PDA

View Full Version : Locations in South Florida/Miami area?

bakaneko14
03-02-2011, 09:36 PM
The title says it all. Looking for good area to cosplay Pokemon and Fairy Tail. Include pics if possible. Thanks!

Reily96
03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Hah, hello thar fellow Miamian. XD Anyways, a few months back when I was making my Black Mage costume, my parents and I took my young niece to Merri Christmas Park (I think that's how it's spelled >.> ). It might be Mary, or something like that, I just know it isn't actually "merry." The point is, it's not a huge park, but it's an extremely scenic place if you're looking for something in a "natural" setting. It's located somewhere near Coral Gables or by South Dixie Highway... Maybe even somewhere in between.

Oh, and Fairchild Botanical Gardens. That place is a huge, and it's a botanical garden that even has a few bamboo groves. But there's lots of great places to take pictures, though unlike Merri Christmas, it's not free to get in. In fact, it's $35 per person. >.> It's located in the Coral Gables area.

In general, Coral Gables has lots of scenic places. You can look around and easily find a place to take a few pictures. ^^

If you're willing to make a drive, though, the Morikami Japanese Gardens & Museum are an amazing place to visit. It's in Palm Beach County in Delray Beach, but the place is just so amazing. I've actually been a part of a photoshoot there before. If you're a student/child (for them 6-17) it's like $7 for admission, adults are $12. And more than that, they LOVE cosplayers. XD They also celebrate Japanese festivals and have events and all sorts of neat things.

bakaneko14
03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Oh Im going to the Hatsume Festival at Morikami! I know exaacty where it is! The other places sound wonderful too.

Reily96
03-03-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm planning to go but I don't know if I'll actually make it. If I do, I plan to enter the costume contest. I don't know which costume to enter, though. Kagome or my black mage? The only thing holding me back from Kagome is the short skirt... Ah, I hope I get to go. This would be my first time going and I'm rather excited. ^^

As a side note, I also know another place around... I forgot what it's called or where it actually is, but I know they do lots of quinceniera pictures there and they did Renaissance fairs there (they still might). It's been so long. I have to ask my dad about that, he'd know more. ^^;