PDA

View Full Version : Turret 'Eye' Help?

Perispheric
03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey guys! Not sure if this is the right forum for this but it seemed the most fitting. Anyway, for AnimeBoston 2011 I'm going to be cosplaying a turret from portal. (Pic: http://images.wikia.com/half-life/en/images/c/c0/Turretportal.jpg)
I've got it all basically worked out, except for the red-eye thing. I want a red, sort of translucent circle in the center of my chest (Think red bottle bottom? Like... the bottom of a wine bottle?) and it has to be able to be attached to the costume which is cloth, obvs. Any suggestions on how I could do that? I really don't want to just paint a red circle on my chest... :/

ChefMikey
03-11-2011, 10:44 PM
You could use a red bicycle reflector, most of those are round and easy to attatch. From the pic though it would have to be larger and probably convex so a hard plastic ball cut in half. I don't think the wine bottle would work because it's glass and not easy to cut or attatch to fabric. Honestly some type of large rounded reflector would probably work best.

Perispheric
03-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Actually, that's brilliant! A bicycle reflector will work perfectly, because I'm pretty tiny. It'll be easy to attach and I can just add some shading using a semi-translucent marker. Thanks so much!