PDA

View Full Version : Are You Alice? Part II (May)

kiratsukai
02-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Have been talking with shiek and Celeste about reprising Are You Alice? at KyaraFes in May and perhaps throwing a rather more broadly themed "Mad Tea Party" (ie. open to our non-cosplaying friends with any Alice-themed garb welcome) at sheik's house immediately after or before the event.

Curious to know if any of our other Alice friends would be up for the trip. It's over a weekend (would be a Friday-Sat-Sun deal) and you'd all be welcome to stay with either of us for free over that week. You'd need about 3,000 yen to allot for travel to and from the event. The event itself is free and we'd work out food. You just need get here and back. A bus ticket from Osaka costs 3,800 yen one way. I think the night bus from Tokyo to Takamatsu is around 8,000 (not sure if that's one way or round trip)?? If you're looking to save and can get to Kobe by bus, the jumbo ferry from Sannomiya to Takamatsu is about 3,800 round trip.

It's by no means a cheap jaunt, but it's a fun, casual event that spawns great photos and we'd do our best to make it worth your while.

CelestialShadow
02-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Well you already know that I am going for sure =P
Eisuke may be able to come as well and reprise his role as cheshy if his work schedule allows but he may be starting a new job here soon so.....we shall see but for me its a definate yes!
I am thinking of doing another character from the comic as well, either the crossdress version of alice....uh wait isnt he already crossdressed lol. OR I really like the duchess (would make great photos with Eisuke) or if Eisuke cant make it I will bring his costume along and wear it myself. Either way I will have a few costumes to bring with me so I will stay with Sheik so I don"t over burden you with my luggage =P

I will talk to Eisuke more about it tonight and see whats his dealy-o.

kiratsukai
02-22-2011, 08:41 AM
I'll be wearing my Ciel-Alice to the party if we have it. More comfy than the Rabbit :P I hate that wig and want to wear it no more than necessary. It destroyed my forehead.

Will wear it to the event one day and for photos though ^^ Will try to work out a saber too... Marugame allowed huge props last time.

Masonkun
02-24-2011, 01:16 AM
If I could commission something I would love to go, I basically got all my free time taken away for a 6 week course so i cant make a costume.

kiratsukai
02-25-2011, 03:14 AM
Well hey ~

The three of us + 1 Touhou Alice cosplayer friend + 1 Burton Alice costume owner friend + 1 burlesque Alice costume owner friend and whoever else we can weasel into attending seems like more than enough to justify a wee theme party.

Angie has a huuuuge house which is rather pleasant in Spring. Should be fun^^

RookBartly
02-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I will see if I can make it. I would be happy to bust out the hatter again. What kind of props allowed? If you need a saber, I might be able to fasion a good looking one for you. (I may not be able to sew but prop construction I'm good at) If so I can bring some things. Also, what are the details of KyaraFes? I am having a problem finding details on it online. I need dates to apply for leave and all. Whats the weather like there in May? And Finally what day are we looking at doing the 'Are You Alice?' thing?

RookBartly
02-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Ok. I'm a blond. I just saw the post for it you posted.

<--------- Dumb Blond