View Full Version : Hungary Hetalia cosplay help

02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
So I am planning on doing a Hungary cosplay next SacAnime and I want to make it my self (I'm starting really early so I can defiantly get it done in time) and I was wondering exactly what color is the dress she wears I was thinking it was a dark synthetic green but wasn't sure. Oh, the shoes are just brown knee-high combat boots, right?

I was also planning on making the wrap around apron thingy first, sense it seems to be the easiest, and was wondering if anyone has a pattern that I could reference off of, I might just go to a thrift store, lol. Oh, actually I would like a pattern for her sleeves, too if you can, I have a general Idea but, yeah. Oh, and I am making a petticoat for the dress too, I have a pattern for that, but I was just wondering if that was a good Idea or not, this is my first, well first official cosplay anyways, and I'm a little paranoid about it. :).

I apologize if there is already a thread like this, but I genuinely appreciate the help ♥

02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
It's common to do dark green, light green, or light green on top with dark green on the bottom. It's your personal preference, but I believe that just dark green looks nice.

For her maid outfit, I actually think she wears plain black/brown dress shoes. They're really easy to find.

As for patterns, here is one that would work:

It has both long and short sleeve options as well as an apron pattern. For the petticoat, it's good to plan to do everything yourself, but don't do too much planning. A petticoat would definitely work for this cosplay, but you can find some cheap online if you want to.

See you at Sac C:

02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
thank you Acostory for your reply, it's greatly appreciated, I visited the site and it was helpful thank you. I think I'm going to have short sleeves because it's going to be summer. I'm ordering the nylon netting for the petticoat later today.

It's really a small world isn't it? who would of thought the first person to reply would go to the same con as me? LOL well once again, thank you.