PDA

View Full Version : Spain's shoes

auburnsky
03-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Hey guys!

So I was wondering what kind of shoes Spain wears in his military outfit, the outfit with the bandages on his calves. I'm not sure if they're combat boots or what, and it's hard to find reference pictures of that outfit.

Thanks in advance! :D

EseCulo
03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
For my Spain cosplay I wear short horseback riding boots that come up about an inch past my ankles. Since he is wearing a military style uniform then a short pair of brown military boots could work.

auburnsky
03-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh okay. Do you know if they're supposed to be brown or black?

meepstio
03-07-2011, 01:32 AM
to me it seems like he wears dress shoes s:

EseCulo
03-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure that they are brown.

PK.love
03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
It looks to me like shoes that are almost dress shoes. That is what I use for my cosplay. I use black ones as do most people normally but dark brown works too. Like EseCulo said, you can also use really short military boots. I have seen that a lot on other cosplayers.

auburnsky
03-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I think I might go with dress shoes, since they're easier to find and they won't interfere with the bandages. Thanks you guys! :D It sucks that reference pictures for Antonio are hard to find... >.<

PK.love
03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, that is why I used dress shoes, it makes the wrapping a lot easier in the end. To me at least. Your welcome!

auburnsky
03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah, that is why I used dress shoes, it makes the wrapping a lot easier in the end. To me at least. Your welcome!

Thanks!! You make an awesome Spain by the way. :thumbsup: I noticed you had brown ribbon around your collar for your cosplay, but is it supposed to be brown or black? I thought it was black...

PK.love
03-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Aww thank you so much!

Ahh it really is black, you are right! Actually, I use the brown one because it was the first one I ever used and all my other ribbons were so stiff that it looked awkward around my neck. Plus I am really weird and like matching. So I guess it was just a personal choice? Lots of fanart and such uses brown too so I don't think anyone would say anything about accuracy. I see cosplayers use both~

auburnsky
03-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Okay. Thanks for all the help! :D

Darkdreamyr
03-27-2011, 12:09 AM
I used a pair of black mules I had 'cause in other pictures it looks like those shoes matadors wear, and mules are the closest thing I could find to them.