PDA

View Full Version : Phantom of the Opera help

protectorkorii
02-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I am currently planning on making the movie version of Christine's Point of No Return dress from phantom of the opera. I'm having problems with the bodice though. Its one that goes under the breasts. Since I have rather, um, bigger breats I wasn't sure how to make one that would still support me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is a photo:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_782uSLgkcQ0/S8R5Hqqmb4I/AAAAAAAAAA8/SwzC4zHqb94/s1600/costumes_christine4.jpg

rawien8706
06-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Most irrelevant comment ever: THAT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! (I love that dress!)

Um...Does the bodice have to support you? Can't you improvise and uh...wear a bra, then make the bodice around that?

DemonBarberST
09-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Perhaps a bit odd coming from me, but being a Phantom cosplayer myself, I wanted to see if I could help and throw my two cents in there. By the look of the concept art, I would think a strapless white bra could work.

There are several cosplayers who have done this costume. I would recommend searching for them via costume search and asking them what they did.

Boudica
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
I am probably to late but here is what I know or have seen. I did the exact same costume and I wore a flesh toned corset underneath. Emmy Rossum does wear a flesh toned bra or corset underneath the whole outfit.