PDA

View Full Version : Anime North photo section...

lainey
10-21-2003, 05:32 PM
this has been brought up before...
how come we cannot have our own category...?

archangeli
10-21-2003, 05:58 PM
You're right. This has been brought up many times, but since I'm here I'll explain it again.

We can only have our own category on Cosplay.com if Admin (aka Kyle) comes to Anime North to do the photoshoot. All the pics in the "categories" are taken by him, which is why they can be featured on the site.

Generally Admin usually only goes to cons on the Pacific coast, in and around California (cuz that's where he lives). For him to fly up to Toronto, take a bunch of pics, and fly home would cost a helluva lot of money - and unless Anime North invites him and covered the travel expenses, it's doubtful that Anime North will ever have it's own category. (Well, you could always mail him a plane ticket yourself Lainey ;) )

There's also a big copyright/ownership issue for him to post pics taken by other photographers. (This is why EurobeatKing has a huge photo album, but none of his photos are "cosplay.com" pics)

Anyhow, that's not to stop us from making our own gallery sites and sharing them in the Anime North forums.

Ikegami (aka Eric) has a huge collection of AN photos from this year and the past few years. You can check them out here (http://www.pictures.adaelis.com/). He's kinda become AN's unofficial "official photographer" hehehe.... And he looks really cute in a moogle suit!

Hope I've been of help.

Kia
10-21-2003, 06:14 PM
We can always try and ask for an Anime North Members gallery when it gets closer to AN 2004. I think it may be a little redundant to ask for one for past years at this point. At least if we all know that there will be a place for our photos for next year then maybe it would have more photos in it than just the random ones lying around the galleries. ^_^

Kisa
10-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Personally, I'm happy with Eric and Stillvision's photos.
*shrugs*
You get used to not getting any love when you live and only go to cons around here.

lainey
10-21-2003, 08:53 PM
sorry that's what I meant ^_^

how come we don't even have a section in the member's gallery?

that would be nice i have to say, to have all of us clumped in one area.

i understand about the "official" part...but the member con part...
they really should add us. we have a fair amount of photos to have our own category.

Lafiel
10-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Eric kicks butt :)
Cutest moogle Man ever :D

archangeli
10-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Eric kicks butt :)
Cutest moogle Man ever :D

I agree! :dance:

Mari Moni
10-22-2003, 01:10 AM
me too me too !

Kia
10-22-2003, 08:09 AM
sorry that's what I meant ^_^

how come we don't even have a section in the member's gallery?

that would be nice i have to say, to have all of us clumped in one area.

i understand about the "official" part...but the member con part...
they really should add us. we have a fair amount of photos to have our own category.
Someone has to actually "Officialy" ask for it. Admin wouldn't just set one up when he didn't know it it was actually going to be used. Otherwise it's a waste of time, effort and space.
Like I was saying earlier, when it comes closer to Anime North 2004 (we're talking maybe April or May here) then someone should ask, that way it should probably be set up right before the con.
Make sense? ^_^

[Edit: While I really enjoy looking through Eric and Stillvision's galleries, it would be nice to also have a single place to look for photos from everyone else. As it is right now we kind of have to sift through all the members galleries to find and Anime North images. The idea of a single place where we can put out photos is a great one. That way it should be easier for people to find what they're looking for. ^_^]

heki-chan
10-22-2003, 01:56 PM
*whispers*

Eric is working on it

:X

Just know, that when its up, it will rock all your socks :D

<3

xiola
10-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Personally, I'm happy with Eric and Stillvision's photos.
*shrugs*
You get used to not getting any love when you live and only go to cons around here.

yeah, but we have actual good cons with panels and ICG masquerade rules

do you know many cons that are as big as ours in the states DON'T use ICG rules and barely have any fan-run panels? it's f'ing crazy. we're lucky, really. yeah we get no love, but when i think about it i have to say i'm SO much happier going to cons here than i would be in the states -_-

the_duck
12-16-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm still relatively new to the forums here, so, I'm not sure if this is a viable option or not. But would it be possible for one of the members here to represent cosplay.com at AN? If the person agreed, there could be a deal that all pictures could only be used on this site.
I don't know, just an idea I thought could work.
Peace!

archangeli
12-17-2003, 12:27 AM
ah, but then there are copyright issues of who owns the photos and does the photographer get paid for their "representation" of cosplay.com...

it's "safe" if Admin does it since this site is his baby but even when Eurobeat King goes to a con he posts his pics in his own member gallery. He's a staff member, but none of his photos ever have the cosplay.com pink watermark in the corner because they don't belong to cosplay.com.

I use Eurobeat King as an example, but hypothetically, if I decided I wanted to represent cosplay.com and took 300 pics at AN04, those photos would still be my photos. If someone then decided to put the cosplay.com watermark on them (which i personally wouldn't care about) I could then turn around and claim that the photos were stolen without my consent?

i'm kinda going in circles, but i hope you get my meaning. it's messy.

the_duck
12-17-2003, 12:35 AM
ah, but then there are copyright issues of who owns the photos and does the photographer get paid for their "representation" of cosplay.com...

it's "safe" if Admin does it since this site is his baby but even when Eurobeat King goes to a con he posts his pics in his own member gallery. He's a staff member, but none of his photos ever have the cosplay.com pink watermark in the corner because they don't belong to cosplay.com.

I use Eurobeat King as an example, but hypothetically, if I decided I wanted to represent cosplay.com and took 300 pics at AN04, those photos would still be my photos. If someone then decided to put the cosplay.com watermark on them (which i personally wouldn't care about) I could then turn around and claim that the photos were stolen without my consent?

i'm kinda going in circles, but i hope you get my meaning. it's messy.

I see what you mean. I suppose it would all be up to the individual taking the photographs, personally I would do it without any qualms (I don't really feel the need to own much of anything. I couldn't care less about the watermarks or such.

I suppose if this were to happen, then the best course of action would be to have a contract written up between Cosplay.com and whoever is given permission to represent the site