PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to AM2?

Freight
02-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I managed to get a block of rooms on the pool level at the Sheraton for June 30 to July 4, and I wanted to know who was interested in going.

Please keep in mind that I plan to check out early on July 4 to go to Disneyland with my kids.

Also, the rooms at quad occupancy are $169.00 per night. I know the posted rate is $149.00 per night, but persons 3 and 4 add a $10.00 per night fee by the hotel.

Eurobeat King
02-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Freight: As much as I enjoyed cosplaying DOA with you at the Anaheim Convention Center back in the days, and especially enjoyed the DOAX gatherings at the Anaheim Hilton, I won't be going to AM2, but will be at Anime Expo that weekend. I hope you have fun there and let us know how it is, 'k? :)

Freight
02-16-2011, 04:47 PM
No problem, man.

I spent time with my wife discussing our options, and this sounded like more fun to me. Smaller con, less money required to go, and we can take our kids to Disneyland right after the con is over. Cool to me.

Hope to run into you at Fanime, though.

sicdedman
02-17-2011, 01:45 PM
i am going to AM2! but i don't have any money this year for a hotel room. i hope i have money for gas for all 3 days.... AM2 understands us little people (Money Wise) that's 1 reason i'm attending Am2, another reason i'm attending Am2 is because i have never been to Anaheim Convention Center and would like to try it out like a new pair of shoes! lol

Blue6
02-17-2011, 02:19 PM
another reason i'm attending Am2 is because i have never been to Anaheim Convention Center and would like to try it out like a new pair of shoes! lol
I hadn't been at the ACC since 2006, so I was pleasantly surprised by the renovations that they've done to the Convention Center since then.

LelouchYamazaki
02-17-2011, 02:24 PM
I am somewhat still undecided but leaning over more toward AM2, ill prob be driving back and forth everyday to save on hotel which I do for AX anyway.

I was at the ACC a few times for yugioh events or blizzcon, but it does have some nice renovations

stitchez
02-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Totally going~ Since I live in OC I'mma be commuting via car each day, and my garage has become a sort of "stay here guys" for my friends. Aka Imma have up to 10 other chicks at my house, sleeping in my garage/my room and helping with gas/parking money for each day X'D

L. Mikia
03-19-2011, 09:03 PM
It seems that a good handful of us are planning on heading out for AM2 this year. I am unsure if we're going to get a hotel or just commute since the trek from LB to Anaheim isn't bad at all.

LelouchYamazaki
03-19-2011, 11:40 PM
looks like my team is planning on getting a hotel for AM2 and having a party or two happening around that time as well.

I'll probably be con hopping but AM2 will be where people will see me the most

Phanari
03-23-2011, 12:29 PM
I got a room at the Hilton on Convention Way for July 1-3. I'm so going! Second day I plan on being Harley Quinn with the Joker. It's gonna so rock!

Day 1 I'll be a Gentern and day three I'm gonna be something undecided.

YamiMegumi
03-24-2011, 10:50 PM
I'll be going to AM2.

animejunkie
03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
I'll be interested to see what everyone who went thinks of this con...if only the dates didn't coincide with AX. That said, I'll be at AX this year...but I would seriously consider AM2 next year for sure.

MeiChama
03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
I originally was going to go to this con, but my friends were like "We've gone to AX so many times, it's our tradition to go again! >:U" so I'll be attending AX with them. Although if AM2 gets a particular guest to go to their con, then I'll talk to my friend about seeing if she can drive me over to there to see them.

W4RH0US3
03-29-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm going fo sure

jambreaker
03-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I found out about this con while at Anime Conji -- I'll probably go there on the Saturday at least ;-)

CodeShogun
04-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Count me in. The recent events have lead me to finalized the decision for me to hit up AM2 for sure. I'm currently looking for the room now since I would love to hit up all 3 days and doing my own stuff.

Perspective
04-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Latest AM2 Commercial! Check it out and spread the word! Get your Passports today!: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM2Con#p/u/0/CRx6m-_hv1s

ElCapitan
04-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Latest AM2 Commercial! Check it out and spread the word! Get your Passports today!: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM2Con#p/u/0/CRx6m-_hv1s
Dude. I appreciate that you're really into AMē, but please don't spam everyone.

Jack Kim
05-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Learned about this con during Wizard World-Anaheim at the LA Cosplay table (thanks guys!). See you all there!

tamahomegurl
05-15-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm a little boggled and upset that this con is scheduled to be on the same weekend as AX. I'm thinking that this convention would have alot more attendees if it took place earlier than AX - sometime between February and June due to the lack of any anime conventions in Southern Cali during that period. Just a suggestion though....

Thymidine
05-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Who says they even care about numbers of attendees. All AX cares about is making a profit nowadays. Quality is much better than quantity.

Servent_To_Zero
05-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Just wait. I give this convention another year before it will no longer will be free.

LelouchYamazaki
05-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Realize there are good reasons why this con is free, its up to the attendees to keep it that way and if they do we can look forward to it staying the same in the future.

Roughly its like the anime industry support it and it will grow, torrent it and say you watch it but really don't do anything to help and things close. Some of the best anime companies have closed because of this when they try to give the fans what they want and make an amount to stay open and pay all the workers.

I think the guy behind it has the right idea and has the ideas to back up his decisions and abilities since he himself is a true fan, I see some of the people at AX only after paying the top guys and caring less about the fans in the past which led fans to want their alternative

ElCapitan
05-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Just wait. I give this convention another year before it will no longer will be free.
If that were true, it would make even more sense for people to show up this year and get in on the free ride while they can. Just sayin.

slimchance
05-16-2011, 02:09 PM
I will be going AM2 - Morelikely - station there - live and eat there for couple days.
Well I am just glad to be at Anaheim cause there is so much good food around with cheap price and in walking distance and everything is cheaper. (need to protect my wallet as much as I can)

jambreaker
05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Easier for me to get to Anaheim as well -- actually will be taking the OCTA bus 83 which goes from Laguna Hills all the way in to the North side of the convention center -- not sure how transfers work between LACMTA and OCTA, but for anyone in LA they can take the LACMTA 460 to its terminal next to DIsneyland, and then catch the OCTA 83 (or walk, but it's a couple good long blocks) to the convention center. Total fare would max out at $5.20 round-trip on the 460, and for me on the 83 would be maybe $4 -- the convention might be free, but not sure about parking, unless you're carpooling. :rockon:

Poody
05-17-2011, 01:37 PM
I would be very interested in attending this con, as well as many of the cosplay groups I roll with. If only it wasn't on just about the worst weekend possible....