PDA

View Full Version : Yuna Wedding

ShimmerJester
10-23-2003, 03:55 AM
I'm going to my first cosplay in aussie i'm goignt o make Yuna's Wedding Dress...
:woah:

I'm Not sure How much fabric i will need all up in Meters. Does any1 know, also can some1 please post some hints and maybe tips to make my costume go good

Thank you Guys Luv ya All

Shimmer XXX :heart:

Chanté
10-23-2003, 04:12 AM
This might not be that helpful (since I haven't made Yuna's wedding dress), but I know you are going to be using a LOT - like the equivalent of 10 yards or more, including lining (meters are shorter, aren't they? So, more. ^^;). Yaya of www.angelicstar.net used over 20.

This is not an easy project for a first cosplay! Good luck! ^^

lainey
10-23-2003, 06:51 AM
*nods*

i'm using 6 meters for the outer fabric (bridal satin)

lining is extra...but I'm using broadcloth for that..and some interfacing O_o

Koumori
10-23-2003, 08:26 AM
You don't say whether or not you can sew, or what your ability is, but I assume you're up to the challenge of a strapless dress - this is NOT an easy beginner project! That said, I am using about 10 yards each for the dress and lining, and 1 yard of interlining for the bodice. (According to the online calculators I just used, 10 yards is around 9 meters, but I always thought meters were shorter than yards. Oh well, apparently not.)

Rather than asking for "any tips," it's much more helpful to us if you ask specific questions. (Such as: how do I make a strapless dress so it will stay up, what kind of fabric have you used, how have you designed the train... etc.) We don't know what exactly you need help with unless you ask. Also, you may wish to browse through the threads on the Final Fantasy board; I know that there have been many threads about Yuna's wedding dress in the recent past, and you can probably find a lot of answers there.

Miaka No Baka
10-23-2003, 10:38 AM
you might want to find a sewing pattern that is a closer resemblence to yuna's wedding dress, of course you'll have to alter it so it's exact, but it'll give you a good basis of a start and the back of the pattern will tell you how much fabric you'll need. A strapless dress isn't terribly hard to make, it just takes a lot of fitting and taking in (or out) to make sure it fits perfectly.

and 1 meter = around 40 inches for those who are wondering ^_^;

Miaka no Baka