View Full Version : Turret 'Eye' Help?

03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey guys! Not sure if this is the right forum for this but it seemed the most fitting. Anyway, for AnimeBoston 2011 I'm going to be cosplaying a turret from portal. (Pic: http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/images/c/c0/Turretportal.jpg)
I've got it all basically worked out, except for the red-eye thing. I want a red, sort of translucent circle in the center of my chest (Think red bottle bottom? Like... the bottom of a wine bottle?) and it has to be able to be attached to the costume which is cloth, obvs. Any suggestions on how I could do that? I really don't want to just paint a red circle on my chest... :/

03-11-2011, 10:44 PM
You could use a red bicycle reflector, most of those are round and easy to attatch. From the pic though it would have to be larger and probably convex so a hard plastic ball cut in half. I don't think the wine bottle would work because it's glass and not easy to cut or attatch to fabric. Honestly some type of large rounded reflector would probably work best.

03-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Actually, that's brilliant! A bicycle reflector will work perfectly, because I'm pretty tiny. It'll be easy to attach and I can just add some shading using a semi-translucent marker. Thanks so much!