PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone at cosplay.com! (contest voting)

xIvIaverickx
02-21-2011, 10:53 AM
About a month ago I posted a video for a chapstick contest and with your help it has reached the final stages and made top 10. This is where the voting matters. I ask for one last simple favor. Starting today until March 11 you can vote once a day for a video. Simply follow these instructions and help give me that final push! You can join the facebook event and share with everyone you love and hate!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132020786868767&ref=notif&notif_t=event_wall#wall_posts

or you can just go straight to the video and click the special thumbs up button that appears at the bottom of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgOXN0OUcu8

if you want to see the other 9 finalist just visit www.youtube.com/chapstick and click vote :goodjob:

doxiequeen1
02-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Because you got such good feedback the last time you posted this...

Advertising is still not allowed.

/let the flames begin

Kildread
02-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Because you got such good feedback the last time you posted this...

Advertising is still not allowed.

/let the flames begin

Actually, the flak he caught the last time around was from the way he presented his video --- not because of the contents of the video itself (Which was altogether very fine).

...there's no denying it's still presenting the same thing and spamming, but at least it's presented honestly and without the unsavory mentions this time.

xIvIaverickx
02-21-2011, 01:48 PM
i actually got a lot of support from the people in the forum. And its not spamming

Aearon
02-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, hello again. I'll vote for you at least a few times. I doubt I'll remember to vote every day though. I tried to join the facebook group previously, but the link I had was broken. *Shrugs.*
Good luck on the contest. =)

I watched some of the other entries as well. I'd say yours is the best, with the "ChapKiss" video in second.

Yui
02-21-2011, 03:51 PM
This actually isn't spam per se - since it is in Off-Topic (and not in any of the regular cosplay-related areas), plus it directly concerns the OP specifically and is not trying to sell a product/service. So long as there are no duplicate active threads on this topic and no post bumping by the OP, it's fine to talk about videos you've made &/or contests you are in so long as it is presented in an upfront manner like this that doesn't trick people into visiting &/or pester them to vote.

(If you guys want, you can mention any contests/polls you are nominated for in here as well, and we can all go vote for everybody to be fair.)

DireKitty
02-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Nice video, voted for you twice =)

xIvIaverickx
02-21-2011, 05:01 PM
awesome! thanks admin who changed the title! Ill see if i can fix the fb link

Aearon
02-21-2011, 05:04 PM
That link works. The one I was pm'd previously didn't work. I've joined the event as well. =)

Flora88
02-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Much, much better wording. :)

xIvIaverickx
02-21-2011, 10:14 PM
hahah thanks and my bad on the last post from way back

Flora88
02-21-2011, 10:19 PM
It's cool. It's a very common mistake. I mean, that's how advertising works 7 out of ten times here in the U.S. It's good that you're aware now and have been cool about it. :)

And I shall vote for you now.

xIvIaverickx
02-22-2011, 09:15 AM
haha thanks again

xIvIaverickx
03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
A few months ago I entered a contest for Chapstick and asked everyone vote. Well I am happy to report the results. We placed 2nd with our video and I just wanted to give everyone a thank you one last time.
You can see the results here www.youtube.com/chapstick also if you wanna check out the bloopers for my video go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2QhAMoHnY4&feature=channel_video_title

Thanks again everyone!!!