PDA

View Full Version : Link costume, seeking sheath crafting help.

Ezatoa
02-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Im making a Link costume, but Im stuck at this right here.
I need to make a sheath for the Master Sword, but my Master sword is a larp version, meaning its made out of latex. Now, I dont want the latex to get damaged, so I need to find a matirial thats unlike wood, paper or metal.

Any tips or help would be great.

heaven_firings
02-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Well I'm not to familiar with LARP equipment but if foam won't damage it I would think you could make it out of those sturdy materials as long as the inside was lined with something safe/soft.

But like I said not familiar so I could be way off, let's see what others say.

BreannaAiedail
02-26-2011, 05:26 PM
I also am unsure about the material you are using, but for my sheath I used matboard. Look it up. If you are worried about the sword, you can also glue fabric or felt inside the sheath to make sure it doesn't get hurt. Hope it helps!

Ezatoa
02-27-2011, 02:45 AM
I can't find what the translation to matboard is in Dutch.. So I don't know what material that is.

BreannaAiedail
02-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Here is a picture http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=safari&q=mat%20board
It is used in framing a lot. It's like really thick cardboard that doesn't bend alot. You could probably just use cardboard though, depending on how sturdy you want it to be

puddle_jumper
03-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I made one out of leather. It was a prototype as far as the decorations go, but it holds up pretty well.