PDA

View Full Version : Metal Weapons...

Sephiroth2004
10-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Hi heki-chan! this is ZeFeroth!! ^_^

Anywayz to start this off I would like to know if Anime North allows metal weapons, because my friends and I are going to make Keyblades, and I would like to know if they allow metallic weapons at the convention.

I hope they do because they look so cool when they are metal! ^_^

Anywayz plz respond to this..anyone who knows cuz I really need an answer so I don't have to waste my time making a metal weapon and not being able to bring it lol.

Thx.

Cole
10-23-2003, 02:12 AM
I'm almost certain that they don't. You could look it up on the official page, but I doubt that they allow them.
Con rules regarding prop weapons seem to get stricter every year despite the fact that I have never heard of getting hurt with these weapons. Just a stupid rule they try to push on a little more each year.

Eleryth
10-23-2003, 04:43 AM
Best thing to do is email the convention staff, and ask security. If you are using it solely for the masq, then ask the masquerade director. I think you can for masq entries, but the weapon has to be sheathed/peacebonded at all other times.

Ask someone who runs it, and that's the only way you can be 100% sure.

Good luck, I am sure it will look awesome, no matter what you make.

Sarcasm-hime
10-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I wanted to use sheet brass for my Ragnarok Mage staff, and emailed Security about it, but they haven't gotten back to me. But it would be a hall costume and I doubt they'd let me carry something metal and pointy in the halls. So I guess I'll make it out of plastic or something. -.-;;

heki-chan
10-23-2003, 02:36 PM
*waves* im so glad u made it on to here ^___^

just from what i know, dangerous weapons (not only metal) shouldnt be lugged around in the halls (hall cosplay etc)

the only places u can bust them out is:
in the specially designated photoarea, and the masquerade stage. and even then u need to be uber careful :D

but i agree with whts been said on here, its probably a good idea to email security

But often times, what i find is that security has NO idea what you are describing to them is -_-;;
so if u personally read the rules and think your props abide by them, then bring it to the con and if security stops ya to check them out, they can judge in person then :) if it dusnt pass their scrutiny, u can always leave it in ur hotel room and bust out its gloriousness later ^_^

so far, our group hasnt had any trouble with security. cept San's spear.........>_>;