PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a tutorial/help with Ezio Costume

Jack_Crowley
03-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Ok, after finally deciding on this one, now i need some advice and help with it. Since the costume i'm using is the suit from Brotherhood, he doesn't use leather anymore [Whoopie ^.^], but his bracers look kind of hard to make [DOH!]. Luckly, i found a great shot of the suit, so it will be easier to layout and make. But there are a few things i need some help with.
I need to figure if i should use cotton for the hood, or a more fine material, how i can make the bracers cheap, the dual hidden blades[Plastic and/or other material should be used. I can't work with metal. :P], and the collar piece. The detals in the torso and the lower body are somewhat easier for me, but suggestions on those are welcome.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Please give me some tips and suggestions.

Here is the shot of Ezio i was talking about.
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy183/Jay-Pi1233/AssassinsCreedBrotherhood_render-02.png

Lisu-chan
03-10-2011, 03:36 AM
Not to be rude, but all those topics are addressed in the general topic... But we Ezios have to stick out for each other, si?:

- Material, not everybody is agreeing on that one but suggestions range from deerskin leather/suede to indeed plain cotton. It depends on your skill and budget which fabric you should end with.
- Bracers and cheap, foam, or clay, but since clay is prone to break, I'd go with foam.
- Hidden blades, a easy and cheap way would be using the deskslider method... never failed me yet. It's metal (aluminium) but there's not a whole lot you have to do. Tutorials are EVERYWHERE on the internet. XD
- The collar piece, really is just ruffled up fabric.

In the general thread you'll find all the aforementioned discussions, even bigger pics and ref art and links to tutorials or shops that sell the stuff you need. Worth to take a look! ^_^ (plus you can enjoy the random talking in-between as well!)
I wish you good luck with costume!

Jack_Crowley
03-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Ah, escuzi. Thanks for the help.

-I think i'll stick to cotton since it's a bit cheaper, but i might go with suede if i get more funds.
-I'll try the clay, since i already have some [being a artist really comes in handy a lot], but the foam sounds interesting to try.
-I'll use the deskslider method.[improvise on the locking so it doesn't slide right out]

Grazi, and i'll take a look at the other threads too. ^w^

Kame
03-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I you want to go after the look in the game, it's deerskin leather.

If it's the the look that he had in the trailer, it's cloth.