PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon B&W Mall Tour

~H~
02-13-2011, 12:25 AM
It's going to be coming to my area (Denver) at the end of the month. I've never attended one before, but it sounds like fun! So, questions...

Has anyone here experienced it yet? If so, what did you think?

Is it okay to go in costume?

I'd truly appreciate any info ^_^.

TR Rose
02-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm going to be attending the one in Texas this year! I plan to go as May (provided I get the costume done in time). :)

Eliteslayer
02-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I went there just yesterday with a bunch of cosplayers. People there had no problems with us being in costume, and even some staff members asked for pictures, so that's not a problem.

The event itself was AWESOME so by all means, go to it. Just expect a huge crowd and really long lines, so don't show up in the middle of the day like I did, it's a full-day event.

BlackieChuu
02-13-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm going to be getting a Yanappu (Pansage) costume done for this event, since I'm going to the one in New Jersey thee day before the game release.

~H~
02-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Cool ^_^. Maybe I'll see about finishing my Professor Juniper costume for it.

@Eliteslayer: Since it sounds like there will probably be a lot of crowds, what would you suggest would be worth waiting in line for?

JordanExcelsior
02-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Currently putting together an N costume for the mall event, my wig is on it's way and I am picking up the shirt, turtleneck, etc. soon. I'm using a Rubik's cube as a base for the cube and went the ping pong ball route for Pokeballs.

Is anyone else going to the Grapevine Mills location?

Eliteslayer
02-14-2011, 02:13 AM
Cool ^_^. Maybe I'll see about finishing my Professor Juniper costume for it.

@Eliteslayer: Since it sounds like there will probably be a lot of crowds, what would you suggest would be worth waiting in line for?

Well, if you want to see the movie, you have to get there early, since it sold out insanely quickly. The prize wheel line tends to be long, but if you want any of the prizes and got the stamps, then it's probably worth it. Also, the game demo line, since that's pretty much the point of going there - really, most anything worth doing is worth waiting in line for, but bring your DS so you can play against other people while you're in line.

~H~
02-14-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the info! I definitely want to see the movie. Even if I don't get to do anything else I'd leave happy ^_^. I guess I'll have to contact the mall to find-out how to go about acquiring tickets.

phantomjunkie
02-15-2011, 11:09 PM
I'll be going to the Discover Mills event in Atlanta, as it's coinciding with Momocon at Georgia Tech. Fortunately, that event is going to be happening the week after the games come out, and I have already fully paid off my pre-order, so I won't have to wait in line for demos or anything~ Just gonna go check it out and show off the Bianca costume I'm making for the weekend.

touchmon
02-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm going to be going to the one that's taking place in New Jersey in two weeks. I'm trying to get a ginjinka done on time so I can go there in cosplay. ^_^

Kingdoodler
02-23-2011, 09:41 PM
me and my friends went in cosplay and there were soo many people there in cosplay!!! it should be ok!!! besides you'll have a blast in cosplay :D

~H~
02-24-2011, 12:51 AM
I just have 2 more days to wait now! Professor Juniper is pretty much done (just need to make the earrings).

Another question: I called the mall to find-out when they would be showing the movie, but they didn't have that information. For those of you who have already done the tour... Did they show the movie at frequent intervals throughout the day? If so, was it like once every two hours?

TR Rose
02-24-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm glad I have a few weeks! I haven't done anything on May yet except for her hat!!

Big appleton
02-25-2011, 08:46 PM
can't make it to the any of the mall tours, but there's a event at Nintendo World at NYC

http://www.pokecharms.com/2011/02/nintendo-world-store-hosts-black-white-launch-event/

gonna go as Touya,/Black male trainer. Anybody want to tag along? :D

touchmon
02-25-2011, 10:44 PM
can't make it to the any of the mall tours, but there's a event at Nintendo World at NYC

http://www.pokecharms.com/2011/02/nintendo-world-store-hosts-black-white-launch-event/

gonna go as Touya,/Black male trainer. Anybody want to tag along? :D

Darn. I would love to go to it on Saturday but it's the same day the mall tour is happening in New Jersey.

Big appleton
02-26-2011, 12:50 AM
^ last time i checked, the mall tour is happening on Friday and Saturday. Besides there's a lesser launch event aswell at Nintendo World on Sunday too, though i wouldn't be able to make that one D:

touchmon
02-26-2011, 04:38 PM
^ last time i checked, the mall tour is happening on Friday and Saturday. Besides there's a lesser launch event aswell at Nintendo World on Sunday too, though i wouldn't be able to make that one D:

Unfortunately I go to college on Long Island and Friday is my day to drive back home to New Jersey. Plus I have classes until 3. >_>. And Sunday is the day I have to drive back so Saturday is the only day that works for me.

And in other news, my Sawsbuck gijinka is pretty much all set to go for the tour next week. ^_^. I'm just worried that people may not know who I am though...

~H~
02-27-2011, 05:04 AM
So I got my chance to go yesterday! It was fun, but I missed out on the movie and they didn't bring the Zekrom and Reshiram statues to Denver (dangit). They did have some cute plushies (I walked-away with three), along with cool prizes for the stamp game. I wore my new Professor Juniper (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/356729/) costume, and my little guy was Pikachu again (though he wasn't keen on posing for photos).

I'll see if I can get some pics uploaded soon ^_^.

touchmon
02-27-2011, 01:10 PM
So I got my chance to go yesterday! It was fun, but I missed out on the movie and they didn't bring the Zekrom and Reshiram statues to Denver (dangit). They did have some cute plushies (I walked-away with three), along with cool prizes for the stamp game. I wore my new Professor Juniper (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/356729/) costume, and my little guy was Pikachu again (though he wasn't keen on posing for photos).

I'll see if I can get some pics uploaded soon ^_^.

I love the Juniper cosplay and I hope to see some cute pics of the little guy too. ^_^. Were there a lot of cosplayers over there?

~H~
02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I love the Juniper cosplay and I hope to see some cute pics of the little guy too. ^_^. Were there a lot of cosplayers over there?

Thanks ^_^.

There were a lot of people in costume, but more in partial costumes (i.e., wearing a pikachu hat with plain clothes). I didn't feel out of place being dressed up. Many staff members even asked for pics, which was very cool!

Gabbyv23
03-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Went to the grapevine one today :) I was the eevee in the sleeveless black jacket.
It was fun but the line-waiting was kind of pointless cause all I got was a stylus anyhow....
Still very, very fun though.

TR Rose
03-14-2011, 12:39 PM
I posted up all the photos we took at the mall tour at Grapevine Mills, TX:
http://meowaboutcosplay.com/events/pokemonbw2011.html

kojirojames2004
03-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Took my new James cosplay outfit to NYC for that event, which was a day early due to the fact it was going to rain! Photos soon...hopefully.