PDA

View Full Version : A-kon 15 groups

Scortia
10-22-2003, 08:41 PM
I figured starting a thread for people wanting to form groups may be a fun thing to do and help us to have huge cosplay posses. ;P Anyway, I'm currently looking for:

More people for a Potter group! ... it's coming out that week, dangit... whoo,cosplaying at a Texas theater and A-kon,.... whoot!

Malice Mizer - any takers? I'll have an Au Revoir and a Shiroi Yu~ki by then... Shiroi is preferrably what I'll wear at A-kon though

Utena - Movie Akio needs some love ;_; *flirts with any and all other characters* "Tou! *stylish flip*"

Kingdom Hearts 2 - well, this will be getting done undoubtedly by someone... granted, A-kon 14 didn't have too many KH cosplays... not as many as I expected

Gravitation - there will be tons... but if anyone wants to form a definite click, I'll be making 2 Ryuichi costumes and have a Shuichi

Sailor senshi - Heh, I and a friend will be Uranus and Neptune for yuri shots. _ and are looking for other senshi.. possible Saturn and Pluto too... yay.

Groups are fun... yay... hoping that at least one group will form well enough for a skit. ^.^

Cherry
10-23-2003, 04:55 AM
Me and Adella (The one who helps run cosplay.com) are going as Movie Anthy and Utena for A-Kon. :)

Scortia
10-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Mwahahaha... *idly starts pimping* :P Anyone wanna sacrifice a pretty car for me to flip over? or a window to fall out of? ^^;;;; That'll be so much fun doing Utena-ish stuff... Joy. ^o^

caelestis
10-25-2003, 12:15 AM
If I ever get a chance to work on anything *peers over her shoulder at the crap she still has to finish* I may do KH/KH II ^^;; As for HP I know a girl who's doing a student.. no idea which or what though.. o_o

Gren
10-28-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm planning on a KH2 Sora costume, but absolutly no promises thus far. Also poking around for FFX cosplayers willing to participate in a skit.

Artema
11-01-2003, 06:06 PM
I'm in for the Potter group! ^_^ I'll be going as Harriet, Harry's Alternate Universe self :3

I just need the skirt hemmed up, the patch and tie to arrive in the mail from a friend, and the right color sweater, and she'll be complete! :D

And of course, the Matrix-types are all going to be in a group. I'm trying to convince my best friend's little sis that she'd make an awesome Persephone. :3

If I can get my jacket hemmed, I might even bring Hitomi along, so any Escaflowne group is free to take command of me, at least in the day before and after the Masquerade. :3

Three groups, eek! x_X;

nico_chan
11-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Mwahahaha... *idly starts pimping* :P Anyone wanna sacrifice a pretty car for me to flip over? or a window to fall out of? ^^;;;; That'll be so much fun doing Utena-ish stuff... Joy. ^o^

*busts out laughing* Car for you to flip over...! Ha HA! ^_^ That would be awesome. Make sure it's a red one! Sporty! And preferably a converible. ^_~

nico_chan
11-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Oh, I'm going with an Inuyasha group of sorts, too. ^^; I'm going as Sango in her demon-slaying/battle outfit, and my friend is going as Jakotsu (she'll be great :D). WE have a possible Miroku, too.

kyandi-chan
11-09-2003, 07:56 PM
KH II maybe..or I'll have my old Sora costume upgraded and fixed up...

Does anyone want to participate in the seemingly annual Final Fantasy VII group? I'm going to be Red XIII, my friend Tristan is gonna be Hojo (Bishi version), Abby is gonna be DarkNation (Rufus's panther)Nicky is gonna be Rufus Shinra and I wanted to gather more Turks...

I am also trying to put together a Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Maji Karte...if you liked Soul Taker, then I'll need Soul Taker characters (they appear in Nurse Witch Maji Karte). I'm heading up as Komugi, and Cort is gonna be Koyori. Any takers on the Cat Virus?

As for Escaflowne, if I finish completely redoing my Merle costume, I'll definately bring it!

And if have enough leftover pink material, I'm going to be Sailor Chibi Moon...

KTDE
11-14-2003, 07:39 PM
If all goes through, my friends and I will be doing a Nightmare Before Christmas group. ^^

Cherry
11-16-2003, 12:39 AM
I'm planning on a KH2 Sora costume, but absolutly no promises thus far. Also poking around for FFX cosplayers willing to participate in a skit.

FFX Cosplayers? ::Raises hand::

I may be doing .. Well. Too much to list here, that's for sure.

Gren
11-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Jolly! I'm hoping to have my Seymour ready in time, and Kendar (Sephiroth at the picnic) It's going to do a Kimahri. When they say "Little Ronso" they weren't kidding! XD

kyandi-chan
11-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance anyone? ....

Scortia
11-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Those Tactics Advanced costumes are so cool... I've been tempted by some Moogles and those bunny-girl costumes. o.o Not for this A-kon but maybe eventually.

Akari Hoshi
11-23-2003, 03:12 AM
I'm going to be part of a Final Fantasy group. We're going to have some one from 6, 7, 8, and either 5 or 9. We were supposed to have a Furuba group or a Kill Bill group, but teh boys are pooty heads. *raspberry*

Yea for Irrvine! Yea for cowboys! Yea for Dallas. *dies*

Akari Hoshi
11-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Anyone want to do a Furuba group? Is the Poof-oree going to be at A-kon 15, Scortia?

Aki-chan has put Yuki off until AnimeIowa so I'm the only one doing a Fruits Basket boy. Actually, I'm doing two. Anyway, anyone ELSE going as a Furuba boy? I'm feeling unloved. ^_^

Akari

Scortia
12-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Anyone want to do a Furuba group? Is the Poof-oree going to be at A-kon 15, Scortia?

Aki-chan has put Yuki off until AnimeIowa so I'm the only one doing a Fruits Basket boy. Actually, I'm doing two. Anyway, anyone ELSE going as a Furuba boy? I'm feeling unloved. ^_^

Akari

I'm not bringing Haru... he'll probably be sold off of eBay by then.. I'd like to bring him but I have waaaaay too many costumes and he'll have 3 con showings by then anyway. I know other members like our Yuki want to come back... I just have way too many other costumes ;p

Akari Hoshi
12-02-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm not bringing Haru... he'll probably be sold off of eBay by then.. I'd like to bring him but I have waaaaay too many costumes and he'll have 3 con showings by then anyway. I know other members like our Yuki want to come back... I just have way too many other costumes ;p

I just checked out the A-kon board on the offical site. I'm NOT GOING TO BE ALONE!! WEE!!

Irvine got cut, for which I am forever grateful! Now, all I have to do is figure out what ELSE I'm gonna do! >.<

*wanders off thinking about Cosplay*

Trinity
12-03-2003, 02:15 PM
I'll be bringing Trinity, of course, and my Yuna from FFX more than likely. Both are costumes that I'm really proud of, so I'm looking forward to using them again. I don't know about any groups for FFX for certain, but I do know that if someone needs a summoner Yuna, I'm always game. ^_^ Not sure if my Tidus is up for it, though. :: Pokes at Cherry. ::

And in terms of Trinity I hope my Neo is going to be able to make it -- that just depends on a few things. But I'll definitely be wearing Trinity so I can be twins with Artema again. ^_^ :: Glomptackle. ::

All's well!

Trinity
12-05-2003, 09:50 AM
I've got an Arwen costume that I can bring for a Lord of the Rings group, if it's wished for. I made her Arch Dress (I think that's what it was called) that appears in the third film ... the red one with the awesome sleeves. It needs some renovating, but I could probably get that done in time for A-kon.

Just an offer. ^_^

Akari Hoshi
12-11-2003, 04:12 PM
I have a potential Rin for my Furuba Group. She won't know if she's going to A-Kon until January.

I feel like such a fan girl... a doofy fan girl at that. My potential Rin? She was Momiji in the POOF-oree. My head nearly exploded. *blushes bright red* I feel like a dork...pardon me. @_@

HuongStar
03-30-2004, 10:43 AM
If all goes through, my friends and I will be doing a Nightmare Before Christmas group. ^^
Oh!! I definitely want to re-do my Halloween Town Sora now... :love:

kelldar
03-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Of the ones mentioned... I'm definitely bringing my Tohru from Fruits Basket. FF7-wise I could wear Yuffie again, since I don't think I'm going to end up wearing it at MTAC. Utena-wise I could do with wearing Nanami once more. Harry Potter I'm bringing my Hermione definitely. LOTR, I could bring any of them except Arwen Chase (it's just too freaking hot to wear!)
Any Star Wars going? I really want to bring my newer Padme!
I'm totally flexible on what I bring, as I'm trying to rewear old stuff this year :D

Cynthia
03-31-2004, 02:11 AM
Bah, Hseng-ko from Darkstalkers, Hinata from Rival Schools, and EGL Princess Rabi-en-Rose from Di Gi Charat. I guess I'll be a loner at the the con again >_<.

Tenya Muyo
03-31-2004, 10:45 PM
Inu yasha people: I'll be bringing Kouga down to beat up all inu-faces!! *whahaha* Funny that you mentioned LOTR, 'cause i'm making a Merry Brandybuck costume (and my friend will be Pippin, hopefully...) I think i can squeeze the hobbit in somewhere. ^_^ I think there's going to be a large Full Metal Alchemist group there too, though i haven't heard from them since Cosplaylab went down (poor them -__-). Anyone looking Edward, come find me! And lastly, any Get Backers coming? I'm Ban, my friends Ginji, where's the rest of us???? *starts searching*

kyandi-chan
04-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Soul Calibur II group! Gotta bunch of people that are doing it, not necessarily together, but I hear things. I'm cosplaying Xianghua, Ryo-sama is gonna be Talim, my boyfriend is gonna be Mitsurugi, and Anakha is gonna be Yunsung. There's supposed to be an Ivy, Taki, Cassandra, and Raphael at akon as well. Anyone else wanna join our group?

(my akon plans did a complete 360...i moved things around quite a bit! hehee)

HikaruMiazaki
04-08-2004, 01:57 PM
I'll be in the Potter group as Puppy Boy Sirius!! :D *runs around with black dog ears, paws and tail while in Gryffindor outfit. A lil bone tag that says "Padfoot" jingling against leather collar* XD;; Yay! I want a fellow Moony like this :P

Scortia
04-08-2004, 05:53 PM
I'll be in the Potter group as Puppy Boy Sirius!! :D *runs around with black dog ears, paws and tail while in Gryffindor outfit. A lil bone tag that says "Padfoot" jingling against leather collar* XD;; Yay! I want a fellow Moony like this :P

*hides her wolf ears and collar and runs to her Sirius* lol... actually, I and my friend who will be there as convict Sirius will both have collars and leashes and I'll have the ears and furry slippers. ^^;; As for spoiling people at the movie... if they are there on the first day, they better have read the freaking book already. ;p

HikaruMiazaki
04-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Fuuuuuuu XD Lol I need a Moony! Oh well :) It'd be cool for some photos~

Tasha Mac
04-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Weeeeell...I wish someone would post more about the Fullmetal Alchemist group, cause I'll be Edward...I know there'll be better Edwards, but I dun care. XD

A Saiyuki group would be most excellent. A Saiyuki Gaiden group would be even cooler, but that'll never happen. XD

Scortia
04-10-2004, 05:37 PM
A Saiyuki group would be most excellent. A Saiyuki Gaiden group would be even cooler, but that'll never happen. XD

*dangles the mangled remains of last years Konzen costume* Too bad I cut my hair or a group would have been fun ^^;; maybe I'd be recognized finally o.o;;

Tasha Mac
04-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Weeeell...I guess you'll just have to be Goku then... XDXD

Hey, he's easy enough... X3

Scortia
04-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Weeeell...I guess you'll just have to be Goku then... XDXD

Hey, he's easy enough... X3

lol way too tall for Goku... Doubt I'd have time with 6 costumes anyway ;p

HikaruMiazaki
04-10-2004, 09:46 PM
xD My friend did a Goku costume o_o I'm about his height *ponders on stealing Seiten Taisei costume* >_> :D? XD *cosplays too much*

Tasha Mac
04-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Ooooh, do eeeeet...Konzen commands you! XD

Which Goku, though? Past or present? @_@;

And Scortia, s'cool...I figured that'd be the response, but I had to give it a shot anyway. ^_~

budoorms
10-16-2004, 01:52 PM
pleas r thy any dress up games if no pleas make one

ShineJob
10-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Are we talking 2005 A-kon now? ^_^

Ky Kiske
10-16-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm planning on a Guilty Gear group ^_^ I'm going to be Ky, of course, and my boyfriend Sol. I also have a friend going as I-No and one as May and Jam. I hear they're goign to be alot of GG cosplayers at this A-Kon..we'll see, I guess ^_^

Marlo Hikari
10-17-2004, 06:32 PM
--Oh, I'm going with an Inuyasha group of sorts, too. ^^; I'm going as Sango in her demon-slaying/battle outfit, and my friend is going as Jakotsu (she'll be great ). WE have a possible Miroku, too.--

Nico chan, really now? Well, my brother, cousin, mom, and I are plan to go to A-Kon 2005 and I'm going as Ayame, my brother as Kouga, my cousin as Kagura, and my mom as Lady Kaede( Hopefully, lol!) So, I'm going with an Inuyasha group of sorts also, hehe..would be cool if we say each other there...

Yusuke Urameshi
10-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Well recently, I've begun to consider cosplaying as Chip Zanuff (have to check feasibility). So if you other guilty gear peeps decide on a photoshoot day/time, I'd very much like to hear about it.

AkitoSohma
01-12-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm working on recruiting some of my friends (most haven't been to a con before) as Resident Evil characters. So far, I have:

Jill Valentine -- Myself
Steve Burnside -- Also myself
Albert Wesker -- My boyfriend
Ada Wong -- possibly my friend Rachel, she hasn't confirmed
Barry Burton -- once again, only a possible in my friend Garcia
And maybe a few of my other friends who don't have the time and money to make costumes, but still wanna participate, are going to be our zombies. ^_^

I'd really like a Leon S. Kennedy or Chris Redfield though ~_~

AkitoSohma
01-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm planning on a Guilty Gear group ^_^ I'm going to be Ky, of course, and my boyfriend Sol. I also have a friend going as I-No and one as May and Jam. I hear they're goign to be alot of GG cosplayers at this A-Kon..we'll see, I guess ^_^

Shame I never finished my Brigit or Kuro Ky costumes ~_~ They were just eating up all my free time. Oh well...I'll always have my yo-yo of death...

SwordsWoman
01-12-2005, 07:46 PM
I WOULD SO GLOMP YOU, YASUKE URAMESHI, IF YOU WERE TO BE CHIP ZANUFF! ^_^
i think you could do him nicely. (major GG fan) :heart: i LOVE Sol :heart: ^_~ and Anji, and Zato, and Venom, and Chip, and Ky! *drools*

too bad im with a chobits group this year for a-kon and a FFCC for animefest.... otherwise i would've liked to join your group.

Anna
01-18-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm starting a FF group and praying to dear god that I'll finish Ashe in time. I've spent 7 hours on ONE PEICE of her armor and it's not even done yet XD . I have some friends trying to start an Inuyasha group, but so far all they have is a kikyo,kagome, and maybe a sesshomeru (I keep on telling the guy who wants to make sessho that it's not a very good choice for a first costume (especially on a short budget) but nobody ever listens to me )