PDA

View Full Version : Piccolo Costume?

Hayroon
03-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm currently in the planning stages of making a Piccolo costume for this year's New York Comic Con and I could use some help for the muscle suit. Currently my plan is to make base muscles out of foam and then using green sweater sleeves (the kind that have a ridged texture) with pink cloth and red wire, but I'm not sure if this is the best option. Any suggestions?
Reference:
http://img.neoseeker.com/v_concept_art.php?caid=874

QuantumDestiny
03-07-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm currently in the planning stages of making a Piccolo costume for this year's New York Comic Con and I could use some help for the muscle suit. Currently my plan is to make base muscles out of foam and then using green sweater sleeves (the kind that have a ridged texture) with pink cloth and red wire, but I'm not sure if this is the best option. Any suggestions?
Reference:
http://img.neoseeker.com/v_concept_art.php?caid=874

Hey, Piccolo is my favourite character! I would highly suggest not using foam for your muscles..... It doesn't breath and soon you will find yourself in a sweaty death trap, with rivulets running down inside your clothes everywhere.

Make 2 layers for your arm sleeves. One layer should be tight to your body (lycra or spandex), with spandex 'pockets' sewn into place where the muscle groups on the arm are located. Stuff these pockets with a high quality polyfill, or if you can find it, a polyfill layered block which can be carved with a scissors into muscle shapes. (You can find these at fabric stores usually). Muscles look best when they are carved with a flat base, then inserted to the pockets you have sewn.

The second layer should be your Namek arm. Great idea to use green ridged sleeves! My only suggestion is get red piping to act as Piccolo's read accents, rather than wire. You can make a 'wristband' of red piping to go around your wrist, which will make everything that much more comfortable.

Hope that helps!!

Hayroon
03-07-2011, 04:20 PM
That's actually a good idea to use the red tubing, I was only going to use the wire because it was suggested by the tutorial on indymogul also I'll have to consider the polyfil, last year I went as the scarecrow and I was sweating through my mask

QuantumDestiny
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
That's actually a good idea to use the red tubing, I was only going to use the wire because it was suggested by the tutorial on indymogul also I'll have to consider the polyfil, last year I went as the scarecrow and I was sweating through my mask

Is that the make-up tutorial on youtube??? If so, since you're making sleeves anyway, you totally don't need wire :D. Oh man foam @_@ you know its horrors already. Can't wait to see progress good luck :D

Hayroon
03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Actually I was referring to the horrors of New York Comic Con's heating nut foam would definately make it worse

Hayroon
03-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Also if anyone has any reccomendation for the shoes it would be helpful