PDA

View Full Version : Commodore Norrington(POTC)

twentystitches
10-21-2003, 07:00 PM
Well, I'm rather frantically finishing up this costume for a friend, for halloween. It's been really challenging.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to do the thick gold strips on the white parts of his jacket. Not the outlining trim, but the vertical strips. I was thinking of using a trim..but it looks more solid than that. O-o;; And I wasn't sure exactly how to fold the trim over to make it look nicely. Perhaps a wide trim would work?

Refrence pictures below, they're not the best(it's really hard to find good pics and he has two different jackets... T_T;; No one loves the stuffy British guy.)

Um..>_>. So, yes, suggestions would be great. I'll adore you even. ^^;;

Oh, and is anyone else planning, or already making to do this costume? There's a kagillion Jack Sparrow's out there(which is great. X3), but not enough Commodore!Love.

Sana-chan
10-21-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm trying to get several friends to be the Commodore, but they're all being lame lol. But kudos to you man for doing it!

As for the gold shtuff, I'd definately suggest a trim. I dunno if they have any Yardage Towns by you, but in the past I've seen a nice selection of different trims there.

Scruffy Rebel
10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Can't think of anything to say for assistance myself, but kudos as well for doing that costume! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I agree that poor Norrington is really getting passed up. Jack is the main person everyone wants to do, then it's Elizabeth, then Will. Haven't seen any Barbossa's yet, but his costume looks mighty hard....maybe people don't want to do Norrington because of the white wig? hehe. But really, he's getting left in the dust and he was a pretty neat character.

~Oracle