PDA

View Full Version : Guests of Honor

Thymidine
03-09-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm just wondering why all the guest "announcements" at AM2 are always in the form of hints on the website and on facebook, but not official press releases like the mascot announcement today which I admit is very cute, but my friends and I are still holding off on the passport because nothing is set in stone yet. I would very much like to see SCANDAL if indeed that is what it is! Can someone from AM2 answer this question for me?

sicdedman
03-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm just wondering why all the guest "announcements" at AM2 are always in the form of hints on the website and on facebook, but not official press releases like the mascot announcement today which I admit is very cute, but my friends and I are still holding off on the passport because nothing is set in stone yet. I would very much like to see SCANDAL if indeed that is what it is! Can someone from AM2 answer this question for me?

IMO Ax has not announced anything special yet either. i mean they have announced
Vic Mignogna
Danny Cho

but nothing else. the last couple years they announced Big names in Feb and March. but nothing.

I think IMO AX is sizing up Am2 & Am2 is Sizing up AX to see Who announces What Big Name First and then the other will Capitalize on it and Release theirs. it might not be a War/Competition as they both say. but i think they are just toying with each other.

either way Im attending BOTH Con's because i Enjoy Con's and Ax has been Very good to me these past 3 Years.

and Am2 I'm going to and im going to Enjoy that as well!

LelouchYamazaki
03-11-2011, 12:57 PM
ill agree with sicded about feeling each other out, but with AM2/Chase Wangs cryptic messages I think it's more like a teaser and giving people the ability to find out who its is over just giving out names right away.

Honestly I don't like the idea of waiting till the end to find out who guests are, while it creates suspense and all it's really makes it hard to know what you are going to expect but knowing everything by april/may should be when its all out.

Especially with AM2 now out, AM2 is a free con so you lose nothing as for AX since the prices raise the closer you get to the con.

if the guesses I have for the AM2 clues are true I'm going to have fun, only one I don't have a big idea is on so sad..

sicdedman
03-11-2011, 03:27 PM
if the guesses I have for the AM2 clues are true I'm going to have fun, only one I don't have a big idea is on so sad..

yea, i don't know who or what that could mean either....
i'm thinking its a (Voice Actor) of a Certain Anime? dunno...

Thymidine
03-11-2011, 06:03 PM
This is my guess (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIhZp_ZnNWE) for the so sad comment.

sicdedman
03-11-2011, 07:11 PM
This is my guess (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIhZp_ZnNWE) for the so sad comment.

Sadie comes from the English word "sad", according to vocalist, Mao

I forgot about them. I thought they broke up last year. I'm gonna have to go back through J/Rock Artists and see who is still around and who is not.

Thank you for that (Guess) Thymidine.

LelouchYamazaki
03-15-2011, 12:54 AM
I forgot about them completely myself, but would be pretty cool is it was Sadie.

looks like the last thing they released (single) was in Dec 2010 -Juggernaut-

50 points if Thymidine gets it right

sicdedman
03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
well i just found that (SADIE) does have a NEW album coming out it is :

Cold Blood (March 30, 2011)

should be kinda interesting... have they ever been to the States before? at any Con?

Thymidine
03-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Its interesting after seeing the new hint, I did a google search on "am2 con kanon" for wakeshima kanon as my guess and the first link that came up is "kanon x kanon" on an am2 page, but when I try to access it, it gives me a password protected page. I wonder if they are waiting for a bit to announce due to either the guest no longer being secure because of the Japan crisis or something else.

Here's the Cache page:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:faPWsQaamhcJ:am2con.org/guests/kanon-x-kanon+am2+kanon&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

I hope its true!

LelouchYamazaki
03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
I clicked it and there was no need for a password, maybe because im signed in to my am2 account?

says "Who are kanon x kanon?
Mystic female cello-vocalist and Akiba-kei Otaku male sound creator joined together to form a “2.5th-dimension phenomenal musical unit”. The duo’s deep affection for anime and anime songs, mixed with their distinctive visual expression, is definitely something new. You say you may have seen these two people somewhere before…perhaps you think they look a lot like Kanon Wakeshima and kanon of An Cafe? …Only in your imagination! These two are intangible products of thought, emerging from the 2.5th dimension that lies between the real world (3D) and the world of Anime (2D) to create Anime songs for our enjoyment.

And now the mystery begins! Their debut single “Calendula Requiem” has been chosen as the opening theme of Fuji TV network anime Shiki (Corpse Demon), which began on October 14, 2010. Obtaining a much coveted right at the beginning of their career shows how much attention they have already garnered!
The new single is based on kanon x kanon’s one-of-a-kind, groundbreaking soundscape; using the theme of wa (Japanese style), these two kanons are sure to become a “made in Japan for the world” unit… and this debut song fully proves their ability.

The single has been released on November 17, 2010 in Japan and on November 23, 2010 in USA. There are also plans to release it in Europe (date yet to be decided)."

so looks like it is true...make an am2 forum account and see what happens or its magic for me

Thymidine
03-22-2011, 03:25 PM
I wonder if its true that you have to be logged in. I am also able to see this page:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4jEQwANYkGoJ:am2con.org/guests/kanon-wakeshima+am2+kanon&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

This one says:

“Cello vocalist”, Kanon Wakeshima took up the cello at age 3. While in school, she already experienced concerts performing the baroque cello in classical ensembles. She also started composing music herself and provided vocals to a pop/rock group. A few years later, she entered an audition held by Sony Music Japan, in which she was a finalist and won an artist deal with Sony label DefSTAR Records Inc.

Her incredible talent caught attention of Visual-kei star Mana (Moi dix Mois, ex-MALICE MIZER). Kanon’s rich, haunting sound fit well with the Gothic & Lolita street fashion culture for which Mana is very well known. He became the sound producer for Kanon’s debut single “still doll” (released in May 2008), and her 1st album “Shinshoku Dolce”, which was released in February 2009. Album was first released in Europe, with the world premiere showcase and an in-store performance at FNAC, the largest media chain in France, leaving a store record for the number of people coming to see the event. Skyrocket in international popularity, in July this year, she performed at JAPAN EXPO in Paris as well as at OTAKON in Baltimore, USA, also with record audiences for each event. She also toured the West Coast including San Francisco Amoeba Music event, to promote the U.S. release of her debut album. In August, she sold out her first headlining solo concert production, “Kaigateki Ongakukai” at Shibuya O-WEST. In October, she appeared at HELLWEEN LIVE 2009, hosted by VAMPS, and gave an impressive performance.

Kanon also shows a great talent in drawing pictures. In Fall 2008, at one of the biggest fashion plaza in Japan, Laforet Harajuku, she had her first exhibition with success. During her brief West Coast tour in US in 2009, there was an exhibition held at LA’s Royal-T cafe. Her works are regularly posted along with her diaries on her official website and MySpace.
She will be releasing the 2nd album, “LOLITAWORK LIBRETTO” with much anticipation in July 2010. The title track will feature a French vocalist Solita, daughter of French singer Clementine. A concert tour of Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka will follow the album release.

Kanon
Releases
1st ALBUM: “Shinshoku Dolce” [2009]
* including the lead singles “still doll” and “Suna no Oshiro” (theme song to Vampire Knight)
2nd ALBUM: “LOLITAWORK LIBRETTO” [2010] – NEW RELEASE!!

Official site: http://www.kanonweb.jp/
Official MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/kanonwakeshima

EDIT Seems they removed the password protected pages, I really wonder what is going on. Maybe Japan is affecting what is happening and cons are losing GOHs?

LelouchYamazaki
03-23-2011, 01:36 AM
maybe they figured it was already leaked and were like oops rather than hide it whens it been screen shot we can just without saying anything kinda reveal it?

who knows thou, im sure by not they found out the mistake and talked about it or else it would be pulled the moment you found it thye.

overall not a bad guest to have and who knows how the disaster in Japan will effect guests and the cons...only time can tell like 3 months now

sicdedman
03-23-2011, 08:57 PM
I have already met (Kanon Wakeshima) & (Kanon of An cafe) so i can skip them.
the hint for

(Lolita Libretto) was easy to figure out cause (Kanon Wakeshima's) 2nd album is called (Lolitawork Libretto) but eh.

so far I'm only kinda interested in seeing (SCANDAL) but not really, but I'll prob see them anyways. can't make up my mind ......

Jr.
03-23-2011, 09:24 PM
With all the stuff going on in japan makes me wonder about GoH for cons this year as in if some of them will be changed or not.

LelouchYamazaki
03-23-2011, 09:40 PM
With all the stuff going on in japan makes me wonder about GoH for cons this year as in if some of them will be changed or not.

It's probably a question on many peoples mind including cons that are upcoming sooner than AX or AM2 as well.

I'm sure there will be some people who will pull back for good reasons and others who will go forward with their agreements since Japan like to honor all there promises, and works on a huge honor system all around.

Time will tell

Thymidine
03-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Looks like Steve Staley is coming to AM2. First american VA i believe for this convention.

LelouchYamazaki
03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
how did you get that info? looked at the AM2 website and didn't see anything right now lol.

even still would be cool like him as Toshiro

Thymidine
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
I saw it on Chase Wang's Facebook and the AM2 facebook also.

I also heard that AM2 is negotiating with a korean band called Super Junior

sicdedman
03-24-2011, 09:42 PM
When i went to SM TOWN last year at Staples Center. Super Junior was there. they were ok, i mean im not into boy bands at all, but for a boy band they were worth listening to and least take a small interest.

Am2 will get a BIG Attendance from Girls wanting to see Super Junior, man like 90% of the Fan's at SM TOWN was Female. it was Krayzie.....

I'm still waiting for the Right band/Music Artist to make me say (YES) i will go to AM2 that day. but right now the guests that have not been announced but just the hint's for (Possible Guests) just has not done it for me. i mean i WILL still go at least 1 day to AM2!!

but i would like to see a group come to AM2 that will blow my mind and say (WHAT HOW THE HECK DID THEY GET THEM?) ya know?!

i think I'm just too Picky when it comes to seeing certain band's/Artists live...

animejunkie
03-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Well, AM2 will definitely get a lot of fangirls if they got Super Junior to come over, that's for sure...

Thymidine
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Who is AM2 staff on this forum? I am still waiting for the answer to my question involving the guest of honor hints. How come nothing has been officially announced and we as attendees still have to guess who is coming? Whether it is videos or the pictures on your website or what is on twitter. I do admit that it is fun guessing and researching I also think it is time the convention start answering these hints with who is actually coming instead of announcing things like an AMV contest. As far as I and a few people that I know, no one has entered the film festival item and I can only assume that no one will enter the amv contest.

Not trying to be rude or anything since I already decided to forego AX and attend AM2, but I'm sure many like me really want to know about the guests and your main events. Especially those that may still be on the fence about buying a passport. I will definitely be buying one but really would like to be reassured on who the guests are and if there will be any good exhibitors to shop from. I am coming from Ohio so it would be nice.

ElCapitan
03-29-2011, 11:37 AM
I am staff for AMē.

Sorry for the lack of response. Initially, I was was looking into the matter, but I unfortunately got confirmation of our announcement dates almost exactly when the earthquake hit. We felt it would be highly inconsiderate to make a marketing push in the immediate wake of the tragedy, and delayed our schedule accordingly.

I am no longer certain how soon we'll begin making concrete guest announcements, but you can be confident that we will do so as soon as we feel it is appropriate. As you stated, it will boost Passport sales, which we obviously want to happen.

animejunkie
03-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Certainly understandable that guest announcements are delayed in the aftermath of the earthquakes and tsunamis hit Japan and I'm sure other upcoming cons also are following the same policy as well, out of respect. Even though I'm not going, I look forward to seeing if I guessed a couple of your hints correctly!

Perspective
03-30-2011, 04:39 PM
AM2 just announced Sixh and a h.NAOTO fashion show! WIN!!!!! AWESOME! Go AM2!!!!

sicdedman
04-01-2011, 09:29 AM
AMē is proud to welcome Hangry & Angry character and fashion designer Gashicon, official Guests of Honor. (April 1st 2011)

I met Gashicon back in 09 at PMX. so far with GOH, i met met 80% of them AM2 has announced and un-officially announced...

I'll keep waiting...

Thymidine
04-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Right... not very impressed with the official announcements so far...they all went to animeNEXT and I have seen them before..same still waiting

Perspective
04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Right... not very impressed with the official announcements so far...they all went to animeNEXT and I have seen them before..same still waiting

LOL! I think it is great! It is better than Vic and Danny in my opinion!

animejunkie
04-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Yep, I agree with sicdedman and Thymidine...not all that impressive so far. Perspective, could you be any more obviously biased? (Granted anything is better than Vic Mignona, lol). Still waiting to see other announcements for this con and AX; not too impressed with either one so far.

El_Duque
04-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Hangry and Angry is now on board as a GoH. Just hurry up and make the Scandal announcement official, so I may possibly buy a passport and reserve a hotel. Thanks.

Thymidine
04-01-2011, 05:27 PM
HMMM Their new hint is "Next AMē Announcement "Rocking" SOON!" I'm going to guess this will be a SCANDAL announcement. Hope I am not wrong.

snypershot
04-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I've been following SCANDAL for a while now. There was a big push to get them to AX but that seemed to turn up as a dead end. A friend of mine showed me a tweet regarding SCANDAL. While I have several, several friends with their credit cards on stand by (I can't make that up) we are all waiting as well. We are hopeful that SCANDAL will be announced, but with in due time and respect to the people of AM2.

Thymidine
04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I think they are getting ready to announce SCANDAL. I just noticed that they put up a price for main event tickets including concerts at $20.00, but it might be more worth it to buy a one day passport since its only $5.00 more. Its getting exciting.. I hope.

They have a SCANDAL thread on their forums, maybe go post there to let them know you have a group that will be buying their tickets to "push" them to announce faster :) i'm sure revenue is important to them lolz

SakuraTheshadow
04-03-2011, 02:30 AM
is Kanon Wakeshima really suppose to go...? ^^;

Thymidine
04-03-2011, 09:02 AM
is Kanon Wakeshima really suppose to go...? ^^;

Yep Kanon Wakeshima seemed to have been confirmed and posted on their webpage, but I guess they decided to hold back the announcement like everyone has been saying because of earthquake in Japan.

If you look at their GOH pictures here http://am2con.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ they still have Kanon picture posted so its safe to assume she will still be attending.

SakuraTheshadow
04-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Since the convention is free, are the concerts free too?

Thymidine
04-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Since the convention is free, are the concerts free too?

yes but apparently if the number of paid people is more than the number of seats available, then the free people are out of luck

Morrissey
04-03-2011, 02:29 PM
yes but apparently if the number of paid people is more than the number of seats available, then the free people are out of luck

Not true. While there will be "premiere" seating available for passport and ticket holders, there will be free seating available. Just don't expect those seats to be great.

SakuraTheshadow
04-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Ahh... I don't really care. :thumbsup:
As long as I can see the stage. I don't even plan to stand up.

ElCapitan
04-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Not true. While there will be "premiere" seating available for passport and ticket holders, there will be free seating available. Just don't expect those seats to be great.
Actually, it is technically true, even if highly unlikely. Main Events is obviously our biggest capacity event room, so unless a TON of people with Passports/tickets show up, there will be free seats available. It's hypothetically possible though.

An easy way to think of it is like one big line instead of two separate ones. All the people with Passports and tickets go to the front of the line, and everyone else is after them. If Main Events hits maximum capacity, we'll have to stop the line, no matter who is still outside.

Like I said though, I don't really expect this to be a problem. IIRC, Main Events didn't hit max out back during AX 2006 and that was with 40k attendees. As a first year con, we aren't expecting to be anywhere near that number.

Thymidine
05-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Sorry to kick up an old issue, but I just read on the AM2 facebook from a post that SCANDAL is performing in a live in japan at the same time as AM2, how is this possible when they have been claiming and hinting at them coming to AM2?

AirWind
05-02-2011, 02:12 PM
They just replied to that post:

"AMē Convention ‎@Kelly Chen: It would be very bad for anyone to mislead attendees with regards to talent attendance. However please keep in mind that the concert that you are speaking of happens on July 2 (JST)-which is July 1 (PST) *wink* We will be announcing what is "scandalicious" very soon once we obtain all materials that are needed for it."

ElCapitan
05-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry to kick up an old issue, but I just read on the AM2 facebook from a post that SCANDAL is performing in a live in japan at the same time as AM2, how is this possible when they have been claiming and hinting at them coming to AM2?
I can't really confirm or deny anything related to guests that haven't been officially announced yet. What I will say though, is that it's certainly not unheard of for artists to perform in one venue then travel quickly to another venue to do another show.

LelouchYamazaki
05-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I remember last year X Japan did something similar. They did the Yoshiki foundation followed by the recording of the music video until like 1-2am, then flew out to go to Paris for another event the next day.

Honestly I can doubt to imagine a starting con giving out bad info and getting to many hopes up only to disappoint, it would be a bad move since the Scandalous hint was semi obvious, but that just what I think.

I heard it is Scandal for sure but I could be wrong, so don't quote me haha.

I wonder AM2 plans on having the concerts

Thymidine
05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the responses. I already purchased my passport :)

Jr.
05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
It is actually smart of them not to post it unless they are 100% sure because it is worse PR wise if you say someone is going to be there 100% and then it turns out otherwise.

LelouchYamazaki
05-03-2011, 12:21 AM
It's always better to get everything signed for sure, my guess since Scandal would have such a huge fanbase it would be one of the last announcements to make, finish with your strong foot.

The nice thing is they till have been making regular announcements, but I would love to see some anime studios, directors as well for am2. We have musical and cosplay anime pls!

LelouchYamazaki
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
So I heard some news from some of my AM2 buddies, that Chase Wang has actually picked up some A list movie people who will be at AM2.

I have to say if the list I have is accurate we can see a kind of comic con feel to AM2 since, 1 is from a zombie apocalypse movie, the other is the star from a DC comic book movie.

There is about 5 names in all we can look forward to XD

Jr.
05-06-2011, 03:07 AM
That seems odd thing to do if your main focus is things related to japan I would figured it would be more important to get Japanese VA's, manga authors, and or you know like other things that would fit in with a anime con.

techrabbit13
05-06-2011, 03:56 AM
I think its a wonderful idea bring japanese and american comics together, a future match made in heaven

Jr.
05-06-2011, 04:40 AM
I mean there isn't a overall problem with that idea if your con has that theme in mind but it just seems like inviting big named people for the sake of it might end up clashing with the overall theme of the con.

slimchance
05-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Animation Industry needs to be expanded. Need to have more people to know about Japanese and Animation Culture. Can't just say "Oh we are Japanese Animation Convention, we are just going to invite Japanese GOH."

Recently, a lot of Korean bands are participated into Japanese Animation like 2AM, Tohoshinki, etc...

More people are interested in Japanese and Animation Culture - More Voices and More people are interested.

Jr.
05-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah but you see like those Korean bands you talked about they actually are connected to Japanese related stuff.Would you invite the actors that played Edward and Jacob in Twilight to a anime convention just because they watched one anime or another?

Freight
05-06-2011, 11:49 AM
You can't really manage with Japanese only guests. You'd alienate some of your fanbase as there are people who prefer dubbing, want to know how to break into voice-acting in America, want to be an American manga artist like Adam Warren, etc.

ElCapitan
05-06-2011, 12:43 PM
@ Jr: I think you're jumping to false conclusions. Nobody has stated that a guest was being brought in just for the sake of star power. As always, I won't confirm or deny anything about things that haven't been officially announced yet. That said, I can say that I haven't heard of ANY guests being brought in without a solid link to animation, manga, or music.

Hypothetically speaking, I wouldn't have had a problem with say, including a panel where Gillian Anderson, Claire Danes, Minnie Driver and Billy Bob Thorton talked about their work on the US release Mononoke Hime (so long as that release had happened recently).

Remember also that the entire premise of AMē is to broaden and expand the domestic fanbase of the industry. Our primary goal is to turn people who don't know much about anime into fans (or at least help fans convert their friends who weren't otherwise interested). If Rob Patterson or Taylor Lautner like anime and want to come in and talk about it, that's a good thing in my book.

slimchance
05-06-2011, 01:31 PM
OMG - if Edward and Jacob from Twilight go to Anime Convention - HELL YEAH. Not only you get old fan girls excited but you even bring in New Fans and introduct them to Anime Culture.

By the way, AM2 just announced Visual Kei group SADIE and the most powerful Girl Band - SCANDAL.

OH YEAH OH YEAH

animejunkie
05-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Nothing wrong with expanding the domestic fanbase of anime, manga and comics here in the US; and yes, while I do tend to prefer subs, I do know friends that prefer dubs and also have aspirations to be voice actors as well. You have to cater to both sides at least a little bit if you're an anime con.

slimchance: No...do not want Twilight fan girls at any convention! It was bad enough when they took over Comic Con a couple years ago (my own opinion)

Jr.
05-06-2011, 07:06 PM
The Twilight deal wasn't so much a dig at the actors but the fans they bring because I have seen the effects they have caused at comic con first hand and it was not pretty.

animejunkie
05-06-2011, 11:46 PM
The Twilight deal wasn't so much a dig at the actors but the fans they bring because I have seen the effects they have caused at comic con first hand and it was not pretty.

Nothing against the actors/actresses in Twilight either, but I've come across some shall we say, beyond insane uber fan girls; such obsessive fans sadly exist in every fandom I'm sure and while they don't speak for the more mature and bigger portion of any fandom, they certainly give it a bad name [/endrant]

slimchance
05-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Hey - Don't misunderstand me. I don't like Twilight. I think Vampire Knight is better. The story line is way way way much better.

Hakaider
05-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Hey - Don't misunderstand me. I don't like Twilight. I think Vampire Knight is better. The story line is way way way much better.

Actually, Vampire Knight is way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way,way,way,way,way, way,way,way,way, way, way, way, way, better than Twilight.:)

LelouchYamazaki
05-07-2011, 02:38 PM
first things first, Twilight EWWW...... I keep away from that like it was a plague lol but yes I know there is a giant fan base for it, I was at the Planet 51 red carpet premier out by UCLA and there was a gigantic line around the area and we asked why and it seems the next day was the Twilight red carpet premier and daughters and mothers were going to camp their for the night, we saw a guy walking around being hounded by girls and me and my friends were like who the heck is that? about 5 mins later we asked a random girl and found out it was Jacob lol.

Back to the main subject, why would AM2 want to be just another Anime Expo thou? I was hearing about possible Korean bands joining, getting some celebs who have a tie in to comics, or anime is a pretty cool idea. I mean heck the had the power rangers at the Club2themax event which of course has its ties to Japan's Sentai Rangers.

Jr.
05-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Well mainly what I was talking about is people that have links to anime they don't have to just be from japan just be connected in one way or another like say Stan Lee would be ok because he created Heroman and a few of his works have been made into anime but just some famous guy being brought in to get people there would be bad. Going back to what ElCapitan said that all GoH will have links so I trust him on that.

techrabbit13
05-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Gackt???

Jr.
05-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Depends on how you say his name since really it is Gakuto if you were saying it from the Japanese spelling.

slimchance
05-09-2011, 01:29 AM
If Gack is going to be at AM2, This is going to be one insane summer with all the Jrock stars and concerts. I am going crazy.

Jr.
05-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Oh actually from what I heard he is filming some drama show in japan atm http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1880837 someone else had pointed out a more likely fit a Japanese band called FACT

techrabbit13
05-09-2011, 02:41 AM
but then why is the clue it rhymes with hacked! and then drop another clue "hellboy"

(Gackt) + Hellboy = BUNRAKU

yeah and that other band FACT is pronounce Fakuto in japanese as well, but theres no connection to 'hellboy"

Jr.
05-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Maybe he is planing on inviting Ron Pearlman since he has done VA work for anime before. Personally I think they need more VA's then music groups right now since the music is out weighing everything else atm plus Ron Pearlman would bring in a lot of people since he has been in so many great movies, animated shows, and games.

techrabbit13
05-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Maybe he is planing on inviting Ron Pearlman since he has done VA work for anime before

but then what does that have to do with "rhymes with hacked"

Jr.
05-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Actually if you look at the IMDB for the movie both Gackt and Ron Pearlman are in that movie.

techrabbit13
05-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Actually if you look at the IMDB for the movie both Gackt and Ron Pearlman are in that movie.

Very true but that would have to mean that the first clue did refer to Gackt, as a round about way to refer to Pearlman as the GOH; which means that it was just a diversionary tactic to increase interest in AM2, which i really dont see Chase doing especailly since AM2 already has several big names. this really is getting dizzying:bigcry:

Jr.
05-09-2011, 03:08 AM
Well LelouchYamazaki had posted in this tread about a DC animated voice actor so that leans to Ron Pearlman too since he has done a lot of work for DC animated series.

slimchance
05-09-2011, 02:41 PM
FACT BAND - Their Blink of an Eye debuted No.6 on Top Oricon Chart in 2010 Not bad. I am interested in them.

I have a high hope that Chase would be able to bring GACKT. If he does drop a hint like that, it has to be big. - Great I am going to be depressed for the whole week. Damnnnn

Thymidine
05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
FACT BAND - Their Blink of an Eye debuted No.6 on Top Oricon Chart in 2010 Not bad. I am interested in them.

I have a high hope that Chase would be able to bring GACKT. If he does drop a hint like that, it has to be big. - Great I am going to be depressed for the whole week. Damnnnn

Aren't you Am2 staff? Can't you find out directly who it is? lolz

slimchance
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I kinda have a clue but couldn't really say anything. My lips will shut for this week.

Morrissey
05-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Aren't you Am2 staff? Can't you find out directly who it is? lolz

The only ones who usually know about guests before hand is the Guest Relations director, Guest selection committee, Con Chair and marketing. Even most division managers aren't privy to such information.

animejunkie
05-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Erm, Gackt would be a huge get for AM2, but honestly, don't they need more VAs right now? Guest list is mostly bands and fashion people...just my two cents.

usachanpeace
05-10-2011, 12:59 AM
I was just wondering...
Will we be able to take photos or film during the Kanon Wakeshima concert? Thank you. ^^

animejunkie
05-10-2011, 02:51 PM
My guess is that the answer to that question would be no; most musical guests tend to not want photography (aside from professional photographers/press). I'll let an actual AM2 staffer answer that one though.

sicdedman
05-10-2011, 07:13 PM
when kanon wakeshima was at royal t cafe 2 years ago they did not allow cameras at all. that was a very small event to.

so am2 would not allow cameras or video as well. mostly due to the management of ms wakeshima.
sometimes you get lucky like i did last year at ax Mayn allowed people to take pics of her while standing in line waiting for autograp no video though...

ElCapitan
05-13-2011, 12:27 PM
My guess is that the answer to that question would be no; most musical guests tend to not want photography (aside from professional photographers/press). I'll let an actual AM2 staffer answer that one though.
Your answer is pretty much the best one available. By default, most concerts disallow photography and video. There are exceptions, but that's pretty much on a case by case basis, and most often depends on the management team of the GoH in question.

iaShakezula
05-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Man this is getting really tuff for I am registered for both convention since I can get there in 30 minutes either way. And I want to support Chase.

I am waiting for the final schedule of the concerts and then I will plan out my visits.

I sure want to see Scandal and Heidi hope its not on Saturday .

Thymidine
05-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Man this is getting really tuff for I am registered for both convention since I can get there in 30 minutes either way. And I want to support Chase.

I am waiting for the final schedule of the concerts and then I will plan out my visits.

I sure want to see Scandal and Heidi hope its not on Saturday .

They are very good at answering questions on the AM2 forum and have posted a lot of information there like a semi-concert schedule here http://forums.am2con.org/index.php?topic=125.0

That should make you happy regarding the schedule for Scandal and heidi lolz

techrabbit13
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM
‎AMē just announced 2 more amazing GOH's (one being a famous Sailor Moon animation director) Yamashita-san and Shimogasa-san

and theres a rumor that thy're finally going to reveal the GOH hinted at "Hacked" tonight i honestly hope thats true

LelouchYamazaki
05-23-2011, 12:34 AM
no announcements other than the 2 anime Goh's especially for studio ghibli, made my day.

Th add of the meet and greet for scandal is a plus so I hope we get the same with kanon x kanon, Yamashita-san and Shimogasa-san ......

hopefully by this friday we will hear about Hacked, or might be another guest to torture us