PDA

View Full Version : Fem Soldier Tips?

KitKatCaughtcha
03-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Hiya, I am thinking of doing a TF2 soldier for Otakon in July and since it's kinda my first cosplay ever I was looking for some help.
I already have combat boots and I was thinking they would work well with either my grey or black thigh high socks and a cargo styled skirt.
I run into a bit of trouble with the top though. I have no idea how to handle the jacket...
Beyond that I guess I'll have to look for some kind of tutorial for the rocket launcher...but that doesn't seem like a huuuge deal and I suppose I will just buy the helmet.
If anyone has done this before or seen a really good one I was wondering if i could get some tips on where to start.
Thanks in advance!!

Bluehentrooper
03-14-2011, 02:11 PM
I wish I could give you better advice on Fem Sollys, but most of the ones I've seen have been the regular male version.

I think a red or blue buttton up dress shirt would work in a pinch, especially if you tied it under your chest and wore a tube top or something similar underneath. It depends on whether you want to go for a sexy look or not I guess.

KitKatCaughtcha
03-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Hmm, well I have until August, so I'd like to do the best costume possible...
I'm trying to think of a girly way to do the jacket

Bluehentrooper
03-15-2011, 06:08 PM
If you can sew, just pick a fitted women's jacket pattern and modify it. Something with princess seams would work well.

KitKatCaughtcha
03-15-2011, 06:35 PM
If you can sew, just pick a fitted women's jacket pattern and modify it. Something with princess seams would work well.

That's actually a really good idea, I'm definitely gonna try that :D
Thanks a bunch, I'll update once I start :P

Bluehentrooper
03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Glad I could help. I'm planning on doing a Blu Soldier cosplay for Otakon myself if all goes well.