PDA

View Full Version : Nipponbashi Street Festa

kiratsukai
02-06-2011, 04:27 AM
STREET FESTA HAS BEEN CANCELLED BECAUSE OF THE ONGOING TROUBLE IN TOHOKU AND KANTO.

Nipponbashi Street Festa is coming up in March and there are over 300 cosplayers already set to attend.

The dates aren't exactly set in stone until they're posted to the official website, but all the information out now says 3/21 from 11am-5pm.

If you're walking around or attending events in Osaka, keep your eyes out for these little boxes too: http://nippombashi.jp/festa/2011/contents01.html

If you have some change to spare ~ dump it in there. Nipponbashi is far from a rich neighborhood and any and everyone chipping in helps keep the event free, safe and awesome ^^

There is a 1,500 yen dressing room fee for cosplayers. The cost is pretty steep compared to other events, but since the event is free to guests, there's really no other way to collect costs than a heavy changing fee and those friendly little boxes.

Event site:
http://nippombashi.jp/festa/2011/
Archive site:
http://www.cosp.jp/event_info.aspx?id=16889

We'll probably be attending in Touhou with a few friends from mixi and archive.

Some Yorustar regulars and members of a geeky social group we hang out with are also talking about coming in costumes from other series and plainclothes. So there will be plenty of people to meet and probably a lot of parties to attend afterward if you're up to it ^^

Osaka's geeks are next-to-none in friendliness and enthusiasm. If you're free, come out and meet some :)

-Edo-
02-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Sounds good, yah like you said at the bottom of the event page there is a banner advertising a cosplay event on 3/21. I should be able to make it down, I've got a few friends who are in the Osaka, Kyoto area so wont be all lonely like. :crylaugh:

CelestialShadow
02-07-2011, 09:10 AM
hmmm well it so happens that I have a week off in march at that same time! I could totally come!

Will you all be getting a hotel down there????

kiratsukai
02-07-2011, 07:48 PM
hmmm well it so happens that I have a week off in march at that same time! I could totally come!

Will you all be getting a hotel down there????

I was going to just ask to stay with Yuusuke but if enough people were coming out, we could probably all find a hotel to split.

-Edo-
02-08-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm in Nagoya so I could do a one day thing. I'll see if friends are going to be there, let me know what hotel your at if you do stay a night and I could do a last minute reservation.

kiratsukai
02-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Yuusuke has room for up to 4. Don't quote me on this... but I think Celeste, sheik and me would be cool to stay for free.

That said, I haven't made the "pitch" yet. ^^;;; Will work on my best "pleaaaaase" face.

CelestialShadow
02-17-2011, 11:10 PM
crapola, well I just did my budget for the month and I wont be able to attend =(
Dont have enough free cash to afford the ticket down to osaka, so I will probably see you all again in May when I come for the Kyarafes. That event is far enough ahead that I can save money for it but since I am going back to Seattle in April I have to budget crunch the next two months >_<

Hope you all have fun and I want to see some pictures!

kiratsukai
02-18-2011, 12:24 AM
crapola, well I just did my budget for the month and I wont be able to attend =(
Dont have enough free cash to afford the ticket down to osaka, so I will probably see you all again in May when I come for the Kyarafes. That event is far enough ahead that I can save money for it but since I am going back to Seattle in April I have to budget crunch the next two months >_<

Hope you all have fun and I want to see some pictures!

No worries. I totally understand.

Would be kind of a hassle to all coordinate anyway since we already have a huge group planned.

Kyara Fes should be a blast though ^^ Hope to see you then.

Kxela
02-18-2011, 02:56 AM
darn it, it's far and I happen to have my last day of school work on the 22nd ;_;
If didn't I would have considered checking out that area since I've never been to Osaka and around there. Phooie ><

RookBartly
02-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Sounds like fun. I will see if I can get the time off for it.

-Edo-
02-19-2011, 03:45 AM
darn it, it's far and I happen to have my last day of school work on the 22nd ;_;
If didn't I would have considered checking out that area since I've never been to Osaka and around there. Phooie ><

Call in sick :D

Kxela
02-19-2011, 05:02 AM
would if I had any sick days left :P

well, and its the last day of school, gotta see my little 6th graders for the last time before they graduate u_u

kiratsukai
02-25-2011, 05:44 AM
...over 6 hundred cosplayers now rsvped...

This thing is shaping up to be pretty huge O-o;

kiratsukai
03-14-2011, 07:01 AM
After a lot of thought and with no sign of the reactor situation improving, the organizers of Nipponbashi Street Festa have decided to cancel this year's event. It would seem terribly unsympathetic to have a dress-up party in such a visible place when people haven't got power, heat, food or water nearby.

It's regrettable, but appropriate :(

Maybe next year?

-Edo-
03-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Too bad but yah, the right thing to do. Now is not the time to be celebrating really.

kiratsukai
03-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Just a follow-up on this: Several cosplayers were out in Nipponbashi this weekend anyway ~ only, they stood in front of the station exits with donation boxes shouting greetings and collecting money for Tohoku earthquake relief.

Good show, guys.

I'm proud to be part of a community that can put a positive spin on the cancellation of our largest event all year.

Osaka = full of win.

-Edo-
03-24-2011, 03:41 AM
Just a follow-up on this: Several cosplayers were out in Nipponbashi this weekend anyway ~ only, they stood in front of the station exits with donation boxes shouting greetings and collecting money for Tohoku earthquake relief.

Good show, guys.

I'm proud to be part of a community that can put a positive spin on the cancellation of our largest event all year.

Osaka = full of win.

Cool!