PDA

View Full Version : Very Nice Pictures of Torcon3 @SFREVU

Kaijugal
10-20-2003, 11:16 PM
These are some of the nicest pics from the Torcon Masquerade and Salute to Canadian Costuming that I've seen on the net yet, (courtesy of SFREVU) :)

Please visit their site and have a gander HERE (http://www.sfrevu.com/ISSUES/2003/0309/Worldcon%2061/Review.htm). :wave:

A fine number of cosplay.com/Canadian Locals are represented! :)

Cheers!
~Kai :)

Mage
10-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the link. ^o^

wow...the pics are so nice...they look like cosplay postcards....*_* I still can't get over how pretty all the Kijin fabrics are, Kisa. :O

Kia
10-21-2003, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I agree Mage, Kisa's costume looks really pretty in that photo. You can't even see the safety pins, I guess they were really well hidden. ^_^

Dawn..... they have pictures of me on there :: cries :: make them go away! :blubber:

BTW- did you notice that your sister looks crosseyed? ^_^

xiola
10-21-2003, 12:34 PM
kisa looks ridiculously cute.

of course, i look like a TENT and with all that shadow i could be standing under a TREE! ...i love that outfit so much but it really really REALLY needs a better support crinoline. i HATE noticing how tenty it is. stupid money/time >_<

*runs out to look for wraeththu fabric :D*

Kisa
10-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Wow... That doesn't even LOOK like me...
I need a professional photographer to make me look that good all the time!! O-o
Kind of wish the COSTUME part of it had been shown, but I'm not complaining. I'm happy with the chance to pose and look GOOD, because I'm horribly vain, and it could have been MUCH worse.

Mage: I'm constantly in awe at how good my fabrics look too... It was a LOT of Luck and "ooo! This is on Sale! ~Yoink~"
It does prove tho, that you don't need EXPENSIVE fabrics to make a decent costume. And Texture makes up for lack of GLITTER.
I mean, Worldcon WAS Glittercon...

Kia: Quit yer whining :P You look GOOD in your photos. That's all that matters when it comes down to it. And Shush about the safety Pins :P

Dawn: XD This is the best picture site so far. I love how we ALL look good! Thank You for posting it :)

archangeli
10-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Great pics. Thanks for posting the link Kaijugal!

xiola
10-22-2003, 02:48 PM
kisa, we dont' ALL look good there just because you do! >_<

my costume looks like a circus tent and the lighting is terrible. and it can't be helped by inexpensive things either. it needs metal skirt hooping. sure i don't look ugly, but it's showing off everything that's WRONG with my costume and makes me want to fix it, and it's too late now coz i'll never have the time and don't have any reason to wear it again.

bleeah.

yay for everyone else who's happy though! ^_^ *does a halfhearted little dance...*

Kisa
10-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Xio, i think it was just your hulahoop... it seems a bit bigger then the one you used at TT, because you weren't as tent-like there...
But I'm not saying anything else, because you get cranky whenever I'm happy or content with how I look, even if you got more attention and love at the time in person.
It's nice to once in a while appreciate myself and think I look GOOD, rather then just being bitter because everyone else gets love and attention, which is pretty much all the other times, and in person at events.
Worldcon was glitter-con but it was also "you're-not-special-enough- con"(at least to certain people...) which Everyone already knows I have issues with and wont get on that subject because I don't *want* to be cranky and it makes other people feel bad when they shouldn't.

Kia
10-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Xiola- if it helps, my mom says she knows where you can get krinoline (sp?) for cheap. I know you were mentioning something about it at World Con. I can get the info for you if you'd like. ^_^

nuriko001
10-22-2003, 10:31 PM
hey, kia.. who were you?

lainey
10-22-2003, 10:36 PM
xiola you're a great costumer so hush =p

yeah kisa...which one are u lol

Ninja Sensei
10-22-2003, 10:37 PM
It's nice to once in a while appreciate myself and think I look GOOD, rather then just being bitter because everyone else gets love and attention, which is pretty much all the other times, and in person at events.

Remind me to give you more luvin' the next time I see you. :)

(Sorry ... I just didn't see that your "Luvin' Indicator" was reading LOW. ;) )

Kia
10-23-2003, 12:26 PM
hey, kia.. who were you?
^_^ If the question was for me (and not Kisa, b/c simmilar names are often confusing ^_^) I was in the Court of the Peacock King group (the final group in the fashion show). I'm the one in blue.

xiola
10-23-2003, 04:19 PM
i'm nto asking for more love. and i was perfectly happy that day.

all i WAS saying is that i hate when someone says "isn't it great how EVERYONE looks good" when what they're happy about is simply "isn't it great how i look good". because that's perfectly fine! and they should just say that rather than assuming everyone else is happy with how they look too.

and as for my getting more attention than you, that only ever happens in ONE costume. one costume EVER. and you feel the exact same way as i do, because i tend to think *you're* usually the one who gets all the love. so basically this just means we're both incredibly stupid people ok? =_=

please no one get all sympathetic on me, i know my costume is nice and whatever and i don't need to hear it just because i'm a whiny brat. being whiny is no good reason to get compliments.
(and i'm not buying a crinoline if i can help it. i was going to make one, and if i don't have time or money to make one it's my own fault.)

i'm just a dumbass coz i'm pretty sure i'm gonna fail school this term coz i cna't get my homework done so i'm just generally not in the most optimistic of moods lately. yay.

nuriko001
10-23-2003, 04:40 PM
buggers.. i dunno which group that is.. uh.. if you have a bird on your haed.. then.. maybe.. i think i know. but.. uh.. :P

xiola
10-23-2003, 07:02 PM
(psst... kia = http://www.sfrevu.com/ISSUES/2003/0309/Worldcon%2061/DSCN1619.JPG (second from the right) hehe you look good in that wig XD)

^_^

(hehehe then there's jon in a wig... *snickers* XD)

Kia
10-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Personally, I think this one's (http://www.sfrevu.com/ISSUES/2003/0309/Worldcon%2061/IMG_1067.JPG) the better one.
And yeah, the four of us had this running joke all day that the boys were "Fine noble lords. Rich and powerful Gentlemen. With no shoes." ^_^

And :razz: to the wig. And a BIGGER :razz: to the shoes.... they left a dirty black mark on my nice chicken socks...

Sarcasm-hime
10-24-2003, 01:29 AM
<--Disapproves of shiny metallic lamé in almost all circumstances, but anyways....-.-;;

Kia
10-24-2003, 06:42 AM
I never said I liked the costume, or what it was made of. I only said that, of the two pictures, that one was perferable. And that dress was only slight better than the other one they wanted me to wear. ^_^

hellbelle
10-24-2003, 07:28 AM
(wrong person posted)

xiola
10-24-2003, 08:52 AM
i like the pic where you're looking up... but that's more because it's a pretty pic of your face and no shadows :P i can't tell which one the costume looks better in :p

agh i still can't figure out how is the best way to do my beading...! @_@

hmmm i'd better be in a better mood today! rar. *ties to ignore panicky school thoughts*

Kaijugal
10-25-2003, 06:58 PM
And :razz: to the wig. And a BIGGER :razz: to the shoes.... they left a dirty black mark on my nice chicken socks...

Hey at least you HAD shoes! :D * laughs and points to poor Douglas and Jon with the stocking feet * :)

Jinto
10-31-2003, 12:40 PM
SPONGE BOB!!!!!

I love the Sponge Bob. :D
Sponge Bob was great. The little guy inside was having such a hard time getting around in that thing. He was a real trooper.
There were a few kids there; one tiny little boy in a Flash costume I remember, and a couple of others.