PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Hyuga Neji Costume ^_^

RaveSleeper
10-26-2003, 06:36 PM
For those that don't know Hyuga Neji is Hinata's brother basically. Anyway i want to make his costume for Acen whitch i know is 6 months away but the more time the better eh ^_^. the shorts are easy to do so i think i can handle those but the Shirt he has thats a little more difficult i think i don't really know what i should use for it. I was thinking it looks like a short sleved hoody with the hood cut off but thinner then a normal hoody so help on that whould be great. Also does anyone know where i could get the Offical Naruto headband online cause ive tryed ebay and stuff and all they got is fake stuff that looks like crud. and the sandles are a big problem it seems with a lot of people so help on those or if there are offical sandles would be great also ^_^. also im not sure if he has belts things on his head or if that his hair (the stuff that hangs down on boths sides in front of the ears. I thank you in looking my post over and i hope you can help me out a little ^_^. I just started getting into cosplay and ive only been to 1 con so far (Anime Reactor) but i had a Ton of fun there and really started to get into cosplay with my friends lately so im sorry if i sound noobish ^_^. Thanks again!!

Momochi Zabuza
10-26-2003, 11:21 PM
For those that don't know Hyuga Neji is Hinata's brother basically. Anyway i want to make his costume for Acen whitch i know is 6 months away but the more time the better eh ^_^. the shorts are easy to do so i think i can handle those but the Shirt he has thats a little more difficult i think i don't really know what i should use for it. I was thinking it looks like a short sleved hoody with the hood cut off but thinner then a normal hoody so help on that whould be great. Also does anyone know where i could get the Offical Naruto headband online cause ive tryed ebay and stuff and all they got is fake stuff that looks like crud. and the sandles are a big problem it seems with a lot of people so help on those or if there are offical sandles would be great also ^_^. also im not sure if he has belts things on his head or if that his hair (the stuff that hangs down on boths sides in front of the ears. I thank you in looking my post over and i hope you can help me out a little ^_^. I just started getting into cosplay and ive only been to 1 con so far (Anime Reactor) but i had a Ton of fun there and really started to get into cosplay with my friends lately so im sorry if i sound noobish ^_^. Thanks again!!

Headband and stuff: http://www.toysnjoys.com/narutoapparel.html
Ebay sucks, they sell that exact thing for like 80 bucks, although i got mine from there for only 24.95, it seems the price is going up (now 39.99) either due to stock, or popularity (or both).

No sandals as of yet, but im sure thell get some out eventually. As for his head thingy, i have no clue other then to get some brown cloth, and learn how to sew really well.....

BTW: Hyuga Neji is not Hyuga Hinata's brother. They are cousins (their fathers were brothers, but Neji's was born second and he got put in the Branch house) So :P

RaveSleeper
10-27-2003, 01:52 AM
thanks for that site it help me a ton and i do know that they are not brother and sister it was just easyer to type so :P

kerochan
10-27-2003, 08:24 AM
Here is some Naruto shoe advice:
Check out Daala's gallery for the shoes. I also have a pic in my gallery of me in my in progress Hinata costume with the shoes on. We just took those beach sandals with all the straps and we made pattern for the shoes. If you get these kind of sandals adjust them so that they are easy to slip on and off. Measure the top part of the shoe the two sides and the back. It was about 6 pieces total and then you have to stitch them together inside out(like upholsetry) I suggest that you use pleather cause it is sturdy enough. After sewing the shoe cover we stapled it to the sole of the shoe and are going to put trim around the edges of the shoe to cover the staples. In the back we put a zipper to make sure that we could get into the shoe.
This may sound a bit complictated but it wasn't too bad! I suggest that you make a template of everything cause that really helped out a lot.
if you still need help pm me.
good luck.

RaveSleeper
10-27-2003, 06:50 PM
I still need help with what to use for his shirt it doesn't seem like it would be to hard to do if i had the right materials but i can't think of the materials to use any help would be great ^_^

RaveSleeper
10-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Anyone..... Anyone at all? o.O

Eleryth
10-29-2003, 02:19 AM
Anyone..... Anyone at all? o.O

The material doesn't look too heavy, nor does it look too light. I would stay away from wools and wool blends, and fleece and rayon and the like. I think either a thick cotton, or a twill would work. If I remember correctly, you could zip up the front with little flaps sewn down on one side and velcro over the zipper to the other. Make it a bit too big for you, because I think his bunches at the bottom. And the top looks slightly rolled, so maybe find a pattern that has a collar, and just make it really tall, and roll it over, like Naruto's jacket. Another option is to print the picture, and take it with you to the fabric store, and ask someone who works there. They get questions all the time, and can help you find patterns and materials.

The things hanging down from his head protector is not hair - I think they are straps. I could swear that I have seen little connectors at the bottom of one of them (in a shot from the anime when he has his prelim fight - many byakuran (sp?) closeups of his face). I could be mistaken, though, but I am pretty sure.

Good luck and have fun.

yukitoLeonheart
10-29-2003, 07:29 AM
about the head protector, a few things. First, you need to buy one and modify it. His headband in the anime, which is I gues the version yo are going for, is black. I recommend the same silky material they have for the headbands. You then need to actually detach it and reacttach it to the black cloth.from his head are hanging two straps. ONe has a little latch on it.

If you want to go all the way, I know a place that right now, because of Halloween has his eyes on sale.
The contacts rock but you can't see very well with them, as they are just for costumes. They look amazing, though.

There is a lot of speculation with the Jacket........ I need to talk to a few people I know who are professional Japanese Naruto cosplayers (their actually is a webpage), they have some amazing costumes and have cosplayed EVERY Naruto person possible, and they did it a long while ago, too. The one person is the best Gaara I have ever seen, and is a girl, she just ROCKS, and I kind you not is too cool.

If you need any pics or help, just pm me,

Matt

(the creator of the Kakashi and Sasuke Sharingan contacts) hehe, it's my one clame to fame in Naruto that I designed them :) and got them made.

RaveSleeper
10-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Very nice thats all the info i need Thanks a ton for the help i think ill get started in a few days after i get my paycheck cause im broke at the moment ^_^. ill try to shake down my friend and get his camara so i can get some pics into my gallery of my progress so you have that to look forward to(or not XD)by my estiamtion ill be done in a month or less depending on money how much time i have to work on this. ill pm you guys if i need some opinions (unless you don't want me to ^_^) thanks again!