PDA

View Full Version : Taokaka wig help!

TaoIsTaokaka
03-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey! I'm looking for braids for a Taokaka cosplay and I'm having difficulty finding some. I need some help whether it be good sites for the braids or even actual braid construction. Thanks!

batteredchicken
03-06-2011, 02:00 AM
I personally would suggest buying kanekalon braids/jumbo braids from Dr. Locks or Amphigory for this. Or if you're super under budget, you can use yarn of the same color.

Most Taos tend to just attach braids to their hoods than wear a wig for her. Since the volume of her braids is ridiculously thick, people don't go for wigs (longer wigs tend to have thinner hair and cannot replicate the volume of her braids) and just attach braids then on. Besides, we don't know how she looks like yet and as far as it goes,she's just a face with braids on.

secretsof2113
03-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I got mine from Dr. Locks. Great color selection, and they work out pretty well! Not to mention, they are reasonably cheap.

R1KKu
03-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I went with some loose hair from a local wig shop, braided it, and attached it inside the hood (since it's lined).

I really wouldnt bother with a full wig. Her braids run through holes in the hood anyways.

Seisyll
05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I've used yarn to make the braids before, and then just attached them to the inside of the hood. Yarn gives the braids a lot of volume and they bounce and swing so nicely.

Aude
08-14-2011, 11:07 PM
I pretty much just did what the others have done - bought loose extensions from my local beauty supply, and braided it together. The only issue I had was lots of individual strands catching on my costume and becoming undone. Does anyone have suggestions for that?

secretsof2113
08-15-2011, 10:53 PM
I pretty much just did what the others have done - bought loose extensions from my local beauty supply, and braided it together. The only issue I had was lots of individual strands catching on my costume and becoming undone. Does anyone have suggestions for that?

I'm wondering about that one myself. My braids did the same exact thing.

Aude
08-16-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm wondering about that one myself. My braids did the same exact thing.

Mya... I just thought of it out of the blue - if I don't go the route of ToraKaka instead, I might end up trying to spray my braids with (near?)heavy-duty hair spray. Or I might try it with the spare hair I have anyway, haha.

nikkiolie
12-13-2011, 01:18 AM
I found a repunzle wig at Value Village during halloween and bought two of them. At first I wore the two wigs on my head then I cut the braids off and attached them to the jacket since the wigs were hurting me, and was damaging the hole putting them in every time. It worked out quite well.

CosmosFox
12-14-2011, 09:10 AM
For one of my friends I actually used high quality yarn in different shades of blinde (for highlights and lowlights) and made the braids of that for her and they did excellent. No need to worry about the braids unraveling, tangling or any of that and it has that cartoony aspect like Tao's hair is in the game.