PDA

View Full Version : akito/agito air gear

AXEL5489
03-12-2011, 12:24 AM
so first i was wondering if its possible to buy just the top anywere? but if not whats a good pattern im looking for the strait jacket in ornge. becosue for the pants i was just going to use a white pair of jeans so their nice and fitted when rollorblading down the street or at cons. but were can you get the hook for the pants and weres a good shirt pattern im just going to use zippers for all the stripes on the jacket also how do you make the hood? woth the mask. thats removable? lol i know im making a challange!:eek:

Ichigogami
03-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Could you post some reference pictures/links to pictures?? That will get you more accurate/available help.

Zerofox Kitsune
03-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I can begin to try and assist you.

The pattern I used for my Agito jacket was this one, a KwikSew 3290 (http://kwiksew.com/Catalog/cat_detail.cfm?pid=3290&QL=GirlPantsShortsTopJacket), View B.

Now, this pattern requires a bit of modification, but it is quite simple. If you'll notice in the illustration, there's a red section on the side of the jacket; creating a seam that's not regularly on the jacket. What I did was tape that part of the patter to the main part of the pattern, so that way only the side seam that runs from the armpit down is present. Other than that, this pattern is sort of small, so you will need to enlarge it so it fits. You can do this by simply tracing around it. After that, there is a lengthen and shorten line of the sleeves--I made mine about three feet long, but depending on your height, you will need to adjust the length. For reference, I am about 5'4".

I found buying the pattern a bit silly, as it says "Misses" on it, however, there are no darts to compensate for the bust on this pattern, so it is pretty well unisex.

Before you put the entire thing together, you will need to add the stripes. I did this by sewing on a large piece of white bias tape, and then sewed smaller pieces of black bias tape on top.

For the hooks, I used 1" swivel hooks and sewed them to my straps.

I hope I've covered your areas of trouble. If not, I will elaborate wherever you need me to.

AXEL5489
03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
ya i mostly need help with the hood/mask part

Zerofox Kitsune
03-14-2011, 07:22 AM
What exactly do you mean by removable? Is it that you wish to take the mask out of the hood entirely, or just be able to pull it down and have it rest in front of you?

Emmy6824
11-14-2011, 05:27 PM
People on this website could be selling things seperately. You never know, unless you do and have already checked. Well, you should be able to reason with someone on other websites that have places to sell items. ^^* Good luck!