PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Giant Robo Cosplayers

Michael_Duck
10-20-2002, 08:56 PM
Hi! I'm Alex, from the Experts of Cosplay. We are a group that is devoted to (but not restricted to) doing Giant Robo Cosplay and promoting Giant Robo: The Animation to our fellow anime-lovers. We're looking for hard-core Giant Robo fans to join us. We know there are some of you out there, and we want you to come forward and show your passion for Imagawa's masterpiece. Currently, we have eight official members, a website, and some business cards. I'd say we're pretty well established for an up-and-coming cosplay group. Come check us out at http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/gr3/HP.html for more information.

Michael_Duck
11-05-2002, 01:08 AM
Aw, come on people...say something, anything! I was expecting at least a "Hey! I've seen Giant Robo" or maybe a "Giant Robo? Is that the one with the kid that controls a robot with his friggin' wrist watch?" Ah, well... I bet nobody else is ever gonna see this so I'll just say something to make myself feel better about myself. We're on the front page of this site, so Ha!

K_Valentine
11-05-2002, 01:36 AM
Well, I hope to do a Murasame next year. If that fails, I'll reprise my Daisaku.

Too bad I'm not anyone new to add to the roster.

Michael_Duck
11-05-2002, 01:41 AM
Hooray! A response! Is this Tom, by the way?

Tetsugyu
11-05-2002, 03:23 AM
Wow! Promoting for the cosplay group without telling me!? Sugoi! Awsome job dude! And yes we are on the hompage of the site for Ani-Magic 2002! How kick ass is that? Don't forget to mention to the nice folks that we just got the domain, www.expertsofcosplay.com
Now, when you asking peeps to come out to cosplay for GR, are you asking for them to join...or for them to come to our cosplay gathering at AX (which should be quite a treat)? I think we should also have one at Fanime. That is if you and Jessica are going.

Michael_Duck
11-05-2002, 05:30 AM
At last! My Thread is coming to life! Though I know every person that's responded so far...
Thanks for the praise, Jarod, and by join, I meant 'join'. I know I should've cleared it with the rest of the group, but I thought it was about time that we sent the message out and started recruiting people. How many years has it been since Giant Robo (the Animation) Started? And how many active GR cosplay groups are there? Compare that number with the amount of EVA groups there are. We may only be one group and sure, Robo may be out of the spotlight, but we're not gonna let it die. We're gonna keep the memory alive and fresh. Once we give 'em a taste of that OG robot anime style, we're gonna take these EVA hippies and Gundam Wingers to school! We'll be that shadow caught at the corner of people's eyes. We'll be the vaguely familiar characters that make you wonder, "Hey, what's this guy from?..." in my opinion, part of our mission is to remind people that Giant Robo is still around and that there are people that still love it. I think it only does justice to not let it be forgotten...

soshi
11-05-2002, 07:23 PM
well, I still want to do Youshi.. someday. at the moment I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it for AX. >< d'oh. but I will... eventually... +_+;; prolly when I get around to doing CWZ Emeraldas. (ie, in like.. three years.. -_-)

SohjiroX
11-05-2002, 08:26 PM
*back turned a bit near a tree* the past comes like a fallen leaf in a wind. Nothing always stays up above. All I can say is, let the past be forgive and the future be refreshed. Nothing is forever gone. Hmm, not bad for a third time cosplayer if I say so myself, well I hope you find all the people you need Alex, take care of yourself, and one more thing, I hope you already shaved your legs for your character cause, it was just to weird for me last time. *V sign* late

Michael_Duck
11-05-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by soshi
prolly when I get around to doing CWZ Emeraldas. (ie, in like.. three years.. -_-)

Whoa! You're doing a Cosmo Warrior Zero costume?! Sweet! I have yet to see it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Michael_Duck
11-05-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Michael_Duck
I have yet to see it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Cosmo Warrior Zero, that is...

Tetsugyu
11-06-2002, 04:06 AM
To Soshi: Well Claire, we can always use you in the Masqurade! That is if Rich can't. Too bad our resident Go won't get off his butt and make his costume. *sighs* But we can ALWAYS use you for pictures and gatherings! ALWAYS! Oh and tell your Red Mask (Robin) to Email my ass!

To SohjiroX: Who are you? Shave your legs? Nani?? Why would Alex shave his legs to do Shogeki no Aruberto?? -_-'

Originally posted by Michael_Duck
Thanks for the praise, Jarod, and by join, I meant 'join'. I know I should've cleared it with the rest of the group, but I thought it was about time that we sent the message out and started recruiting people. How many years has it been since Giant Robo (the Animation) Started? And how many active GR cosplay groups are there? Compare that number with the amount of EVA groups there are. We may only be one group and sure, Robo may be out of the spotlight, but we're not gonna let it die. We're gonna keep the memory alive and fresh. Once we give 'em a taste of that OG robot anime style, we're gonna take these EVA hippies and Gundam Wingers to school! We'll be that shadow caught at the corner of people's eyes. We'll be the vaguely familiar characters that make you wonder, "Hey, what's this guy from?..." in my opinion, part of our mission is to remind people that Giant Robo is still around and that there are people that still love it. I think it only does justice to not let it be forgotten...

>Thanks for the praise, Jarod, and by join, I meant 'join'. I know I should've cleared it with the rest of the group, but I thought it was about time that we sent the message out and started recruiting people.

Yeah I think you should have cleared it, but your solo attempt to extend the offer just makes me feel less alone in my otakuisim for this anime! So I think it's kool. Just warn me next time, ne?

>How many years has it been since Giant Robo (the Animation) Started?

'92-'98

>And how many active GR cosplay groups are there?

Hard question. There is a Cosplay Group called Big Fire, and I know Panic Studios are Huge fans of GR, and have done Albert, Ko-Enshaku, GinRei, Cervantes, Taisou, Tetsugyu, and Komei. Mabey more? But you did say active. I don't think they are anymore. Another thing is, I think we are unique because none of them are dedicated to GR. We are like say, Sailor JamBoree, in that we cosplay the characters from the show we punned our name after. That's dedication and loyalty to an anime. I don't think the other GR related groups are as obsessed as we are. lol

>Compare that number with the amount of EVA groups there are.

Not that I'm a expert (Oh wait, I am...of Justice! ...and cosplay [in the pun's sake only -_-']) But I don't think there are any EVA groups. But I don't doubt it. I will say there are tons of cosplayers that do Eva. We are unique compared to them.

>We may only be one group and sure, Robo may be out of the spotlight, but we're not gonna let it die. We're gonna keep the memory alive and fresh.

HAAAIII!! We'll fight for justice and die with honor before we let it fade. Just like good musketeers! Isn't that the code we follow?

>Once we give 'em a taste of that OG robot anime style, we're gonna take these EVA hippies and Gundam Wingers to school!

Like wow...
Yeah! Kick their asses! (j/k)
Man! A slam on EVA out of nowhere! I do have to say I love Eva, but LOVE Robo more!

>We'll be that shadow caught at the corner of people's eyes. We'll be the vaguely familiar characters that make you wonder, "Hey, what's this guy from?..."

One of the perks, and then one of the sad parts. Like at AWA, almost every person said this EXACT phrase. "Giant Robo! ahh I've heard of it, but haven't had a chance to see it yet." >_<

>In my opinion, part of our mission is to remind people that Giant Robo is still around and that there are people that still love it. I think it only does justice to not let it be forgotten.

I full-heartedly agree! I think that is apart of our mission, but I think the first priority of our "Mission" is to have fun, which we do. And then spreading the Gospel of Robo is always a second bonus to that.

SohjiroX
11-06-2002, 11:08 AM
N/M *laughs* in anycase, best leave this thread alone now, hope you find everyoone you need to get your group going, till than.

Tetsugyu
11-07-2002, 10:46 PM
To SohjiroX: After some thought and glancing at your profile, I figured out who you are. One thing is, Alex isn't the person who's legs you shaved. That was Jim. On things of the past, it can't change between you and I. I don't wish you any bad feelings, but you know where I stand on you and I. Like Nathan, you can say hello to me at a Con and you don't have to feel you need to avoid me, but I still don't want a friendship. I hope we are clear. Good luck in your life and take care.

SohjiroX
11-08-2002, 02:42 PM
*bows and smiles with eyes shut* thank you, sorry for the miss hap on this thread, I forgot about it somewhat of the names, guess things are hard to remember at times, in anycase thank you and I really apriciat that, hope you have a great time at the up comeing cons, I have to go to six if I wish to do this year how I want to. well take care.

Tetsugyu
11-13-2002, 05:25 AM
No one wants to cosplay GR eh? How sad. Alex, it looks like we are alone in our battle against BF...

K_Valentine
11-13-2002, 10:04 PM
if only there was a way to get more people aware of GR.

Tetsugyu
11-18-2002, 04:22 AM
That's true enough. Problem is, how can we spread the gospel? Got any ideas? lol

mochihead
08-06-2003, 03:07 PM
*PING*

I am the queen of reviving old threads. Why start a new one, when there's a perfectly good one hanging out in the back of the file cabinets, right?

I am currently working on Youshi & have Go-Gakujin on the back-burner until I can figure out his damn fans (big-small-umbrella. How to make them all in one?!)

I'm hoping that after hubby watches the tapes with me, he'll want to do Chujo or Ko-Enshaku.

I am also a props whore, so I'm working on a pair of axes & a sake gourd for some very, very, very good friends of mine. ^_^ You know who you are!

Jarod: Alleluiah, oh great GR god! Thank you for showing me the light!

K_Valentine
08-06-2003, 03:31 PM
My Murasame will debut at AM this year.

evilchii
08-06-2003, 03:50 PM
woohoo! Giant Robo! i must thank Jarod and Jim for introducing it to me.

i have a Gin Rei outfit planned and i also have a Youshi planned but i'm still dying here trying to get good reference shots of Youshi. (but i don't mind ^^ it means i just gotta watch the anime over and over and over again. yay!)

if all goes as planned, i'll be wearing both costumes at ax 04, though, i would do just about anything to make it to ani-magic this year.