PDA

View Full Version : TV shows you want back

Cadmium Polyphony
03-04-2011, 01:06 AM
With the success of Family Guy and Futurama's resurrection, what other shows do you think deserve another shot?

For the sake of this thread, I suppose we should omit resurrected failures (Ren and Stimpy comes to mind, in the most painful manner)

~H~
03-04-2011, 01:10 AM
BUFFY!!! I miss Buffy.

ashelia89
03-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Ahh real monsters,Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold come to mind when I think of animations that I want back

Dinosaurs *we're already watching those*,Beyond Belief and Are you afraid of the dark ? are also pretty awesome :)

Cadmium Polyphony
03-04-2011, 01:18 AM
BUFFY!!! I miss Buffy.

Buffy has lived on really well in comic format.

In many ways, better than it ever could on the tele.

Neko Minaue
03-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Ahh real monsters,Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold come to mind when I think of animations that I want back

Dinosaurs *we're already watching those*,Beyond Belief and Are you afraid of the dark ? are also pretty awesome :)

Definitely would love to see Hey Arnold to make a comeback and to have the movies of him searching for his lost parents. That would've been epic.

LeekFish
03-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Buffy! 8D

And I don't care what anyone says, The Powerpuff Girls was one of my favorite cartoons ever. Oh, and Catdog. Hell, the majority of the older/olderish, GOOD cartoons need to be brought back. Just sayin'.

fabrickind
03-04-2011, 01:53 AM
They need to finish Pushing Daisies.

And not in comic form. In TV form.

Other than that... good Twilight Zone remakes are too much to ask for, so more Courage the Cowardly Dog, maybe? I'd be happy with that.

kiratsukai
03-04-2011, 01:57 AM
The television is lonely without Star Trek.

Eau de Decus
03-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Firefly!

That is all...Fuck you Fox...

~H~
03-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Buffy has lived on really well in comic format.

In many ways, better than it ever could on the tele.

I don't care. I still miss it ^_^;;.

I also miss the new Battlestar Galactica. EPIC!!!

The television is lonely without Star Trek.

I concur.

daylight
03-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Legend of the Seeker.

great show, sucks they canceled it :{
it had a bad time slot in the first place I would have really loved another season

My Name Is Earl.
im so mad I didnt get to find out what happened. its like one of the best shows ever!!!!!

King Of The Hill.
I grew up watching that show, and although I may not have appreciated it when I was younger, I absolutely loved it by the time I was a teenager, there's nothing like it

also, ZIMMMMMMM!!!!!!
but thats sort of a different story, since it didn't exactly get canceled

Cadmium Polyphony
03-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Legend of the Seeker.

great show, sucks they canceled it :{

That was one of those shows I watched because of how cheesy it was, and before I knew it I was hooked.

And pissed when it got the ax.

Even my mother liked the show.

Good thing I've read most of the source material.

MissFelis
03-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Firefly and Carnivale. At least Firefly had a tie-in movie, even if it wasn't as satisfying as a second season would have been. Carnivale ended on a cliff-hanger.

bloodypirate
03-04-2011, 02:51 AM
Firefly! Also, Samurai Jack. I think the show just ended without Jack ever making back to his own time.

x-Steffi-x
03-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Anything and everything from Fox Kids (Damn I want the whole channel back), Sailor Moon (only a matter of time English speaking countries get it back anyway).
Things like Digimon, the OLD Pokemon, Hamtaro, Shin Chan, etc... Cartoon Network has gotten shit over the years, especially when they got rid of Toonami, I loved Space Ghost: Coast to Coast xD, Dexter's, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, urgh, I miss the 90s.
And others. I know you can watch most of these shows online but it's not as exciting as when it's on TV..

Oh, oh, and non-cartoon wise, I wand Bad Girls to come on, epic drama :P

Cadmium Polyphony
03-04-2011, 03:31 AM
I want to see Crossballs come back, just so they can air the episode with James March.

Eurobeat King
03-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Shows that I want to see continued/completed are:

Boomtown

Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Brsis
03-04-2011, 04:05 AM
YES to Firefly and Star Trek. I'm almost sat here hopping around going JUST GIVE THE BBC THE MONEY, WE BRING SCI-FI BACK AND IT BECOMES ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR SHOWS ON TELEVISION.

~H~
03-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Another one I miss (and would like to see completed) is the UK's 'Coupling'. The one with the original British actors, not the American adaptation.

Aearon
03-04-2011, 05:08 AM
Hmmm... So many to choose from...
There was a Sci-Fi series that showed clips of animated shorts people created, but I can't remember the name of it.
The Invisible Man was another good sci-fi show I liked.
Heroes
O.oa Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Honestcat
03-04-2011, 09:49 AM

This. I need more Pushing Daisies in my life. That show was my favorite.

Other than that, I was starting to dig Legend of the Seeker when they decided to cancel it. Also, Arrested Development. I think it ended it's life fantastically. But I wouldn't mind a bit more of it. And I recently watched Kitchen Confidential and Freaks and Geeks and thought they were fabulous and that I would love to see them back on TV.

pltshp
03-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Kenan & Kel.

Yukikittie
03-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Bridezillas.
BRING IT BACK.

A.F.S. 1984
03-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Kung Fu: the legend continues was cool. Although I guess it is kind of tainted with the demise of David Carradine.

penny_dreadful
03-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Aside from several that have already been mentioned, my pick is Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165588/). DON' JUDGE.

Pocketfightr
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Thirding Pushing Daisies, that show was so whimsical and I loved the writing for it. It was a big spot of happy during a depressing time for me. The few people I introduced it to enjoyed the heck out of it.

Eurobeat King
03-04-2011, 01:51 PM
One show I wish they continued/finished was The Nine about the 9 people who were held hostage in a bank, managed to get-out, and the aftermath.

Codename Otacon
03-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Rugrats

glitter bomb
03-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Firefly
Better Off Ted
Dollhouse
Arrested Development
The Tick
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Caprica
Warehouse 13 (just bring it back already)
Flash Forward (I really liked the Janice character)
Spaced (too late now coz the time passed, but I would've loved a 3rd or 4th season)

oh, and Cowboy Bebop (minus the Julia plotline, because the writing was the best when they weren't doing an arc)

Brsis
03-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Another one I miss (and would like to see completed) is the UK's 'Coupling'. The one with the original British actors, not the American adaptation.

... they remade Coupling too? IS NOTHING SACRED?

But yes, I wish they would bring it back! I need more Jeff in my life!

Also; I like the series that there are - and I loved the anniversary episode! - but I don't think there's such a thing as too much Red Dwarf in a person's life. There just isn't. A bit more wouldn't hurt...

glitter bomb
03-04-2011, 03:21 PM
.I don't think there's such a thing as too much Red Dwarf in a person's life. There just isn't. A bit more wouldn't hurt...
I agree. :D I hear there is a new movie or set of episodes coming out.

penny_dreadful
03-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Firefly
Better Off Ted
Dollhouse
Arrested Development
The Tick
Caprica
Spaced (too late now coz the time passed, but I would've loved a 3rd or 4th season)

oh, and Cowboy Bebop (minus the Julia plotline, because the writing was the best when they weren't doing an arc)

OH LAWDY THE TICK. Not the live-action because there was a damn good reason it only lasted, like, two episodes. But Cartoon Tick deserves to live again.

Cowboy Bebop, like the Brit version of The Office, is one of those series where I think they ended it at exactly the right place. As much as I loved both those shows, sometimes I think it's better to give a great show at its peak the ending it deserves than keep it running into the ground until it's crap *cough*LOST*cough*.

Aearon
03-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Firefly
Better Off Ted
Dollhouse
Arrested Development
The Tick
Caprica

oh, and Cowboy Bebop (minus the Julia plotline, because the writing was the best when they weren't doing an arc)Firefly was a good series. Another season or two would have been nice.
Better Off Ted was pretty good.
They haven't cancelled Warehouse 13 as far as I know. It's just not showing b/c they only do 12-13 episodes per season of it so far.
FlashForward was getting fairly interesting when they cancelled it, but I wasn't entirely disappointed when it left the air either.

Cadmium Polyphony
03-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Firefly
Better Off Ted
Dollhouse
Arrested Development
The Tick
Caprica

I thought the bold title was 'Father Ted' at first glance.

I wouldnt mind a revival of Father Ted, but not if it meant an overseas revamp; it has to stay Irish. And considering Frank Kelly's age, it would probably be unethical to include him in a newer series; and replacing him would be just as unethical.

glitter bomb
03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I thought the bold title was 'Father Ted' at first glance.

I wouldnt mind a revival of Father Ted, but not if it meant an overseas revamp; it's gotta stay Irish. And considering Frank Kelly's age, it would probably be unethical to include him in a newer series; and replacing him would be just as unethical.
LOL. Maybe Father Ted could visit the Veridian Dynamics offices for Better Off Father Ted, the reboot. ;)

OH LAWDY THE TICK. Not the live-action because there was a damn good reason it only lasted, like, two episodes. But Cartoon Tick deserves to live again.

Cowboy Bebop, like the Brit version of The Office, is one of those series where I think they ended it at exactly the right place. As much as I loved both those shows, sometimes I think it's better to give a great show at its peak the ending it deserves than keep it running into the ground until it's crap *cough*LOST*cough*.
yes, the animated version, not the live-action. But I did love Bat Manuel from the live-action. I still giggle saying "Bat Manuel."

and I agree that at least Cowboy Bebop ended on a high note. I just want to see more! Their one-off episodes were so creative and entertaining. I was bored to tears with the Spike-Julia plotline because it seemed to stifle the writers, but all of the others were kick-ass, with unique stories and great animation.

KiraCosplayHai
03-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Sailor Moon
Digimon
the old Pokemon
Mimro Zibang
Zoids
Beyblade, the first series
and...

KYLE XY. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED IT.
i miss these shows....

ruthiesparkle
03-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Legend of the Seekerrrrrrrrrr ugh I loved that show so hard

And, um, Mew Mew Power. I wish they had finished that dub (yes, it wasn't the best, but I have fond sixth-grade memories of watching it on saturday mornings lol) or now that they would pick it up again. It's never ever going to happen, but I can dream.

Fabulousity
03-04-2011, 07:09 PM
I know most of these are little kid's shows, but I liked them!

Teen Titans, the Book of Pooh, Sailor Moon (re-dubbed please!), PB&J Otter, Madeline, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Goosebumps, Adventures in Wonderland, Bear in the Big Blue House, Rollie Pollie Olie, Stanley, The Little Mermaid series, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Aladdin series, 101 Dalmations series, Microscopic Milton...... Hi, I'm a five year old ^^;

doxiequeen1
03-04-2011, 07:12 PM

This.

celery
03-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Legends of the Hidden Temple on Nickelodeon. It rocked my world when I was little =D

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
03-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Firefly and Sherlock.
Sherlock does have more episodes planned, but they need to HURRY IT UP ALREADY.
They left off in a cliff hanger three episodes in, and that was in August... TwT

Volnixshin
03-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Two words each

SWAT Kats

Darkwing Duck

CountMetal
03-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Live Action
Wizards and Warriors (I saw one episode of an old 80s show and looks awesome. It only lasted for a few episodes.)
Super Force
Twin Peaks
American Gladiators
Macguyver
Kung Fu: The Legend Continues
MANTIS

Cartoons/Anime
Dungeons and Dragons
M.A.S.K
Cops(there was a cartoon about Cops which is way better than the Live Action Show)
Dragon Warrior(the only video game based cartoon I like)
X-Men
Spider-man
Ronin Warriors
Cow and Chicken
Dexter's Lab
Dilbert
Home Movies

DireKitty
03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Sailor Moon
Digimon
the old Pokemon
Mimro Zibang
Zoids
Beyblade, the first series
and...

KYLE XY. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED IT.
i miss these shows....

I MISS ZOIDS....

/cry

Celcia
03-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I miss Moonlight. They're really old shows, but I'd like it if they revived Princess Guinevere and the Jewel Riders, Princess Tenko, Double Dragon, and every single cartoon that was on the Disney Afternoon...

Neko Minaue
03-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Legends of the Hidden Temple on Nickelodeon. It rocked my world when I was little =D

I always wanted to participate in that show. Even though I would be a scaredy cat to run into the temple obstacles. And scared of the talking statue and the hidden people within it, then the skeletons your have to pull, the tombs, and the spider webs...god, for something that scared me a lot I really wanted to participate in.

toshirua3846384
03-05-2011, 02:21 AM
luckily i have boomerang so all the old cartoons such as dexter laboratory, yogi bear, flintstones, swat kats, powerpuff girls, MGM, tom and jerry, and other old favorites i can watch really anytime i want.

I still however want the following shows back on air

All that ( yes i miss amanda please, and that one guy that makes everything with chocolate)
keanen and kel
Hey Arnold
Cramp twins
Authur
Pippi Longstocking( shame on you people for forgetting her)
Looney toons ( Uncensored)
Daria ( not a new season though, i just want them to put it back on) its too incoherent on the LOGO channel.
Bettlejuice cartoon
tenchi muyo ( and with that said the original toonami )
Bevis and Butthead ( but im going to get that anyways because the creator is making new episodes; hope they attack lady gaga.)
Secret squirrel
Angry Beavers
Rocko's Modern life
The addams family cartoon
the proud family
Lilo and Stitch
|///|ヽ(゚Д゚*)ノ|///| is it too hard to ask for quality cartoons now and days

Fabulousity
03-05-2011, 02:26 AM
I always wanted to participate in that show. Even though I would be a scaredy cat to run into the temple obstacles. And scared of the talking statue and the hidden people within it, then the skeletons your have to pull, the tombs, and the spider webs...god, for something that scared me a lot I really wanted to participate in.

I always wished I could be in all of those Nikelodeon G.A.S shows lol

Oh! And to add to my list, Doug and the Wild Thornberrys. And Kim Possible.

~H~
03-05-2011, 03:05 AM
'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' is one that I miss from my childhood. Plus I thought that they ended it badly (very depressing and open-ended). It was heavy stuff for a kid's show, but I loved it!

Does anyone else remember the show? I always thought it would be awesome to see cosplay from it.

Brsis
03-05-2011, 05:16 AM
Firefly and Sherlock.
Sherlock does have more episodes planned, but they need to HURRY IT UP ALREADY.
They left off in a cliff hanger three episodes in, and that was in August... TwT

*pat pat* It's okay. I feel your pain.

((They start filming again later this month.))

mattyj
03-05-2011, 06:10 AM
I miss Megas XLR so funny shame it got cancelled

sam vimes
03-05-2011, 09:30 AM
The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. I always felt that the finale was horrible, and that they could have done at least two more seasons.

tifaia
03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Invasion America. Season finale was a cliff hanger that "needs" to be finished.
Ugly Betty. This is one of those where I wish they could erase the last 4-5 episodes, pretend they didn't happen and make another season.
Sealab 2021
Firefly
Rocko's Modern Life
Samurai Jack. Jack should at least make it home before the series ended.
Powerpuff Girls
Heroes, if they can find their first season flavor again.
Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends
Veronica Mars. That cancellation still makes no sense to me to this day.
FlashForward. Started out meh, but it had a lot of potential to become really strong.
Arrested Development
Freaks and Geeks

This is making me nostalgic. Time to break out the DVD's!

KiraCosplayHai
03-05-2011, 05:30 PM
TOTALLY SPIES.

'nuff said.

FunnyValentine
03-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Mission Hill!

Yazoo_the_Kazoo
03-05-2011, 05:46 PM
*pat pat* It's okay. I feel your pain.

((They start filming again later this month.))

Well, at least I'm not alone...

I forgot to mention, I want the Mighty Boosh back. I love that show, it did not run for long enough.

Miyabi-
03-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Firefly
Dollhouse
Heroes (for the love of pete at least make a damn movie to conclude it!)
The Others (massive bonus points if you remember this show)

And...I want more The X-Files. -_- I want more Mulder/Scully dammit.

sam vimes
03-05-2011, 07:24 PM
'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' is one that I miss from my childhood. Plus I thought that they ended it badly (very depressing and open-ended). It was heavy stuff for a kid's show, but I loved it!

Does anyone else remember the show? I always thought it would be awesome to see cosplay from it.

I loved that show! It's one of the first cartoons I remember watching.

Thanks to the season two finale, whenever I see any episode that features the main characters trying to escape a collapsing temple or an erupting volcano, I flashback to The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

lyraparry11
03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Avatar the last airbender and rocket power. Though I probably would watch rocket power much now, except for the nostalgia. And avatar is just awesome.

EgnirysFaye
03-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Definitely have to jump the bandwagon on Firefly.

- The Tudors. Gosh darnit, they should not have stopped at Henry VIII's death. I think it would have been interesting and original if they covered his kids too, with the rule of King Edward and Bloody Mary with Elizabeth in the middle of it all.

- Rosemary and Thyme. I want my awesome British garderners mystery solvers back :O

- Young Blades

- Ugly Betty

- Whose Line is it Anyway

- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

- Merlin (Not sure where it went to)

- Xena Warrior Princess lol ah, nostalgia

- Scariest places on Earth/Are you Afraid of the Dark

- I am starting to like Bob's Burgers, but was informed that the chance of the show surviving has been limited...

(Then there are a bunch of 'kids' shows, like Mummies Alive, Hey Arnold, Bill Nye the Science Guy and Wishbone that I loved when I was younger)

krys-chan
03-05-2011, 09:59 PM
BeyBlade
YuYuHakusho
Rocket Power
The Original Power Rangers (Who misses the classics? Really? :3)
Thunder Cats
Xena
Hercules

Not a show but: TOONAMI! I miss it :/

A.F.S. 1984
03-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Xena
Hercules

Those two shows to me are the epitome of the 90's. I did not hardly miss a single episode of either because they were awesome... back in the day...

Now when I watch them on youtube its like I have to try really hard not to laugh at how ridiculous they are. Bad acting, bad story lines and bad stunt/special effects.

What on earth was I on back in the day to find these shows good TV?

Kyomi
03-05-2011, 11:21 PM

They were filming around my school for the newest season a couple of weeks ago. I've never watched it, though.

Anyway, I'd kill to see "Tales of the Cryptkeeper" and "Courage the Cowardly Dog" on TV again.

krys-chan
03-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Those two shows to me are the epitome of the 90's. I did not hardly miss a single episode of either because they were awesome... back in the day...

Now when I watch them on youtube its like I have to try really hard not to laugh at how ridiculous they are. Bad acting, bad story lines and bad stunt/special effects.

What on earth was I on back in the day to find these shows good TV?

I have not seen them since they were on tv :/ Though I would enjoy seeing them again.

~H~
03-06-2011, 12:43 AM
I loved that show! It's one of the first cartoons I remember watching.

Thanks to the season two finale, whenever I see any episode that features the main characters trying to escape a collapsing temple or an erupting volcano, I flashback to The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

*High-5s* for being TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! ^_-

tifaia
03-06-2011, 12:44 AM
- Whose Line is it Anyway

As a Who's Line spin-off, practically, there's a new show called Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza airing on the Game Show Network either March 28th or April 3rd. GSN is giving both dates as the first airing. >.> But it's basically all of the Brittish and American Who's Line improv with the same group of the people. Can't wait for it!

Shana05
03-06-2011, 09:38 PM
This was a recent cancellation but The Gates. It was like True Blood but with witches and succubi added to the mix. Also it was on ABC so more people could keep up. I don't have HBO so I have to wait until the DVDs of True Blood come out to watch it by renting it from netflix.

Also South of Nowhere. The-N (now TeenNick) only cancelled it because they decided to go into a more comedy/reality show direction rather than drama. It was the second highest rated show on the network. After it's cancellation the network went way downhill. It used to be my favorite as it had a great mix of shows but now I never watch it because there is nothing good on it anymore.

(Then there are a bunch of 'kids' shows, like Mummies Alive, Hey Arnold, Bill Nye the Science Guy and Wishbone that I loved when I was younger)

Make the Jungle Movie so we can have our closure.

Shifty Llama
03-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Duckman!

Arlette
03-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Firefly and Pushing Daisies.

sam vimes
03-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Duckman!

Oh hell to the yes.

Cornfed is the greatest sidekick of all time.

Nayara
03-07-2011, 09:08 AM
The Pretender =///=

It deserves more attention and recognition.

lemonskeletons
03-07-2011, 09:18 PM
DuckTales.....oooooeeeeeoooo!

Rose of Battle
03-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Invader Zim.

It was my life in 5th and 6th grade.

Fortunately, I have the DVDs so I can watch it when I want, but I feel like all children should appreciate the insanity that is Invader Zim. (My cousin even gave me Johnny the Homicidal Maniac for Christmas!)

DireKitty
03-07-2011, 09:48 PM
....so many memories!

sam vimes
03-07-2011, 09:57 PM
....so many memories!

Clarification?

DireKitty
03-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Clarification?

Memories of awesome shows, only the ones you posted though. You have awesome taste.

EgnirysFaye
03-08-2011, 11:10 PM
As a Who's Line spin-off, practically, there's a new show called Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza airing on the Game Show Network either March 28th or April 3rd. GSN is giving both dates as the first airing. >.> But it's basically all of the Brittish and American Who's Line improv with the same group of the people. Can't wait for it!

That is really good to know! Thanks so much for the info!

Archangelz
03-09-2011, 02:21 AM
FIREFLY.

Buffy (the comics are cool but honestly, during the last few issues things just got REALLY DAMN WEIRD which I don't think they could have done on TV. It sucked.)

Invader Zim

Pushing Daisies

Dead Like Me

Annnnd...

Wonderfalls. Am I the only person who has actually seen Wonderfalls?

Axelai
03-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Invader Zim ;A;

Michi
03-09-2011, 04:25 AM
Arrested Development.

Whose Line Is it Anyway.

A new Star Trek series.

...Yeah.

skythefairae
03-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Oh my god. All these lists. I have to agree with at least one thing from all of them. oAo

I want Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies, most all of the classic Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon cartoons and shows, Toonami, all those Disney cartoons that were on the channel that I hardly even got to see because we didn't have that channel when I was a kid, we only got it when they were coming out with Lizzie McGueyer, or however the hell you spell the last name. But yeah. I wish all those channels would go back to the old days when cartoons didn't suck as much. BP

Samaru
03-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I definately agree with many of the items on the lists. The ones I miss most are Star Trek , Briscoe County, MacGuyver, and Seaquest (well until they started having totally off the wall stories) I sure wish that the US networks would try more SciFi and agree that the BBC seems to be the best at it.

I would also have to agree with Sherlock. We watched it earlier this week and were quite annoyed at the ending to the third episode.

KamiNeko371
03-10-2011, 01:30 AM
THE X-FILES. Forever. Bes show to ever grace the small screen. So thankful for the second movie, but now I want a third. Or a mini-series. Or SOMETHING!!

LOVEUlquiorra<3
03-10-2011, 11:48 AM
TOTALLY SPIES.

'nuff said.

SO TRUE! I used to love that show...

I vote for most of the older shows on Animal Planet, like The Most Exetreme. Most of the shows on there now are barely related to animals >:C Minus Lost Tapes. I love Lost Tapes.

Avrial
03-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Sliders series
My name is Earl
Addams Family series
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch

cupofjasmine
03-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Angela Anaconda!

cupofjasmine
03-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Whose Line Is it Anyway.

Whose Line Is It Anyway? comes on at midnight (my time) on ABC Family.

Volnixshin
03-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Mighty Fuckin Morphin Power Rangers.

SailorMoonUsagi
03-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Teen Titans, Powerpuff Girls, Hamtaro, Sailor Moon( only if its redubbed) original pokemon... all the old cartoon network shows. Cartoon network now is lame except for when they play courage the cowardly dog or dexters laboratory.
ah.. courage the cowardly dog... that shows scared me as little kid, and I wasn't allowed to watch it... Especially the one with the slab.... sweet jesus. -shudders-

littlelolita
03-12-2011, 11:11 PM
ah.. courage the cowardly dog... that shows scared me as little kid, and I wasn't allowed to watch it... Especially the one with the slab.... sweet jesus. -shudders-

yeah I loved courage. Mom hated it becuase eustace was mean to courage. but in response to the episode you referenced (Whic is my fave)
RAAAAMMMMSES!!!!!
the man in gauze! the man in gauze!!

I loved that and have no idea why. I'm so glad that one's back on cartoon network.I would love to see all of the saturday morning cartoons from fox come back. I loved that most of those shows stayed on the air well into my middle school years. but alas I miss them so and while many of my faves like Statci shock and swat katz are back on tv, it's not the same. life is boring without the tv shows of the 90's

SailorEarth
03-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Legend of the Seeker- it wasn't much like the books but I thought they picked excellent actors for Richard, Kahlan and Zedd.
Xena Warrior Princess- bring Xena back to life...again! I'd even settle for just a movie if they'd do that.
Pepper Ann- I loved this show, it was like Doug for girls except it was good XD

Kira*chan
03-15-2011, 05:37 AM
-Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- Moonlight

Cartoons:
-Hamtaro
-Digimon
-Lilo and Stitch
-The Weekenders
-Lloyd in Space
-Kappa Mikey

ten_again
03-15-2011, 06:27 AM
They really need to finish Carnivale.

The story had only just started and there were so many questions left hanging in the air...

Eurobeat King
03-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Even though Heroes hasn't been as-good as previous years, I thought a lot of the last season was pretty good, and those who watched the show liked the characters of Claire, Hiro, Sylar, and Claire's dad. I wish they continued it..

I hope they make a 2nd season for Masterchef USA with Gordon Ramsay. :D

Akiyhrah
03-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Legend of the Seeker- it wasn't much like the books but I thought they picked excellent actors for Richard, Kahlan and Zedd.

It was NOTHING like the books. When I saw the first episode, I died a little inside T__T I could not bring myself to finish watching it, because with each episode it got further and further from the story I fell in love with, and the characters were all so different.
I'm usually pretty accepting of movies/shows based off of books, and I'm willing to accept the changes, but Legend of the Seeker TRASHED the Sword of Truth books. :(

Here's my list of shows:

FIREFLY
Teen Titans
MOAR Star Trek!!
The Tudors
Escaflowne
The Weekenders
Undergrads
Rome

SailorEarth
03-16-2011, 07:48 PM
It was NOTHING like the books. When I saw the first episode, I died a little inside T__T I could not bring myself to finish watching it, because with each episode it got further and further from the story I fell in love with, and the characters were all so different.
I'm usually pretty accepting of movies/shows based off of books, and I'm willing to accept the changes, but Legend of the Seeker TRASHED the Sword of Truth books. :(

Maybe it's because I started the series before I read the books, but story aside I really liked the actors they got for the 3 main roles, particularly Zedd and Kahlan. I thought they were spot-on :bigtu:

Akiyhrah
03-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Maybe it's because I started the series before I read the books, but story aside I really liked the actors they got for the 3 main roles, particularly Zedd and Kahlan. I thought they were spot-on :bigtu:

I had no problem with the actors at all, they all did very well for what they were given. But the characters themselves were changed in personality and background. Especially Zedd! And he's always been one of my favorite characters. They changed Cara a lot too, and she was perfect the way she was :/

glitter bomb
03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm gonna add another to my previous list. I just had a strange craving for more The Young Ones. dunno where that came from. :)

Akarin-chan
03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
MIDNIGHT CHANNEL. Lol no.

Actually, I'd love to see Danny Phantom back on Nickelodeon again.

Zash2
03-17-2011, 09:00 PM
I'd love to see Buffy and Angel back on normal TV. MAN THEY ROCK!!!!!

IntraVentus
03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Kennan and Kel. :D And the old-school All-That.

sweetnsassy
03-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Live Action:
American Gothic
Firefly

Cartoon:
Freakazoid!
Early season of Gargoyles

Schuldig_
03-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Having had an overdose of cheesy 80's shows as a child, I still can't get enough of watching The A-Team. :geek:

Ororo Howlett
03-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Carnivale
Heroes
Dead Like Me
MTV's Fear (it's so funny watching people get scared shitless)

LadyNightfall
03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Xena!!! They ended the series, and it wasn't a bad ending (it could have been better, though), but I still miss watching it! That includes the cheesy bits during the fight sequences!

I must also second Ronin Warriors! I loved that show! I've been trying to find it on dvd, but haven't had much luck so far.

Another one that I miss is Whose Line Is It Anyway? I'm talking about the American version. I tried watching the British version, and just didn't get the humor. That show has brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard!

crayonattack
03-18-2011, 05:08 PM
The Justice League! And the older Batman cartoons, like the Animated Series. I'm really not a fan of the new one, whatever its called...I once turned it on and saw an episode that was LITERALLY DEDICATED to Aquaman having an inferiority complex. Batman had to take him on some adventures to make him feel useful. I don't know how it ended.
I also put in a vote for Buffy, Angel, and Firefly! And I remember loving a show when I was younger called Big Wolf On Campus, but for all I know it may have been just AWFUL. I was like 9 or something.

SailorEarth
03-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Big Wolf On Campus, but for all I know it may have been just AWFUL.

Lol, it was so awful but in that "I can't stop watching it" kind of way. Merton was friggin' awesome though :heart:

bbopalunaa
03-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Endurance! Loved that show so much.
Also, Dead Like Me, Butt Ugly Martians, and all the old school cartoons.
Oh, and Stick Stickly in the summer on Nick :D

ShinobuWind
03-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I want Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to come back! All the series after the movie sucked (IMO)!! Dx I also miss ReBoot and Max Steel. I used to wake up at 6 A.M. to watch those everyday!
I can't think of anymore right now, but i'm sure there's a list floating around in my head.

littlelolita
03-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Endurance! Loved that show so much.
Also, Dead Like Me, Butt Ugly Martians, and all the old school cartoons.
Oh, and Stick Stickly in the summer on Nick :D

STICK STICKLY!!!!!!!! DAMN I forgot that one. I loved that. I have the new yeas eve special and when he gound his long lost brother on vhs. My dad recorded a bunch of that for me and my sis whe we were little

LostLittleWitch
03-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I miss Pinky and The Brain. And Rocko's Modern Life... And Legends of the Hidden Temple...

And just about every other TV show mentioned in this thread! D:

Ollie Sixx
03-21-2011, 06:40 PM
two and a half men xD

AceOfCraze
03-21-2011, 07:02 PM
I used to love watching Knightmare, that show was epic!

Akiyhrah
03-21-2011, 07:46 PM
I want Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to come back! All the series after the movie sucked (IMO)!! Dx I also miss ReBoot and Max Steel. I used to wake up at 6 A.M. to watch those everyday!
I can't think of anymore right now, but i'm sure there's a list floating around in my head.

Omg ReBoot!! How did I forget to add THAT to my list?? It's only one of my favorite shows ><
Gavin Blair was actually at Anime Evolution 2009, along with some of the voice actors, and I got to meet them and have a ReBoot artbook autographed. I pretty much peed my pants I was so happy!!

Divinita Lunare Aria
03-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Full House I won't even say how many times I've seen each episode xP I'm a big fan :P I think ABC Family still aires it, but it'll soon be replaced by stupid ABC family original shows T_T

Hey Arnold! That show was so, awesome, and for some reason Arnold reminds me of the protaganists of Persona 3 and 4 xP Very chill and stuff.

Tenchi Muyo. Those were freaking good days.

90s/early 2000s was a great time for television. How I Met Your Mother is keeping the comedy alive though!

ShinobuWind
03-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Oh man. I just thought of two other ones. Inspecter Gadget and Freakazoid! I used to love those when I was younger! ^^

wing knight
03-27-2011, 09:31 PM
gargoyles

lupin

witch robin

bionix 6

Cnvrg2Infinity
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Flash Forward ftw - I'm talking old school TV series from 1996 with the characters Becca and Tucker XD Used to LOVE that as a kid! Here's the IMBD link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115173/

lightning-rose
03-31-2011, 12:23 PM
I miss me some charmed pout pout that to me was a great show i own all eight seasons sucks they stopped at eight they totally could have continued by the way it ended.

Vardonir
04-01-2011, 07:33 AM
- STAR TREK!! In the Prime Universe, anyway. Onward to the future! (Not based on the new film)

- Invader ZIM! They could have at least finished all those planned episodes! Invader Dib sounded like a good title. But, oh well.

- And all those good old shows at Nickelodeon: All That, Amanda Show, et al.

hollowchrist
04-01-2011, 02:27 PM
The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest
ReBoot
Sailor Moon
Are You Afraid of the Dark
Scariest Places on Earth
Truth or Scare
ThunderCats, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Digimon, bah the first season. Maybe the second season. They can lose the rest for all I care. Once I found out that every kid everywhere had a digimon, it lost its appeal. Why give everyone a digimon? It's like giving everyone a high priced Dooney and Burke bag. It's not special anymore. :<
Ummm...

The Amanda Show!
Daria
Zoids..

That's all I can think of right now.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
04-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Firefly and Carnivale. At least Firefly had a tie-in movie, even if it wasn't as satisfying as a second season would have been. Carnivale ended on a cliff-hanger.

Carnivale NEEDS more love and final season or a final TV move. They finish ROME of properly, why can't HBO just finish this one. :mad: I want closer over a continuation. I HATE it when things are left hanging (X/1999 and Yami No Matsuei... )

Gargoyles was another on of those series that like Mummies Alive should have had a conclusion.

RainMaker (formally Mainframe Entertainment Inc.) final got back license on the first 2 seasons of ReBoot. If the get enough sells with the new box set they might be able to convince another network to pick up the series.
http://www.rainmaker.com/?/site/news/25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw21b2gXdLY

Yes... Invader ZIM .... want more Gir and WAFFLES! I just love the insanity of if.

Are You Afraid of the Dark had a really good setup that would abe ood for a reboot. I find it assuming that I watch one of the child actors from the show on the Weather Network also most daily.

Winter's Dream
04-01-2011, 08:32 PM
ART ATTACK
SMart

Where are the kid's art shows now? Where?

HMTQ - Madge
04-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Estate of Panic - Cheesy Sci-Fi channel reality/game show. It's was silly, but fabulous at the same time. I loved it, but it ended after only a few episodes.
Cha$e - Another cheesy Sci-Fi channel reality/game show. Also another one that ended after only a few episodes. It was described as a real-life video game reality show, and it was as awesome as it sounds. :)
Reaper - Adored that show, the characters, and the plot. My father and I watched the show all the time, and forgot about it for a while. We came back to it... only to find it was cancelled. ._.;

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, too. A bunch of shows I love have been cancelled, unfortunately.