PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

Zeerogue
02-11-2011, 10:44 PM
I wasn't sure where this would go, however, I notice that a lot of cosplay stuff and other things in general are paid with PayPal, or only PayPal. I don't have an account, so it's been bothersome. I've read the website, but I'm still not sure on what's going on. Is it free to have an account there, do they charge you for stuff that you buy?

If anyone could explain it to me, that would be helpful. ^.^

Aearon
02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
It's free. The only time there are really any charges is for transferring for personal stuff, but you can bypass that by just putting for goods. And, if you're converting from one currency to another there's another small fee.
If you're buying things on eBay or other sites that use your same currency, there won't be any fees.

Mangochutney
02-11-2011, 11:07 PM
If you're buying goods from merchants and paying with PayPal, you pay the stated amount (i.e. no fees, free for you) and PayPal deducts their fee from the amount they transfer to the merchant. You don't have to worry about that on your side at all. Money can also be transferred between two people who have PayPal accounts without any fees on either side, so long as the transaction is marked "Personal".

nannyogg
02-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Also, to use paypal, you can upload money from your bank acct to paypal, you can use an echeck drafted directly from your bank acct to the person via paypal, you can use a credit card via paypal, or you can apply for their buyer's credit and use that like a credit card to make payment.

rubyspitfire
02-12-2011, 12:53 PM
paypal used to have an option on their site where you could just use a debit or credit card instead of using your paypal account to pay for something, but it worked the same way as using your account (you pay paypal and they pay the seller)