PDA

View Full Version : Help Need For Armor!

Mizuki Kaneko
02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I need help, i mean big help, I'm planning on cros-playing as the dark magician(male) from Yu-Gi-Oh but I don't want to make the armor out of cardboard because to me it's too flimsy, also gets ruined easily if bumped or ran into. I need suggestions on a material to make the dark magicians armor out of. any ideas?

Aearon
02-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I'd say papier mache and wonderflex would probably be the easiest to do / lightest weight while still being durable.

CapsuleCorp
02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Wonderflex or fosshape covered in fabric. It's what I would do if I ever did the DM.

andprosper
02-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I would swear by the craft foam technique. It's lightweight and cheap. It can be tedious to make, but I've used it on both an armor costume and my Queen Amidala headdress. It was definitely good for the headdress because I could wear that huge thing and it didn't hurt or get heavy.
Craft Foam Tutorial (http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html)

Chipface
02-10-2011, 01:06 PM
If you're gonna go with that, with the glue and water mix for sealing I suggest using wood glue instead. Makes for a smooth and more durable too.