavators are insane!

Ani_Taku
04-22-2011, 10:03 PM
I went for my first time last year and had a blast!
The 'Tales of' photoshoot was pretty good last year, so this year I'm going as Asch the Bloody from Tales of the Abyss.
Also, considering bringing back Neku again from The World Ends With You.

laineedarkhart
04-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Last year was my first time at Youma and it was awesome!
Right now I'm planning on Malon (LOZ), Naota (FLCL/My friend is going as Haruko) and either Fem!Canada, or White (Pokemon trainer)

kibascheza
05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
I will be bringing back my Katen Kyokotsu from Bleach. Showcasing my Ezio from assassin's creed and a few others.

Yumei
05-12-2011, 08:22 PM
I will be going to Youmacon2011! It will be my 5th year so I am excited!
I will be cosplaying as: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt; Nnoitra from Bleach; Envy from FMA:Brotherhood. I have a few more ideas but these 3 are a for sure done deal as I already have materials to get start on them. Don't know if I'll be bringing back any past cosplays yet!

RainbowXPockyy
05-15-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm most likely going to be there! :3 I'll be going as love is war miku~

Kinemortophobic
05-24-2011, 01:00 PM
I plan on attending for my first time this year. I'm going to fix up my Super Sailor Moon a bit, then I'm working on Deedlit from Lodoss War and Subaru from .hack ^-^

Foos
05-25-2011, 12:05 PM
I'll probably be going now! It'll be my first youmacon, and I'm not quite sure what I'll be bringing yet. Fuyo from Suikoden V and Plum Kitaki from Ace Attorney are a definite, and something from Monster Hunter, I just don't know what yet. XD Whatever armor I decide to slap in a box and try to fly with from Florida.

Yukikittie
05-25-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm attending! It'll be my first YoumaCon! I'll be going as Erika Furudo from K-on!, and Natsuno from Shiki.
If it gets accepted I may be running a Kyoto Animation Panel with a friend! ^^

Xehnis
05-27-2011, 08:22 PM
This will be my first year. Still trying to figure out my cosplay plans for it. Thinking about trying to get Dark Link from Ocarina of Time for it.

RavenTifa
05-29-2011, 01:43 AM
Yay I found the Youma thread!! :-/ Couldn't find it in search or in general on here past few days at all and was kinda worried. Planning to go and as for cosplay plans well if you check the Youma website forums you might just find out what some of em are XD.

rankin24
05-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Seems like there are a lot of first years here!
I have no clue why I've never gone before, it's the closest con to where I live! Trying to organize a bunch of friends to go!

RavenTifa
05-30-2011, 11:46 PM
@rankin24: Lol when I see the phrase "first years" I instantly think Harry Potter. XD As for Youma yea I was planning to go back in 2009, had AA table and everything, then money issues cancelled the trip -_-;;;

ritzy-kun
05-31-2011, 04:12 AM
I'll be bringing WIP Guy Cecil from Tales of The Abyss to pair with Ani_Taku's Ashe, and I'll bring a few YGO 5D's cosplays for the big YGO shoot happening.

A.R.C.
06-08-2011, 03:20 AM
First time going too! but it will just be added to my list of attended cons XD

Look for me in the masqurade, If everything works out I'll either be presenting Seriel from lineage 2 or Kos-mos from xenosaga. BOTH are highly detailed and bad-ass! If I enter kos-mos Ill have a chaos with me and if i enter seriel Ill have a fell lineage knight accompaning

Either way i'll have two wicked costumes

naomi_censored
06-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I am DYING to go down to Youmacon, as it looks like a BLAST. And with longer Friday hours than most conventions and free Thursday night programming, I'll be able to participate it a lot, I think! I don't know if I'll be able to work it all out, but if i could find some friends to go with me, I'd so love to try this con out.

rubyspitfire
06-13-2011, 04:46 AM
if i get to go to this one (i really hope so) i'll be cosplaying havoc and grimmjow. i like to go to one distant con a year, and since i'm not able to go to AFW i'm planning for youma!

gloomybear
06-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Alright~! So I've already "sort-of" finalized who I'm going as.
I know one day I'll be dressed as Lady Rainicorn with a giant rainbow slinky as a prop XD
another day, I'll probably be going as Sexy Luigi with a go kart along with my Sexy Mario.
And then I'll probably be dressed as Stocking too... but what version I'm going as is going to be a surprise ~ ; D
I'm considering bringing along my Megurine Luka JBF cosplay, and DEFINITELY Kisuke if I finish him!
I also want to do a pokemon gigjinka.................
alright... I'll admit, I haven't completely finalized it yet... lawls.

DandyPianist
07-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Im going as Kuroshitsuji - The Undertaker, Probably gonna end up alone D: must o.e'' find...other kuroshitsuji cosplayers xDDDDDDDDDDDDD lol

jukebox
07-02-2011, 11:48 PM
As far as I'm aware, I'm bringing Power Girl (DC Comics), Seras Victoria (Hellsing), possibly Excella (Resident Evil 5, accompanying my AMAZING Chris and Jill) aaaaannnnd maybe one more, haven't decided yet. I might re-wear or fix something old up. We'll see how I feel.

^___^ I'm coming all the way from Toronto and this'll be my first Youmacon, I'm thrilled!

Sachie
07-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I'll hopefully be coming down this year, also from Toronto! And it'll be my first Youmacon so I'm pretty excited!

Not completely sure on cos plans yet but most likely Meiko Synchronicity version and a Eevee/Umbreon gijinka?

Tamerlane
07-08-2011, 12:54 PM
It'll be my first long distance/overnight con, because I'm coming from Toronto. I hope to put together a pit(kid icarus) costume in time, but if not, I'll default back to my Link costume. Any other Canadians making the cross-border trek?

Midnight Blue
07-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I'll be going again this year because its one of my favorite cons. I 'm showing up as Edea from Final Fantasy 8 and I'd REALLY like to get Prier completed from La Pucelle Tactics. Hope to see all of you there. :)

RavenTifa
07-09-2011, 09:21 PM
I'll be going again this year because its one of my favorite cons. I 'm showing up as Edea from Final Fantasy 8 and I'd REALLY like to get Prier completed from La Pucelle Tactics. Hope to see all of you there. :)

I know you!!!! XD Gah this con can't come soon enough. Yet also glad it's still a ways off to have time to finish everything o.o Ok... Serah skirt... You're getting worked on next couple days that's it. Same with CC Tifa vest.

pink-lemonade
07-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I went last year and I absolutely loved it, so I'm definitely coming back again this year! :-3
I'll be cosplaying Madoka Kaname, and I might re-use my Mimi Tachikawa costume too.

naomi_censored
07-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Yay, I see some other Torontonians are coming down to this con? Sachie and Jukebox, how are you travelling, and how are you planning this trip? I really want to go to this con and I'm hoping to rope a friend or two into helping me go to this con; could you tell me how you're doing it? Are you bussing in? Driving? Are you bringing friends? Tell me your secrets, please?
(Don't mean to be creepy, Just wondering how one plans a trip to an out-of-country con. Never done it before, myself!)

CleanPianoHands
07-16-2011, 08:50 PM
This will be my second year going to Youmacon and my first time staying for multiple days so I'm really looking forward to it! :) I'm going to be Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Blue from the Pokemon manga in her Fire Red/Leaf Green outfit.

stinkulousreddo
07-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Gaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhh I hope that I can go so badly omgz I love youmacon. it's the best con that ive ever been to and that's saying a lot.

bobsusedgimmick
07-17-2011, 10:10 PM
This is the first time a friend and I will be going to Youmacon and it will be the first time we're cosplaying as well. We're going as the boy? version of Alice and Akari from episode 22 of the second season of Aria. Since 95% of the people there won't know any better we'll basically be crossplaying for our fist cosplay. Its going to be awsome, but those fist steps into public will probably be pretty rough. We're excited though.

Lonefox
07-18-2011, 01:38 PM
This is the first time a friend and I will be going to Youmacon and it will be the first time we're cosplaying as well. We're going as the boy? version of Alice and Akari from episode 22 of the second season of Aria. Since 95% of the people there won't know any better we'll basically be crossplaying for our fist cosplay. Its going to be awsome, but those fist steps into public will probably be pretty rough. We're excited though.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r276/dscelfo/random%20stuffs/crossplay.jpg

KatyaNoctis
07-26-2011, 06:14 PM
This'll be my first Youmacon; I'm so excited :D

I'll be Season 1 Kaiba there, probably Season 0 Kaiba as well. I'll also be debuting Euphemia li Britannia from Code Geass, which I'm SUPER excited about!

Stinkulousreddous, I will kidnap you there if I have to ;) <3

MercuryLampe
07-31-2011, 11:12 AM
My cosplays that I'm bringing are Draco Malfoy, and Vriska Serket, and maybe Stocking if I can round up the money. Vriska's and Draco's costumes are pretty warm, so I'll be good if it's cold, but I hope there will be at least one warm day for Stocking! xD
I have a friend that is going as Alive!Aradia Megido, and a few other friends are also attending, but they haven't decided what cosplay to do xP

Delevaine
08-23-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm bringing my new Sniper Wolf cosplay, and my cousin is going to be Meryl. As much as I love my Alucard costume I'm tired of being the 4th,5th,6th Alucard seen at the con. Nobody wants to take photos of you at that point. I did appreciate the squealing girl though last year and the hug. Had a ton of people ask me about my guns though. Maybe I should start making them for others.

candyintherain
08-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm definitely going, but I don't know what costumes I'm bringing yet >.<. Definitely Miria from Baccano! because I'll be part of a murder mystery event. Probably Jessica Rabbit (me and my Roger were a big hit last year, it seemed). Maybe Anastasia or Yurippe.

Akiluv
08-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm going and I'm soopah excited!! ^____^ To the point where I think my friends MAY be tired of hearing about it! xP Anyway, I'm a second year (lulz), and it's also going to be Pokemon-ified; I'm currently constructing Mew and Leafeon gijinkas (to go with my other friend's eeveelutions, I hope they finish) to take. I'm almost done with Leafeon, I just need boots and ribbon. The downside to them, though, is that both cosplays are dresses. XD I won't be outside a lot.

Rock nam Lee
10-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Out of curiosity, how long is the Friday? Is it all-day or half-day? (ie: starting at 9am or 4pm)

lunaladyoflight
10-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Thursday evening is the first day. So panels start around 6 or 7pm. Friday scheduling usually starts like 10-noon I believe.

stinkulousreddo
10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe Anastasia or Yurippe.

I like Anastasia 8D

Saaski_Moql
10-12-2011, 08:08 PM
My sister is going as Kiki, from Kiki's Delivery Service, and Fionna from Fionna and Cake, the Adventure Time gender swap, and I'll be with her as Marshall Lee. Possibly Videl from DBZ, if her boots don't kill me.

Sand1941
10-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I'll be going for my first time, and my first time in Detroit! I'm so excited!!!

I'll be doing an Inspector Gadget cosplay of Penny~!

gloomybear
10-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Final plans ~
Friday: Fem!Luigi or Marceline the Vampire Queen
Saturday: Waitress Stocking
Sunday: Lady Rainicorn

I might decide to do things in a different order but those are my main costumes.

Oh, and is it just me or is Youma REALLY close now C;
I'm just a little freaking pumped!

18 days remaining!