PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to Sugoicon?

Melchior
10-20-2002, 10:49 PM
I just got back from it this weekend. It was ok, but it felt more like a "social" con. It was smaller, and they had a moderate amount of programming, but I had the most fun talking to people. Did anyone else go?

Rosiel
10-21-2002, 09:36 AM
I went. I had lots of fun. I didn't sleep. I feel like some 3 days old roadkill. X___X

And, yes, the whole point of Sugoicon is that it's a social con... don't expect any amazing anime or panels, but expect to meet a lot of nice people and have fun.

Bobbi
10-22-2002, 01:06 AM
You know I was there. ;) I just went on Saturday, but I had a lot of fun!

It was really more social, and I like socialness! But Eric (boyfriend, Melchoir's roomate) likes panels and video rooms. I'm all into meeting people and taking pictures, while he's not. I was panicing because I forgot my camera. He told me he'd take some pictures of me when we got back, and I was so upset. He finally stopped at a store and picked up some disposable cameras for me. ^^

I think the highlight of the convention was getting stuck in the elevator while trying to find the Ranma 1/2 party. ;)

Rosiel
10-22-2002, 09:27 AM
> I just went on Saturday, but I had a lot of fun!

What costume were you wearing?

> I think the highlight of the convention was getting stuck in the elevator while trying to find the Ranma 1/2 party.

You got stuck in the elevator? The one that broke? X___X
It stopped between two floors when I was on it with Katan but luckily it was only temporary...

Bluesummers
10-22-2002, 11:01 AM
*wave* I went! I was up nonstop from 6 in the morning Saturday to 2 in the morning Sunday. >_< I was Vash...the female one. You know, the only one there WITH the glasses? Flashing "Love and Peace!" in every picture. Ahhh...yes...

So many good pictures...wasn't that Treize costume GREAT? ^.^

Rosiel
10-22-2002, 11:21 AM
> wasn't that Treize costume GREAT? ^.^

Yup, finally a good Treize! It makes me want to make a Zechs costume, because GW villains have been rather short-changed as far as cosplay goes...

But the best part about it is that he is a really nice guy. It was great not to have to walk alone in the hotel corridors at five in the morning. ^__^

Hikaruchan
10-22-2002, 11:33 PM
Do you know what the Treize's real name is? Looks kinda like guy I know was going to be there, but the hair is throwing me.

Rosiel
10-23-2002, 08:49 AM
> Do you know what the Treize's real name is?

Eric.

Which isn't horribly helpful, I'm sure, with the number of Erics out there, but disclosing someone else's last name on the net is rather rude. ^___^

Hikaruchan
10-23-2002, 12:04 PM
First name was all I needed. It wasn't guy I know, but the 2 share a lot of facial characteristics.

KnuxieChan
10-23-2002, 04:21 PM
>I was Vash...the female one

Cool! I was the girl Shippo! With the pillow for a tail XD Iwent with Melchior

Rosiel
10-23-2002, 05:02 PM
> Cool! I was the girl Shippo!

I remember you! I tracked you down to ask you what your costume was supposed to be!

*hides in shame*

Wait... there were two Shippos I think... @___@ which one were you?

StXBomber
10-23-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Shippo87
Cool! I was the girl Shippo! With the pillow for a tail XD Iwent with Melchior [/B]

I wasn't there, but my friend was (the guy with the giant fro). He told me of fansview.com where I saw all the pics and now I'm interested!

And I was wondering what that was on your back! I was thinking, "Ok... WHY does she have a bag on her ass???" Lol, but now I can see what you were.

fuzzyduc
10-23-2002, 07:55 PM
Hi :)

I've been lurking here for a while, finally decided I'll speak up and say hi to all. Couple of friends and I showed up at SugoiCon on Sat & Sun. This was our first time cosplaying. We didn't know that we were going to cosplay until the night before. So, we didn't show up early enough to enter the contest, but we had a good time. I remember the female Vash and I think Shippo! ... Anyway, it was a lot of fun. ^^

FuzzyDuc

Melchior
10-23-2002, 10:45 PM
Feh. I hate waiting for pictures. The only three I've found so far are Fansview, Rogue and Flexi, and some guy who gave me his card and said he'd put his pictures on his site (http://upstate.stalo.com/ for those who want to look)

Anyone else have any pic links? They're difficult to find, even with google!

And Rosiel, which costume were you wearing? I remember someone asking Shippou who she was, but I dont remember the costume.

Rosiel
10-24-2002, 09:09 AM
> And Rosiel, which costume were you wearing? I remember someone asking Shippou who she was, but I dont remember the costume.

That was probably me. ^__^

I was wearing an obscure Rosiel outfit he only has on for a chapter header, and was hanging out with a child Katan...

Basically it was a white vinyl suit with a black bow and half my face was covered with blue veins (degeneration marks). I had left my wings at home because there was no space in the car.

ALTHOUGH I might have asked on Friday when I was out of costume... which would make it a girl with really long wavy blonde hair wearing a black leather trench. Which is as generic as it comes, I guess. ^___^

Melchior
10-24-2002, 10:56 AM
OK yea, I figured that was you. I saw you eating dinner at McKennas in costume while we were too on Saturday night. I have to admit, most of the hotel staff was pretty unfazed by what was going on. It's interesting how that works, ne?

StXBomber
10-24-2002, 03:53 PM
can anyone point out themselves on www.fansview.com? I wanna see your costumes!!!

Melchior
10-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Here I am:

http://upstate.stalo.com/SugoiCon2002/inuandkitsune.JPG

StXBomber
10-24-2002, 04:12 PM
hmm.......

*looks at Melchior's avatar*

YOU MUST BE THE CUTE SHIPPO!!!

Miki
10-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Hi, I was at SugoiCon. here's my costume on fansview... :)

http://www.fansview.com/2002/sugoicon/101902d069.jpg

StXBomber
10-24-2002, 07:00 PM
ok... how did you make yourself so big? Stilts or something? and didnt you hit your head on a bunch of stuff?

Miki
10-24-2002, 07:34 PM
Actually I just made the head on a long piece of pvc pipe.. and carried it, so I could be as tall as I wanted or as short as I wanted. Yeah, it did get hit around quite a bit.. The top was made out of Foam, so it was soft enough to hit and not get damaged..

Melchior
10-24-2002, 07:35 PM
Miki, you rocked. I saw you all over the place. That costume was awesome, yet creepy at the same time. More than once I saw a fangirl cornered by you outside the dealers room in fright ;)

Very very cool costume though!

StXBomber
10-24-2002, 07:43 PM
*is surprised Melchior didnt make a comment on my earlier comment*

Miki
10-24-2002, 11:00 PM
Thanks! I'm glad you liked the costume. Kaoashi was a fun character to cosplay... Thanks for saying the costume looked awesome and I'm glad to hear I got the creepy look done on it as well.. I saw the movie a week before the con.. and just had to go as noface. This was my first attempt at cosplaying... and it shall not be my last. Yeah, I did corner quite a few outside the dealers room, and spread out throughout the con. ;)

Melchior
11-04-2002, 01:11 AM
I posted my pictures. Here they are:

http://www.psoutfits.com/ksuanime/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=5&sessionid=e8f49dd8babdb2eddb01f1c465abad8c

I apologize in advance for the craptacular quality. I forgot my digicam and had to use a disposable camera to take these pictures (which is why my claw is in half the pictures =P )

Bobbi
11-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Meep! Sorry for the late reply!

Originally posted by Rosiel
> I just went on Saturday, but I had a lot of fun!

What costume were you wearing?

> I think the highlight of the convention was getting stuck in the elevator while trying to find the Ranma 1/2 party.

You got stuck in the elevator? The one that broke? X___X
It stopped between two floors when I was on it with Katan but luckily it was only temporary...

I was Misao from Kenshin (crappy fansview pic (http://www.fansview.com/2002/sugoicon/101902b012.jpg)) When were you on the elevator? I don't really remember what time I got stuck, I think it was at 10 or 11 pm. I do remember this lady who worked in the hotel was stuck too and she looked quite scared at all of us people in costumes. ^_~

I'll be posting my pictures here (http://gallery.overload.nu) pretty soon. I don't know how well they came out cause it was with the outdoor disposable camera. ><

KnuxieChan
11-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Miki! Yer costume was great! Even my parents were impressed! (If anyone wants to know, in that one pic, I'm the uglier Shippo >.O) I can't wait for the next con ^^'

Melchior
11-09-2002, 07:43 AM
Blah quit saying that Shippou. You're not ugly. Dunno why you'd even say something like that. :(

KnuxieChan
11-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Cuz I am? (Am I spamming? Blah..)

Zidane will probably be my other costume, my dad wants to make a Keaton (Zelda: MM) outfit for me O.O

vashtheimpaler
11-17-2002, 02:23 PM
I also went to sugoicon, I was the Legato BlueSummers of trigun fame.