PDA

View Full Version : Free or not free?

Thymidine
02-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I am slightly confused. The AM2 convention has been advertised as a "free" convention by the website itself and some of the other news agencies that I have visited, but so far, almost everything seems like it needs an extra charge. Artist alley I definitely can understand, but the new interactive events pages that were posted today all say that a 'passport' is required for entry. Isn't that very similar to Anime Expo's business model now with badges and not unique like AM2 has been advertising?

sicdedman
02-25-2011, 06:59 PM
AM2 is FREE. they give you the choice is you want to buy the Passport or not to have frsit access to Main Events,autograph sessions,ect...

but the Con is 100% FREE.

i myself am going to pay for the (PassPort) because i want to Support Am2. i never buy anything in the Dealers Hall so i figure use the Money for the Passport. i go to Con's more for Main Events and Autograph Sessions, and of course take Pictures of the Awesome Cosplay's!

AirWind
02-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Thymidine, its still absolutely free to enter the con. Dance, cosplay chess, arcade, concerts, main events, and exhibit hall are all free.

The concept of the convention is to pay for what you want to participate in - so if you want to participate in an event that you really want - that requires a passport - you buy in - but if you just want to hang out and spectate, you dont have to purchase anything. Compared to other cons, eitiher way, you have purchase a badge to just enter or do anything inside.

LelouchYamazaki
02-26-2011, 01:29 AM
to enter a con where even the concerts a free is already a plus, for the most part the passport just gives you the ability to get better seats and a few extra's including the shopping for a pretty cheap price even ill buy it because I plan on going to Knotts and Medieval times so that's already more than paid the price.

a free con is free but heck its smart to have a way to bring in some money for all the things they are bringing and doing, I do want to support them myself because I mean renting out the convention Center, free events and concerts has got to be expensive, and its only because you want to.

It's like going to a museum or observatory its your choice to leave a donation or not to support the place, but you get nothing there extra but at AM2 you get special things to more than pay for it. If you so chose

Jr.
03-12-2011, 04:39 PM
One thing tho isn't it impossible to continue to run a con if you are not taking in enough money to pay for it?

ElCapitan
03-13-2011, 06:21 PM
One thing tho isn't it impossible to continue to run a con if you are not taking in enough money to pay for it.
I don't think you quite understand the model here, so I'll try to explain. The idea is that con is free for the baseline attendance. If you want to go to a concert, visit Exhibit Hall, see a panel, go to a workshop, check out a video room, walk around Artist Alley, get an autograph, etc... All that stuff is free. From there you can choose to buy a passport to get priority on all the big stuff.

Concerts/Exhibits/Autographs... all of these are events where passport holders get in first. At concerts, that means you get to pick the best seats before the general admission comes in. At Exhibits, that means you get an early shot at any vendors with Limited Edition Merch Thing X, or just have some time to browse before the crowd comes in. At Autographs, getting priority in line improves your chances of getting an autograph.

The goal here isn't to just be another anime con. The point is to give a boost to the industry as a whole. There are two key points to a successful customer base, and those are acquisition (getting new customers) and retention (keeping old customers interested). Anime cons are typically good for retention. They serve as a place for fans to gather and share their love of the hobby, as well as a chance to see people involved in the creation of their favorite series. It reinforces our appreciation of anime and manga, and reminds us why we became fans in the first place.

In terms of acquisition though, those selling points don't mean as much. Prioritizing fans inherently forces you to focus a bit less on non-fans. AMē obviously isn't ignoring the fans, but what we want is to shift that balance more in the direction of non-fans. The core idea behind AMē can be summed up this way: People who don't know anything about football probably won't want to pay for Superbowl tickets, but they might be willing to give it a chance if entry was free. Once they're actually at the game, they might find they like football after all (or in our case, anime/manga). We're here to bring in new people and turn them into fans.

Getting back to your initial point, yes, running a con without income is unsustainable. At the end of the day, we use the same sources of income as most other cons, we just can't rely on Registration as much as most cons would. Since nobody has to buy a passport, we're relying on the benefits (http://am2con.org/attendee-registration/passport-benefits) to convince people, and it really is a solid package. As people have pointed out in other threads, buying a passport then heading over to Disneyland saves you money (and that's before the Downtown Disney merch discount).

Sorry this post ran on so long. I just wanted to clear up why we feel that AMē needs to be free, and the philosophy behind the decision. If you want to help support what AMē represents, by all means, go ahead and buy a passport. If not, come for free.

Honestly, the best thing you could do for us is help get the word out to people who aren't fans already. If you've got friends who don't really know much about anime/manga, send them our way. Even if we don't get a single dollar from you guys, that's cool, because our goal was never to make big money in the first place. The only reason AMē cares about money at all is so we can keep on finding ways to help you share an interest in anime and manga with your friends who aren't fans yet, and strengthen the industry a bit in the process.

Jr.
03-13-2011, 08:43 PM
So does that mean you guys are getting money from some sponsors and if so how much control do they have over your deal?

ElCapitan
03-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Yes we do have sponsors. That said, the details of those sponsorships are private information, and inappropriate for us to disclose. Have you asked AX or Otakon the same questions? I'd put good money on getting the same answer from them.

What are you trying to get at here? I don't really see how our sponsorships have anything to do with the business model of AMē.

Jr.
03-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Well it come into play if most of your money comes from them then they can say we give you x amount of money which you couldn't run this con without so we would like to see these things changed. What I am getting at is the more you have to depend on those sources of money the more they can demand be changed like say if disney was giving you a lot of money they could say we'll for this money we expect you to make sure no one dresses up as disney related stuff.

ElCapitan
03-14-2011, 01:13 PM
I understand what you're asking, I just don't see why you think it's so important. It's more of an oddity to find a convention without sponsors than the reverse. Why are you so worried about it in this case? Even if AMē was getting all or most its funding from sponsorships (we aren't), that still wouldn't necessarily be a problem. If you're concerned about sponsors dictating policy, then just look at our policies and see if anything looks out of place.

I can tell you now that you won't find anything. I was the one who wrote the Code of Conduct and Weapons Policy (with help from other staff), and so I know firsthand that nothing went in that we didn't come up with ourselves. Also, as part of the review process it was compared against the policies of other anime cons. One of the main reasons for this was to make sure things were similar enough that attendees who already knew AX/Otakon/Sakuracon/etc wouldn't have to relearn everything. My point is that there are no weird rules that stand out from other cons, we specifically checked for that ourselves.

Remember, our goal is to get new people in, and our best way of doing that is word of mouth. A lot of what we're doing is geared toward making it easier for a fan to convince non-fan friends to give it a try. Building our policies so that fan will already be familiar with them is just one more part of that.

Jr.
03-14-2011, 02:03 PM
That is understandable but companies have been known to ruin things they don't understand example is AX 2000 where they held it at the disneyland hotel area turned out to be a big mistake when after the 1st day they asserted there control over what the con can and can't do.

Blue6
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM
@Jr.

You're overgeneralizing and making assumptions.

Jr.
03-14-2011, 06:48 PM
That is what we call stating a fact I don't know about you but I was at AX 2000 and saw it happen.

Morrissey
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
That is what we call stating a fact I don't know about you but I was at AX 2000 and saw it happen.

That is understandable but companies have been known to ruin things they don't understand example is AX 2000 where they held it at the disneyland hotel area turned out to be a big mistake when after the 1st day they asserted there control over what the con can and can't do.

Um, those are NOT facts. I was a staffer in 2000.

Disney was not a sponsor. They only thing they did was have us remove hentai from the dealers hall because some idiot vendor sold it to a minor. If that never happened then Disney would have done NOTHING. I don't blame them for that. There were no so called "Disney rules". As with all Disney properties, they don't allow people dressed as their characters so non attendees wouldn't get confused and think that those cosplayers and their behavior reflected on them. So don't act like you knew. Just because you may have been an attendee during that time doesn't mean you were privy to any inside information.

Jr.
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I never said disney was a sponsor of AX 2000 that was just a example of a outside group telling a con what to do and I also had heard something along the line that disney didn't want them to show any bloody anime since the viewing rooms were in the hotel.

Morrissey
03-14-2011, 08:41 PM
I never said disney was a sponsor of AX 2000 that was just a example of a outside group telling a con what to do and I also had heard something along the line that disney didn't want them to show any bloody anime since the viewing rooms were in the hotel.

You said "That is what we call stating a fact". Nothing you said was a fact. You first mentioned sponsors and your fear of them telling AM2 what to do. That's why I stated Disney was not a sponsor. Disney didn't tell us ANYTHING. You're making assumptions. To state it one more time, Disney did not have any special made rules for us or told us what to do.

Jr.
03-14-2011, 08:49 PM
See that is what we call a topic change I was talking about sponsor but you see this line here "but companies have been known to ruin things they don't understand example is AX 2000" shifted it to a different topic which wasn't about Disney sponsoring AX 2000 but about what happened there "IE" the dealers room thing which I knew happen because well some of the dealers were complaining about it, but it was that deal that got everyone talking about what Disney was going to do next.

Morrissey
03-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Well it come into play if most of your money comes from them then they can say we give you x amount of money which you couldn't run this con without so we would like to see these things changed. What I am getting at is the more you have to depend on those sources of money the more they can demand be changed like say if disney was giving you a lot of money they could say we'll for this money we expect you to make sure no one dresses up as disney related stuff.

See that is what we call a topic change I was talking about sponsor but you see this line here "but companies have been known to ruin things they don't understand example is AX 2000" shifted it to a different topic which wasn't about Disney sponsoring AX 2000 but about what happened there "IE" the dealers room thing which I knew happen because well some of the dealers were complaining about it, but it was that deal that got everyone talking about what Disney was going to do next.

YOU brought up Disney. YOU are the one making assumptions about AX 2000. So what happened at AX2000 that had a sponsor take over AX or control the convention? It never happened. That's what I'm trying to tell you. I mentioned the dealer's hall because that is the only thing that can be confused with a sponsor controlling AX. If that isn't what you were referring to then what? I'd like to know. You brought this thread off topic. I'm just posting a response since you are very inaccurate with your assumptions.

Jr.
03-14-2011, 09:09 PM
I brought up Disney in the other notes as an example of a group that has a lot of inside power in Anaheim which has had in the past several conflicts with AX the 2000 one was on there property so that was totally an area which they could control and I believe I remember the AX around when Kingdom Hearts was big they wanted AX to have anyone cosplaying a Disney Char to wear something that showed they weren't part of Disney. The reason i picked Disney out is that is one of the discount area's on the passport is for there place so one would reason from that they could be a sponsor.

Jr.
03-14-2011, 09:15 PM
But anyways since I feel this is just going to end up in a shouting match it's best to just end it at that.Oh and if you feel the need to replay to my comments just message them to me no need to fight on here.

LelouchYamazaki
03-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Jr. so basically I was a con goer as well in 2000 and again when as well as 03-06 and after reading posts on both side some of your comments were misleading at times which led to the responses.

For a con to exist and hold events and guests money is required from either charging the fans or other ways which seems sponsors can help.

Disney enjoyed the cosplayers every year I went asking them to take pictures after it opened and the lil mishap was the only problem I ever heard from. I remember walking with friends and a few disney employees loved some of the original cosplay like KH and were taking pics with no problem.

What Sponsors/how they got sponsors really isn't public info because it has to do with violating private information on both sides, but stuff can be asked is how the sponsors (if and or when announced) would like to see or gain from, which is usually being known or showing something off.

Sponsors usually support the idea of what is being offered so I doubt they will be like no don't do this and such or else it takes away from what the original idea they joined are from and since this is AM2 is at it's first year as a full con wouldn't be a great idea.

Blue6
03-15-2011, 05:44 AM
(Dude, please try to use proper punctuation. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what you're trying to say.)

You've only named one incident that you claim supports your point, but you are asserting that your point is universal. That is overgeneralizing.

You're making assumptions because you're basing your point only on what you saw. There are little facts and/or testimonial to support it.

I'm not saying that it isn't true (I'm not saying it's true either). Your arguments are just weak because they are very ambiguous.

... companies have been known to ruin things they don't understand ...
How? You cite AX2000, but you keep referring to "they." Who are "they" and what did they do? Who was telling the con what they can and can't do? It all just sounds like hearsay to me.

I brought up Disney in the other notes as an example of a group that has a lot of inside power in Anaheim which has had in the past several conflicts with AX the 2000 one was on there property so that was totally an area which they could control and I believe I remember the AX around when Kingdom Hearts was big they wanted AX to have anyone cosplaying a Disney Char to wear something that showed they weren't part of Disney. The reason i picked Disney out is that is one of the discount area's on the passport is for there place so one would reason from that they could be a sponsor.
This post contains more assumptions based on your personal experience. Nothing to support it otherwise, which means it's NOT A FACT.

The list of discounts is very extensive. Are you claiming that they all could be sponsors too?

Jr.
03-15-2011, 07:02 AM
But anyways since I feel this is just going to end up in a shouting match it's best to just end it at that.Oh and if you feel the need to replay to my comments just message them to me no need to fight on here.

For some reason blue you didn't notice my above post about if you want to respond to me on this just message me, no need to drag this thread farther away from its topic and also personal attacks always show how upstanding a person can be don't they.

Morrissey
03-15-2011, 09:59 AM
For some reason blue you didn't notice my above post about if you want to respond to me on this just message me, no need to drag this thread farther away from its topic and also personal attacks always show how upstanding a person can be don't they.

I don't see Blue6 attacking you at all. If you mean by him saying your punctuation is bad, it really is. Your posts are very hard to read. Lelouch's punctuation is just as bad. That's not an attack on you or him, just stating a fact.

Jr.
03-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Everyone has a different point of view I take it as a personal attack because even if you have poor punctuation or not I can understand what someone is saying cause the words are all there but that is besides the point the main point was the whole not dragging the argument out on here and if you wanted to respond to me just message me but apparently that is too hard for some of you.

ElCapitan
03-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Getting this "back on track", or at least back to the tangent that you started...

You're making a lot of assumptions that aren't realistically going to become relevant.

1. You're assuming that sponsors dominate the finances of AMē. I've already told you this isn't the case.

2. You're assuming that sponsors have huge amounts of power. This is incorrect as well. Anime convention sponsors usually get small amenities, most typically advertising. ATLUS is sponsoring some of the registration prizing, but that doesn't mean they decided the price of passports.

3. You're assuming that sponsors will throw their weight around and screw up the convention. There's really no reason to believe this. If some celebrity donates $1,000,000 to the Red Cross, that doesn't mean they're suddenly in charge of relief efforts in Japan. When people give money to a cause, they're typically trusting that organization to do the job, not trying to run the show.

4. You're assuming that if some big sponsor tried to throw their weight around, we couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it. Let's say some company came forward offering lots of money, but demanding that we start charging all attendees just to get in. What makes you think we'd accept that sort of deal in the first place?

I'm going to ignore your Disneyland example, since it's already been pointed out as irrelevant.

Jr.
03-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I am sorry but your picking this one "3. You're assuming that sponsors will throw their weight around and screw up the convention. There's really no reason to believe this. If some celebrity donates $1,000,000 to the Red Cross, that doesn't mean they're suddenly in charge of relief efforts in Japan. When people give money to a cause, they're typically trusting that organization to do the job, not trying to run the show." is kind of cheating cause giving money to a anime convention which is a entertainment show and giving money to help people in japan are like apples and oranges. I can point out places such as college buildings in which people donate a large sum of money but expect that they have the building named after them. I believe there was a person not to long ago who didn't agree how they were running some college sports team he had donated money for there college gym and demanded the money back.

Access
03-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Personally I'm willing to give it a try, I know I'm going to be there at least one day for artists' alley.

Sponsorship is what it is. It's honestly not worth getting bent out of shape or theorizing over, the staff have their own judgment and experience to work that out.

ElCapitan
03-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Rather than getting bogged down in the details, let me put it this way:

Corporate sponsors have been a part of anime conventions for over a decade. They haven't ruined AX or Sakuracon, so what makes you think that it'll be a problem here?

Jr.
03-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Let me put it this way could you run AM2 just the way your currently running without any sponsors at all?

LelouchYamazaki
03-16-2011, 01:05 AM
My punctuation, and grammer are horrid sadly I know it and acknowledge it, sad as i get older i've been getting worse, but I don't take it personally I do my best....that aside

Why should it matter if they have sponsors or not? if it helps an even organization to give more to the fans then what is the problem?

Could you go to a school like UCLA without financial aid? unless your parents are millionaires then yes, or if you worked your ass off hard its possible but will be pretty bad.

I just wonder how your post of Sponsors is relevant to the free or not free, its now become enterprise or non-enterprise

Morrissey
03-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Let me put it this way could you run AM2 just the way your currently running without any sponsors at all.

Ridiculous. With the guests and scale AM2 is planning there is no way they can run the convention for free if they don't have sponsors. Neither can AX, Otakon, etc. AM2's business model is a free convention. Sure, AM2 will make some money from passports to cover costs but that won't cover everything. Please stop making such assumptions. You're making yourself look bad by spouting non-sense. Let's drop the conversation all together. Final answer: AM2 will be run by it's convention staff. Sponsors will have no say in how the convention will be run. They will have presence in advertising, exhibit booths, etc. just like any other convention. No other convention is run by it's sponsors and AM2 will be no different. I'm sure AM2's staff will run an outstanding convention with it's current business model.

Blue6
03-16-2011, 03:10 AM
I am sorry but your picking this one ... is kind of cheating cause giving money to a anime convention which is a entertainment show and giving money to help people in japan are like apples and oranges. I can point out places such as college buildings in which people donate a large sum of money but expect that they have the building named after them. I believe there was a person not to long ago who didn't agree how they were running some college sports team he had donated money for there college gym and demanded the money back.

Naming buildings after someone is still not the same as having a say in how the college runs things.

As for your example about the sports team, source please? It doesn't sound like you're too sure about the details, so I'm questioning whether or not this is a fact. You need to support your claims.

ElCapitan
03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Let me put it this way could you run AM2 just the way your currently running without any sponsors at all.
Actually, you're just wrong. Sponsors don't inherently wreck a convention, but they're still important. All the cool prizing and giveaways typically come from sponsorships. If you want a recent example, just look at the complaints about the AX 2010 lanyards. That was due to lack of sponsorship. Ditching sponsors means less money, which in turns means we can't offer as much to attendees.

You apparently believe that sponsors are going to ruin AMē, but can't provide any solid reasoning behind it. I've made several posts explaining why having sponsors doesn't cause problems, but you seem to be ignoring those counterpoints and dodging my questions. You clearly don't know very much about the topic you've brought up, and refuse to listen to the people who do.

It's looking more and more like you're just digging for excuses to make AMē look bad. If you want to be taken seriously, then I'd suggest you explain just what you're hoping to accomplish with this discussion and why.

Jr.
03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Well for one you just dodged answering my question and for another my whole thing has been about how can you sustain running a con that way. I work at a convention center I know non profits get a discount but not that much of one and being in Anaheim at the A.C.C as high priced venue I mean its all cool your offering the whole free option but if you think about it most of the people going to the con are going to take the free option and if your going to continue running the con with the free option you got to look at the long run. I mean hell AX probably runs year to year on what they get with not much wiggle room money wise and they charge everyone to get in.

Jr.
03-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Naming buildings after someone is still not the same as having a say in how the college runs things.

As for your example about the sports team, source please? It doesn't sound like you're too sure about the details, so I'm questioning whether or not this is a fact. You need to support your claims.

here you go http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Top-UConn-donor-wants-his-money-and-his-name-b?urn=ncaaf-312136

ElCapitan
03-16-2011, 06:53 PM
I haven't dodged anything. Every single question you asked, I answered. That ignores the argument that you haven't asked a single question in this entire thread, since you have yet to use a question mark.

I'll tell you what: You answer all the questions you've been ignoring until now, and I'll re-answer any of the questions you care to repeat. As a bonus, I won't report you for trolling. This is getting absurd. You say this is all about you wanting to know how AMē is sustainable, but I answered that two pages ago, in my first reply to you.

Blue6
03-17-2011, 04:56 AM
here you go http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Top-UConn-donor-wants-his-money-and-his-name-b?urn=ncaaf-312136

That article doesn't support your argument. The donor merely made a threat. Nothing is mentioned about whether or not his threats actually affected the decisions about the team.

Aside from your poor grammar and punctuation and poor arguments, why do you keep accusing people of doing things like changing the subject or dodging questions? It's one thing to argue and try to reason with someone I disagree with, but it's pretty much impossible to reason with you.

LelouchYamazaki
03-20-2011, 10:10 PM
It's normal for Sponsors to want the best for them, but thats when you have one main sponsor. The one you linked to shows a completely different reason for this especially since the schools team is mainly supported by the sponsor for a team sport.

AM2 had already discussed its plans and goals to the sponsors which is why they had agreed, and they are gaining something from it themselves, so while they can talk and make suggestions doesn't mean they run the con.

ElCapitan
03-21-2011, 07:15 PM
After checking with him, I'm reposting part of this discussion Jr and I continued via PM.

My issues are in the fact that i don't believe you can really sustain a con the way your doing it I mean think about it why haven't any other cons done this there must be a reason. I mean you can run projections all you want but in the end it comes down to the reality that Am2 will most likely be spending a lot more money then it will be bringing in and will either have to change to charge everyone or become more dependent on sponsors for money. See you guys are mistaking my postings as trolling but they are more about you should really seriously be prepared and let people know the free option might not always be there.

Why are you so convinced that this business model can't suceed? Do you have much experience in running conventions? From several of the things you said in the thread, I get the impression that you don't.

We've got more of the upper management from 2009 AX than there is left at AX today. Between all of us, there's over a century of convention experience sitting down and planning this out. Do you honestly believe we'd all be here if we didn't think it was viable?

I'm not trying to pull some juvenile epeen BS here, just making that point that many many very experienced people are working to make this happen. What secret knowledge makes you so sure that the idea is impossible to achieve, when all these other people who know the business obviously disagree?

See nothing is impossible but in business you can get the outcome you want on paper but if it's going to happen that way is another story. What i do have experience in is how people are even you yourself might understand this, why pay when you can get most of the same stuff your con offers for free and I am sure you know the average person that goes to anime cons see free or pay with not much difference between the two options 90% of them are going to choose free because they would rather save that money for food and or buying stuff from the dealers hall.

The thing you have have to keep in mind here is this isn't a case of "not much difference". We've packed in a lot of value there. As people have pointed out before, you can buy one, attend all three days at con and enjoy the perks there, then go to Disneyland on Monday. The money you save on admission to Disney is already more than the cost of the passport itself. Have you looked at the benefits page? It's a pretty long list.

Also, you mentioned saving money for food/exhibits... The passport gives you discounts on food at a bunch of restaurants and with some exhibitors. If you get the three day passport, you also some Summer Festival tokens. To my understanding, you can exchange those for food as well (not positive about that last bit though, still don't have all the details).

LelouchYamazaki
03-21-2011, 11:25 PM
it just someone who believes they know the business scenario without all the information, with the right leadership skills and ideas its possible and we will see at the end of AM2, the ability to choose the passport or not and it wont affect any of the con is a plus and from what I see is Jr saying people will go for the saved money which will go into other things in the con or outside, AM2 is doing something for the city of anaheim and local shops as well so hmm sounds like more reason for anaheim to like am2 as well.

Phanari
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm in agreement with LelouchYamazaki here.

AM2 came out, I hear, for the soul purpose of TRYING to one up AX after the way that all the vendors, staff, and (I think) cosplayers were treated last year at AX in LA con center.

This is what I heard from a friend of mine who works as a vendor at cons. I'm not entirely sure if it's true, but the source is pretty sound....

Ans AM2, to me, seems like a good idea. They have a con with free badges in another state called Momocon(??) and I have friends online who go there and they wait every year to go, so I figured I'd do this year's AM2- and not just because I hate AX, but because AM2 is new and interesting to me. Never been to this one, and it's free, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Access
03-23-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2010-12-03

A while back there was a voice interview by Chase Wang posted on ANN where the origins of AM2 are explained in some detail.

LelouchYamazaki
03-23-2011, 09:30 PM
There will be people who will just go, ill stick to whats been known better which is AX and that is normal, nothing wrong with that no matter what AX has done you want to see it get better.

AM2 itself is an unknown convention so people will be thinking because its smaller and nothing has really been announced as guests it wont be able to compare to AX. I have talked to some of my anime club members they only think about AX so im not surprised cause they don't do any research, so plenty of people will be that way.