PDA

View Full Version : Yu-gi-oh Cosplayers

kenhidaka
10-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Who's going from Yu-gi-oh to AN 04?

I'm bringing back Joey from AN 03 and making a robe so I can be Marik as well. (gonna hate making the rod)

Mekou
10-26-2003, 11:29 AM
*jumps around* I'll be having a Duel Monsters group there! (includes Magician of Faith, Change of Heart, Chibi Dark Magician, Chibi DMG and Unhappy Maiden)

I possibly will bring Rex Raptor for Friday or Sunday. >.>

kenhidaka
10-30-2003, 12:21 AM
That is great to hear but they're has to be more than just my group and Meko's group going as Yu-gi-oh chars for An'04. ANY COSPLAYERS FOR YU-GI-OH OUT THERE?

kaiba
11-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Oi, friends and I are doing a substantially sized group on the Friday night.

Kohana
11-22-2003, 10:18 PM
i might be doing my female version of Kaiba battle city version this time... but i'm not sure

nyamiko_chan
11-22-2003, 10:57 PM
OH!! ME ME ME!! As Yami no Yugi ^_~ and possibly Mystical Elf or Dark Elf.
If I can figure out a way to turn blue like a smurf w/o holding my breath Mystical elf will be made XD LOL

Kia
11-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Nyami- for the whole blue thing use stage makeup. I'm sure you can find it around somewhere, but from what I've seen it works really well if you want to be another colour. I helped Dawn's friend turn blue for World Con. It was fun. ^_^

Mekou
11-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Shizuka is absolute since I just finished making the whole outfit. >_>;; It's surprising what you can make out of sheer boredom isn't it? ^^

>_> Preist Seto is now on my list too since I want his hat! =O But he's not definate. I'll probably lose interest in making it soon. ^^

It looks I'm making all Yu-Gi-Oh costumes for AN. ^^ Go me XD

smurfness!!! *pokes Nyami* =D

kenhidaka
11-25-2003, 08:32 PM
*phew* sigh of relief here. Thought me and a few people I know are only going but I'm glad there are more. If we get enough, we should plan a cosplay photoshoot. BTW I got the duel disk from America. Three words: Too much hype.

KaibaMan875
12-15-2003, 02:46 AM
Hey I am willing to join you guys in dressing at the convention I just happen to need a pattern (I am not good at creating them :lost: ) If anybody could send me a pattern it would be appreciated and i will size it to me. I am able to sew, and if the information is needed I am a guy. If you have any suggestions e-mail me at tatu875@yahoo.com

Kohana
12-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Hey I am willing to join you guys in dressing at the convention I just happen to need a pattern (I am not good at creating them :lost: ) If anybody could send me a pattern it would be appreciated and i will size it to me. I am able to sew, and if the information is needed I am a guy. If you have any suggestions e-mail me at tatu875@yahoo.com

Well which character/monster did u want to go as???

Kakei_Jubei
12-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Hiyas! If you guys need a Bakura or any other character(except Tea, Mai and Honda) then just e-mail me @ evil_serpent13@hotmail.com! ;)

kenhidaka
12-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Hey that's good the more the merrier. I've emailed you the list so far on who's might be going so you know but dress up as whoever. We're just doing the walking around and letting people take group shots of us that's it. BTW also in the Fruits Basket cosplay you also joined in on so I'll see you there either way. (going as Shigure)

Mekou
12-29-2003, 01:26 AM
With Pan-chan roaming around the con you can be sure that she'll gather all the Yu-Gi-oh cosplayers for a massive photoshoot much like she did at CNAnime. <<;;

Don't worry....I'll bring the rubber plants for us to hide behind. X) *rushes off the buy rubber plants*

Kakei_Jubei
12-29-2003, 10:24 AM
^^;;;; Thankies! Oh, I replied to your e-mail, so look out for it! ^^

Kitsune_Youkai
12-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey!! I'll Join!! I've got a kick ass Yugi costume (Manga Yugi) I'm going to copy Dark Yugi's Ahnk things on his arms (Cufflings!!) I'm also about the right age to be Yugi! not 3000 year old Yami Yugi though lol!! ^_^ ((I am Kakei_Jubei's friend - she was talking about me! ;)))

-sIGN ME UP!!!

kenhidaka
12-31-2003, 12:05 AM
Hey!! I'll Join!! I've got a kick ass Yugi costume (Manga Yugi) I'm going to copy Dark Yugi's Ahnk things on his arms (Cufflings!!) I'm also about the right age to be Yugi! not 3000 year old Yami Yugi though lol!! ^_^ ((I am Kakei_Jubei's friend - she was talking about me! ;)))

-sIGN ME UP!!!

LOL! Well that's great. We got another Yugi but the more the merrier. It's only gonna be a cosplay shoot since half the group isn't willing to do a masquerade unless we can find more Yu-gi-oh cosplayers. But just ask Jubei for my e-mail and add me on MSN so we can talk more. 9BTW any Yu-gi-oh cosplayers interested in joining just post)

Kitsune_Youkai
01-02-2004, 07:15 PM
One more thing!! I've got a sweet Masquerade skit in the makes and I'll share if you promise not to steal it!!

kenhidaka
01-02-2004, 08:11 PM
One more thing!! I've got a sweet Masquerade skit in the makes and I'll share if you promise not to steal it!!

Trust me I wouldn't want to steal your skit. I would give you full credit for it. Just e-mail me the skit or MSN me and we'll discuss it k?

Mekou
01-03-2004, 04:20 AM
Speaking of skit ideas, the ones I create involving YGO characters always seem to be the most insane. << *cough* Yeah don't ask. >=3 They always involve glove slapping for some reason....*flies off*

Kitsune_Youkai
01-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Cool!! We should try it out once we've got more people!! BTW My Skit involves using magnets to make my Millenium Puzzle float in my hands!!

Kakei_Jubei
01-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Cool!! We should try it out once we've got more people!! BTW My Skit involves using magnets to make my Millenium Puzzle float in my hands!!
Ya! You told be about that! It's kewlies!!! ^-^

P.S. I've been trying to digure this out... but what does B.T.W mean? Cause I rarely join forums... ((this is my 4th forum[cosplay.com] that I've joined...))

Mekou
01-07-2004, 09:36 PM
B.t.w means by the way ^_^

Don't worry, there are still some interslang terms even I don't know. ^^;;

I dunno if I emntioned it here yet, but Tomb Robber Bakura isnow on my official cosplay plan list. =)

Kakei_Jubei
01-08-2004, 03:35 PM
okidays! Thankies, but I'm gonna do Mokuba instead cause I've got's the hair.... but my hair LOVES gravity, so I have to make it all poofy... -___- any tips?

Mekou
01-08-2004, 05:31 PM
To get the right effect your hair should be at least a little thick. ^^ You can use gel to spike it a little and if you want to be anal you can cut your hair a little so you can spike it accurately. ^_^

Or if your prefer, you can try finding an extra thick wig to mess around with. ^_~

Speaking of wigs, anyone know where I can get a shoulder length white or light grey wig? <.< *needs one for Bakura* ^^;

Kakei_Jubei
01-08-2004, 08:25 PM
To get the right effect your hair should be at least a little thick. ^^ You can use gel to spike it a little and if you want to be anal you can cut your hair a little so you can spike it accurately. ^_^

Or if your prefer, you can try finding an extra thick wig to mess around with. ^_~

Speaking of wigs, anyone know where I can get a shoulder length white or light grey wig? <.< *needs one for Bakura* ^^;
Oh!! Well, I have((well... gonna buy)) a wig that is white and it's shoulder length, cause I'm gunna use it for my Blindfolded Unkown Riku costume that I am gonna wear for the Pandemonium and at the Toronto Anime CON... so, I can lend it to you at the end of the TAC before I leave so u can use it for your costume! It might be a tad messy cause I will wear it for 2 cons, so ya... An then, at the End of Anime North, u can give it back to me! ^^ At least I hope that you'll give it back!! ^^;;;;;

P.S. Thankies for the tip!! ^^ But... I'll stick to the geling...

Mekou
01-08-2004, 08:31 PM
That's very kind of you. =) ^__^ But no thanks. <.< I need to practice some wig making skills and stuff and I'd probably love the wig too much and want to keep it. >=3

However, if I can't find a wig at all then I'll take your offer. =D

Kakei_Jubei
01-08-2004, 08:39 PM
That's very kind of you. =) ^__^ But no thanks. <.< I need to practice some wig making skills and stuff and I'd probably love the wig too much and want to keep it. >=3

However, if I can't find a wig at all then I'll take your offer. =D
Okidays! ^^ Well, I'm gunna get my wig from my 'local' mall, which a very craptacular one... It's Morningside Mall, and if u live around there... then, one, yay! and two, u can get the wig! ^^

P.S. I SAW YOU AT THE ANIMECON IN NOVEMBER!!!!! :o!! I was the character with the pitifuly, messed up blue wig... T-T I was wearing a purple costume and I was with a group of guys that were... at least 5+ years older and bigger than me... >.> you're getting the wrong idea aren't you.... -___- weeelllllll.... one of them is my moms employee, and the rest are his friends and I'll just shut up now.... -__________________________________-

Mekou
01-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Ooooh you saw me at TAC? Yay! It's nice to recognized. ^__^ It's been a while and I don't really remember anyone from the con cept people I was hanging with (and other people I know semi-personally lol). o.o

Um...I haven't ever heard of that mall. o.o So obviously I don't live anywhere near there. XD lol

nyamiko_chan
01-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey guys ^_^ I haven't posted in awhile ^~^; I might still be able to make Mystical Elf ^_^..but I need to prioritize -o-;; lol I wanna be all smurfy blue <3 lol!!

so far I'm tentative on cosplaying Mystical Elf ^O^;

btw? when would the photoshoot be *~*? Friday ^_^?

Kakei_Jubei
01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey guys ^_^ I haven't posted in awhile ^~^; I might still be able to make Mystical Elf ^_^..but I need to prioritize -o-;; lol I wanna be all smurfy blue <3 lol!!

so far I'm tentative on cosplaying Mystical Elf ^O^;

btw? when would the photoshoot be *~*? Friday ^_^?
Well, I'm not exactly sure if I can go on Friday, but... with a good amount of good deeds might help! ^^;;;;; So, I may be going.... -____-

Mekou
01-09-2004, 03:40 PM
<offtopic> =O OMG! You used that pic for your avieee? XD How cute! *poki poki* XD Arf! </offtopic>

Wheee smurfness! =3 *pat pat pat* Don't stress yourself with all these plans, dear. ^_^; *poki* Hm...why Don't you be someone from the AE arc wif meh! Like one of The pharaoh's priests. (I almost put his real name. ^^ but I didnt wanna spoil nothing. o.o; )

Kakei_Jubei
01-09-2004, 08:24 PM
<offtopic> =O OMG! You used that pic for your avieee? XD How cute! *poki poki* XD Arf! </offtopic>

Wheee smurfness! =3 *pat pat pat* Don't stress yourself with all these plans, dear. ^_^; *poki* Hm...why Don't you be someone from the AE arc wif meh! Like one of The pharaoh's priests. (I almost put his real name. ^^ but I didnt wanna spoil nothing. o.o; )
huh? ok... me confused... but... THAT'S OKIDAYS!! ^-^ But, me gunna cosplay as Mokuba... but me need poofy hair and stuff, so ya.

Kitsune_Youkai
01-16-2004, 07:54 PM
BTW What days are Anime North on anyways??

Kakei_Jubei
01-16-2004, 10:44 PM
BTW What days are Anime North on anyways??
Well, you can go to www.animenorth.com and find the location and date and prices etc. but, it's on May 21-23 (Victoria Day weekend) at the Toronto Congress Center, 650 Dixon Road. So yay!! ^^

Bonk
01-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Given that I can manage to go to AnimeNorth again this year, I'm going to be cosplaying (Uber-Ghetto!)Jou, like I did at CN Anime x3.

But that's only if I can. Five hours to and back from Canada isn't good for my grumpy ole' daddy.

Especially when he has two fangirls in the car squealing over the Con. But I must get to AnimeNorth with all this Yu-Gi-Oh group buzz. So I'll hitch hike if I have to, and drag along my friend X3.

Kakei_Jubei
01-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Given that I can manage to go to AnimeNorth again this year, I'm going to be cosplaying (Uber-Ghetto!)Jou, like I did at CN Anime x3.

But that's only if I can. Five hours to and back from Canada isn't good for my grumpy ole' daddy.

Especially when he has two fangirls in the car squealing over the Con. But I must get to AnimeNorth with all this Yu-Gi-Oh group buzz. So I'll hitch hike if I have to, and drag along my friend X3.
Lol! ^^ Well DMG... I know how you feel... sadly... T-T At all the cons I went to((which is only two! hehehe... :P)), I I had fangirls wanting hugs and photos... O_o
*off topic*OMG!! Yay! You're 13 too!! yAy!!! Kitsune_Youkai!! LOOKIES!!*points to DMG* She's 13 too!! Yay!!! ~\(^0^)/~ ...*sorry... everyone I know is at least 2 years older than me... 'cept Kitsune_youkai... hehehe...

BTW, can I add u to my msn?

Bonk
01-19-2004, 06:02 PM
-Offtopic- Omfg! You're 13 too? Yay~! xD. Everyone I know's older than me, too vv;. I get embarressed easily at Cons xD.Especially because I'm so short, so I feel even younger. And sure, you can add me to MSN ^^;. -/Offtopic-

I've gone to...five? cons, though cosplayed Jou only once ^^;. Within about an hour of having walked in, I got taken picture'd by about four people(one was cosplaying Kaiba XD). Throughout the rest of the day I got random pictures taken too, and glomped twice(by the same person.), and one person asked me about Puppyshipping XD. It was fun, 'specially because when I'm not shy, I hog the attention. And because my past cosplays were obscure characters(Okay. So Chibi Luffy was a hit at the cons in Ohio, but that was because there's a One Piece group too. But Kouichi has yet to get recognized. By someone -other- than a Kouichi cosplayer, of course. -Recalls AN-).

Oh. And since I must OT atleast twice-per-post. Getbackers rocks!

nyamiko_chan
01-19-2004, 07:05 PM
AE Arc huh ^^?? I'll PM you abouts that ^^;;

Yes, I think I will do a YGO cosplay ^_^ I was Tristan Taylor at CNAnime 2003 ^_^;; (everyone wanted to poke mah hair XD rofl!! )

I think one day I'll re-cosplay him ^^Vm

Kakei_Jubei
01-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Yay!!! Another person who likes Getbckers!! o^.^o And then another Yay!! For Nyamiko-chan! Hoorah!!!!

Mekou
01-19-2004, 10:51 PM
DMG>> I hope you can make it! *__* I want to glomp you in your cute Jou form. ^o^ there's many-a ygo photoshoots happening over the weekend. o.O It's gonna be sooo much fun! =3

nyamiko_chan
01-20-2004, 12:52 PM
lol Jubei X3

Yah ^^ I think I'll be at TAC with priest Mahaabo (sp??) ^^;; sorry if I spelt it wrong ..I'm at school posting so no favorite links X_x;

I think I'll be sticking to just cosplays of vid.game/manga/anime characters cuz that more like cosplay to me =D

So I get to make the Millenium Ring =O yay~ness ^O^Vm

Kakei_Jubei
01-20-2004, 04:45 PM
lol Jubei X3

Yah ^^ I think I'll be at TAC with priest Mahaabo (sp??) ^^;; sorry if I spelt it wrong ..I'm at school posting so no favorite links X_x;

I think I'll be sticking to just cosplays of vid.game/manga/anime characters cuz that more like cosplay to me =D

So I get to make the Millenium Ring =O yay~ness ^O^Vm
Kewlies... But... who is Priest Mahaabo?? :s But, I hope to see you at TAC...*so me can glomp you...* I mean... umm... err... so I can MEET you! ya... thats it.... -________-;;;

Mekou
01-20-2004, 05:02 PM
*Mahaado ^^;;

Mahaado is one of the priests who served the Pharaoh. =) He was ordered by the Pharaoh to protect father's tomb from the Thief Bakura (me! XD). I won't spoil stuff by saying any more. ^_~ Unless your really wanna know.

Kakei_Jubei
01-20-2004, 05:31 PM
*Mahaado ^^;;

Mahaado is one of the priests who served the Pharaoh. =) He was ordered by the Pharaoh to protect father's tomb from the Thief Bakura (me! XD). I won't spoil stuff by saying any more. ^_~ Unless your really wanna know.
aww.... T-T But, I have an idea of who he is now.. I think...? Is he that guy with the turban? :S

nyamiko_chan
01-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Nopes that's Shadah >.> don't tell me I spelt that wrong again too X_x;; lol

Kakei_Jubei
01-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Nopes that's Shadah >.> don't tell me I spelt that wrong again too X_x;; lol
awwwwww..... that sucks... T-T I could search on google... but I'mma gunna wait! ^-^

kenhidaka
01-25-2004, 12:38 AM
Well DMG It's great to hear you're willing to hitchhike you're way up here to tag along with our group. Kudos to you. I'm not gonna explain how I got my mum into this. Uber Ghetto Jou huh? What's that like? Either it's a new design I never heard of or I must of missed/forgot the episodes where he wore it (linking a pic would be nice if it is option #2)