PDA

View Full Version : Legretta Weapons Tales of the Abyss HELP! First time making weapons!!

DarciaSolas
02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
I bought two identical dollar store plastic pistols as a base but I have no idea what I should do next or what materials I should use.

Any ideas would be appreicated. Thanks.

Picture: http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p399/alinejollie/Tales%20Sagas/Legretta_the_Quick.jpg

Shinigamia
02-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Yay, a Legretta cosplay! That'll be so cool.

Unfortunately I can't help you much >_< Though I would say identical pistols would be hard to work with, since Legretta's pistols are quite different if you look at them. You could try PM'ing people who have already done Legretta and try asking how they made theirs. Good luck :) I'm sorry I couldn't be more of a help, I'm quite a noob myself when it comes to making weapons XD

rubyredrose
02-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Yay Tales cosplayers! <3 (You might have better luck posting in the Tales forum, I know some really excellent cosplayers still check that..)

That said, if you want to build around pistols, what kind did you get? A photo would be helpful to know how much of the original toy you can keep.

Personally, I'd make them from insulation foam which I carved from a solid piece for the basic gun shape, and a separate piece for the arc under the grip, gluing two sheets together to make it thick enough. To attach the "gun" to the "arc" piece, take toothpicks, stick one halfway into each piece of foam vertically, then glue together (this will end up with a stronger join than if you had made them out of a solid piece of foam). Then cover in paper mache/spackle to make it very smooth. Then add details with Activa Creative Paperclay, (or any other air drying clay), paint, then seal with Mod Podge Satin gloss (my preference, but any clear sealant would work).