PDA

View Full Version : Hungary Hetalia cosplay help

Kymber
02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
So I am planning on doing a Hungary cosplay next SacAnime and I want to make it my self (I'm starting really early so I can defiantly get it done in time) and I was wondering exactly what color is the dress she wears I was thinking it was a dark synthetic green but wasn't sure. Oh, the shoes are just brown knee-high combat boots, right?

I was also planning on making the wrap around apron thingy first, sense it seems to be the easiest, and was wondering if anyone has a pattern that I could reference off of, I might just go to a thrift store, lol. Oh, actually I would like a pattern for her sleeves, too if you can, I have a general Idea but, yeah. Oh, and I am making a petticoat for the dress too, I have a pattern for that, but I was just wondering if that was a good Idea or not, this is my first, well first official cosplay anyways, and I'm a little paranoid about it. :).

I apologize if there is already a thread like this, but I genuinely appreciate the help ♥

acostory
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
It's common to do dark green, light green, or light green on top with dark green on the bottom. It's your personal preference, but I believe that just dark green looks nice.

For her maid outfit, I actually think she wears plain black/brown dress shoes. They're really easy to find.

As for patterns, here is one that would work:

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m4948-products-5176.php?page_id=915

It has both long and short sleeve options as well as an apron pattern. For the petticoat, it's good to plan to do everything yourself, but don't do too much planning. A petticoat would definitely work for this cosplay, but you can find some cheap online if you want to.

See you at Sac C:

Kymber
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
thank you Acostory for your reply, it's greatly appreciated, I visited the site and it was helpful thank you. I think I'm going to have short sleeves because it's going to be summer. I'm ordering the nylon netting for the petticoat later today.

It's really a small world isn't it? who would of thought the first person to reply would go to the same con as me? LOL well once again, thank you.