PDA

View Full Version : Blackadder

EastCoastKing
02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
This may be more fit as a historical cosplay, but here goes:
Blackadder is series of British comedy's, each set in a different time period. Though relatively unknown in the United States, the series is most noted for launching the careers of Rowan Atkinson, Hugh Laurie, and Stephen Fry. The first edition was set in the middle ages, and then on up till the first world war. It had a very Monty Python feel to it, and the humor may be a tad too British for American audiences to completely appreciate. Nonetheless, it is a favorite of mine, and I hope of some other cosplayrs too. Of course, the most obvious costumes are Blackadder himself, and Prince George. But there were plenty of other characters from the series that would make for some fun costumes, not to mention skits. Hope some others have considered it.

Satine
02-10-2011, 02:49 AM
I have had plans on a Queenie dress for years :) Love Miranda Richardson's portrayal of her :)

I just haven't ever found a good brocade for either of her gowns.

ten_again
03-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Love the show! Possibly the funniest series ever, if you ask me.

Been looking into World War 1 uniforms myself, but for re-enactment purposes, not so much for Cosplay. But the one doesn't have to exclude the other.

Nickytea
03-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I love Blackadder, and would be very tempted to build a costume ... but which series? I have special place for each of them.