PDA

View Full Version : MidnightKitten's Guide to Decora ♪

MidnightKitten
02-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Before reading, please take in mind that this is just something I made to help newcomers get familiar with the Decora fashion, and if they dare ever try it, they'll have this to help them. This is not me telling you what to do, this is just for fun, everyone is allowed to do Decora however they wish. If this does help you however, I'm glad. Good luck :)

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff478/LillyHRTAke/decoragif.gif
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Loads of pink:
The main color source of Decora is pink. Although you will find shades of red, black, white and magenta as well.

Layers of clothes:
Layers is the perfect way to finish off any Decora look. An oversized hoody, over a loose fitted shirt, and layered skirt is the way to go! You can mix it up with baggy short pants too!

Tons of hair accesory:
Clips, bows, headbands, sparkley stick-on gems, anything you can think of will work. Even tiaras! Remember, this is the part where people will be paying the most attention, so don't skimp!

Tons of bracelets/necklaces:
You can't be proper Decora, without a well sized collection of bracelets and necklaces. And no, we're not talking real gold and silver stuff, we're talking plastic! Plastic pearls, small and large are where it's at. Pink, blue, purple, red, yellow, green, and even black will work! Along with similar necklaces, both long and short in length too. Don't forget giant kawaii inspired rings as well.

Purses/bags:
At least one, large carry-style bag, OR over the shoulder styled bag is needed for proper Decora. Make sure the prints on the purses are Decora/kawaii inspired. For example, they should be kawaii inspired, and/or with musical notes, stars, or polkadotts. If not, Hello Kitty, Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, Spongebob, Mini/Mickey Mouse, My Little Pony, Winne the Pooh and The Aristocats are reoccurring faces on purses and bags seen in the Decora fashion.

Princess wands:
This part is self explainable, so I'll skip.

Decorated doctors mask:
This item is optional, however if you do decide to use it, make sure it's a mask with stretchy strings and cloth to it, and not a woodcarvers kinda mask. When decorating it, use pait, stickers, jems, and be sure to add japanese characters, american numbers, and symbols. Have fun!

Tutus:
Either a pastel or hot pink tutu is mandatory for Decora. Ballerina styled tutu's are great if you can't find anything else. Make sure they're sheer enough, and are in the pink tone.

Layers of stockings:
No Decora girl is seen with less then 2 pairs of stockings on. The more the better. Stripes, polkadott pattern, lacey trims with bows, these are the kinds that work best. Be careful not to incorporate too much rainbow color in your leg wear, this sends the classic Decora look out the window. o_o Instead, stick with the pink, black, white, and red shades. Also, hot pink leggings could be used for winter Decora as well.

Boots/hi-tops-slippers:
In a lot of Decora you see different types of footwear. Sometimes you'll see fruit inspired giant fuzzy slippers, Converese hi-tops, or white knee length boots with black buckles. Get your Decora down correctly, and figure out which footwear is right for you. For a more punky styled Decora, ( piercings, dark colors ) go with boots/hi-tops, for a more FRUiTS style Decora, use slippers. For traditional Decora, both hi-tops and boots will work.

Pins:
Pins work amazing with any style of Decora, have fun with these because any kind works! Even neon colored!

Frilly skirts:
The skirt is one of the most important items in your Decora collection. You must make sure it is correct and fitting to the Decora style. You cannot pass a plain skirt off as Decora. If you can't find a pink bell skirt, with piano keys and musical notes, or a skirt with polkadotts on it, make your own! Buy a pink bell skirt, and decorate it with bows, iron ons, and tulle! If you're not a skirt kinda girl, use red/pink baggy short pants with polkadotts on them, with leggings underneath.

Keychains/toys/stuffed animals:
Here's the fun part, to finish off Decora decorate yourself with brand keychains. Well known characters such as Hello Kitty, Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, Spongebob, Mini/Mickey Mouse, My Little Pony, Winne the Pooh and The Aristocats should be incorporated somehow with keychains. If you have a doll or toy of the characters I've mentioned, great! Stick them in your bag and make sure they're popping out enough so they can be seen. Attach some to a necklace using glue, or make a bracelet out of one.

Well, that's the end. I hope this helps. Private message me if you have any questions :3

Kaoru133
02-26-2011, 07:59 PM
My site lolliedolly.com is Decora inspired. I'll be adding clothing such as tutus and skirts very soon 8D

Abortionater
03-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Interesting guide though for each tiny thing you might want to add a photo example of the garment.

Also i think a small section on deco, especially sweets deco. Sweets deco is really in.