PDA

View Full Version : What anime merchandise do you collect?

Demented Otaku
10-21-2002, 07:27 PM
Well, besides the anime/manga themselves, what other anime merch. do you collect? I'm fond of artbooks and CD soundtracks, also limited edition anything... I'm just curious what other fans buy.

aeva
10-21-2002, 07:31 PM
Anime and manga aside, I collect just about anything from my favorites series. [ie if its Gravitation, its MINE!]

I have a large stock of posters, wallscrolls, pins, dolls, keyhcains, Pokémon plushies, figures, artbooks, and pencil boards. Gawd, I ahve so much anime junk. XD I love it all!

Tenjou
10-21-2002, 07:39 PM
Hmm. I have a Sailor Mercury plushie, Sailor Moon cards, two Sailor Moon wallscrolls, five SM keychains, lots of the SM manga, I got SMILE issues, Planet Ladder 1-2, Utena Manga 1-2, a Shonen Jump preview, Gundam Wing and Hellsing holographic posters, and various Pokemon cards & toys. I also have old tapes of Sailor Moon episodes. ^^

Cassandra
10-21-2002, 07:39 PM
I collect Sailor Moon stuffs. Posters, postcards, greeting cards, party favors, dolls, plushies, artbooks, CDs, toys...you name it. It's to the point where I'm almost embarrassed that I have so much stuff. (Not because it's Sailor Moon, just because there's so much of it.)

And I have a few figures, so I guess you can say I'm starting a collection there. Not the expensive $200 things, but like the $10-$20 figures. Rally Vincent, Minnie May, Belldandy, Ryoko...a few Evas...

Sakura
10-21-2002, 07:40 PM
If it's anime, and I have the money on hand, it's mine! I collect everything anime that I can find, but I'm especially fond of UFO catchers and dolls. *such a girly girl* xD

Tenjou
10-21-2002, 07:43 PM
[ but I'm especially fond of UFO catchers and dolls. *such a girly girl* xD ]

You think that's bad, I got a whole mountain of Beanie Babies XD!!!!!!! /offtopicness

I wouldn't mind getting some CDs, especially the Sailor Moon Memorial Collection. ^_^

Celine
10-21-2002, 08:21 PM
As far as anime goes, very little. I have a few artbooks. And some Digimon & Pokemon plushies and figures (Team Rocket! Yay! ^_^). A handful of pretty Gundam Wing doujinshi. That's it.

Now, when it comes to *video games* .... XD

Babbit_Chan
10-21-2002, 08:22 PM
If I really like a certain manga/anime, I will buy any type of merchandise there is... Within financial reason ^^;

Gingerbread Man
10-21-2002, 08:25 PM
I can't get enough soundtracks...I'm on my way to collecting all of the DDR soundtracks...not to mention FLCL Cowboy Bebop and Flame of Recca

SleepingKirby
10-21-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
I can't get enough soundtracks...I'm on my way to collecting all of the DDR soundtracks...not to mention FLCL Cowboy Bebop and Flame of Recca

Then I guess we'll competing :p (j/k of course.)

Same here. I collect mainly Soundtracks. Although I make it a policy to not get anything unless I've seen the anime first. That and Manga. I use to collect HG Bandai Models too, but I finished my EVA collection. (all except the Perfect grade and the ones from the movies. Ugh, I hate those things.) Everyonce in a while I'll do a model/figurines, but unless it's something I really like (i.e. AMG stuff), I usually don't bother with it.

Umi
10-21-2002, 09:08 PM
I'm a freak. I have a nice little collection of Here Is Greenwood doujinshi. Other than that I also go for rurouni kenshin and final fantasy VII doujin and I'm on a new mission to get ahold of Gravitation CDs. Artbooks are always a nice little addition to any collection ^__^

Jibrille
10-21-2002, 09:15 PM
i have a bit of an obsession with Wall Scrolls. *cough ran out of room on my walls cough*
and minor obsessions with lami cards and pencil boards. ^^;

Shadow Lady
10-21-2002, 09:22 PM
Besides the few anime I own and the twenty or so manga I have a few stuffed toys, cds, poster, action figures, and capsule figures.
Right now I'm into collecting those little figures with the candy. I get some every time I can go to Uwajimaya.

KuroBara
10-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Oh my...I have too many wall scrolls. Let's see...I keep my Yu-gi-oh deck in a mini Trigun lunchbox, my bulletin board uses chibi character pins instead of thumbtacks, I have a Kodama plushie, tons of those little laminated posters, a shiny Utena poster that I love, figures (Anthy, Wolfwood, Belldandy), the Angel sanctuary angel box with prints, postcards, clock, necklace, hmm...

So basically anything from a series I like!

Mei Lan Chang
10-21-2002, 09:31 PM
I am such a sucker for those little anime/video game characters that come in those little machines where you have to put in 100 yen (I don't see them as much in the US) and you turn the crank and out pops the cute little toy you get to put together. It's so irrational of me to love them since I have almost no space in my room but I just can't help myself. They are everywhere.

TyJILDown
10-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Well, I have a bunch of anime related items, may it be shirts, figures, DVDs, file folders, cels, plushies, pins...etc. etc. I don't have -too- much, but out of all the items I have more figures than anything else...I need to mount a second shelf to my wall so I can display some more ;_;

BabySnowLeopard
10-22-2002, 12:09 AM
Plushies! PLUSHIES PLUSHIES PLUSHIES! I WANT THEM ALL! *plots a major plushie raid*

That's about it ^_^' sometimes an occasional artbook or soundtrack. I want the .hack//SIGN soundtrack =[ grrr

~Kie

hichan
10-22-2002, 12:16 AM
CLAMP... but lately anything Angelic Layer or Chobits

uhhhhhhh... yeah XD that's it for now

oh! any Suikoden Strategy Guide/Artbook that comes out

any momosu merc!

Ennui
10-22-2002, 12:19 AM
Once in a while, a visual kei cd.

that is all.

Galaxia
10-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Oh God...here we go:

I collect figures, artbooks, DVDs, soundtracks, shirts, pins, manga, posters, wallscrolls, and plushies.

I don't suppose you'd like to see a list of everything I have, do you? Heehee :D :thumbsup:

Bluesummers
10-22-2002, 11:12 AM
Oiy...I collect anything and everything Legato Bluesummers, any Trigun action figures, Trigun posters, cards (I have two sets of Trigun cards...), and Trigun Maxiumum. I'm a little...obsessed...no? :: gazes at her Legato Clock ::

I also collect doujinshis from Final Fantasy VII. Of course, these all have something to do with Vincent Valentine...

Sami
10-22-2002, 11:38 AM
I'm a little picky about what I collect; I don't like to buy things that will just end up getting stuffed on a shelf somewhere, and not looked at for months at a time. I normally stick to soundtracks, videos/DVDs, wall calendars (my secret obsession, lol, the big japanese ones where each two months has a new page and you can pull off the old one and use it as a poster!), and ANYTHING Suikoden. ^____^ Some manga too, but it really depends on the series.

Studmaster
10-22-2002, 12:17 PM
For me, the one thing that I love to collect is Sakura Taisen memorlobia. If it's Sakura Taisen, and if it's good. I must have it. Hell, I'm buying the Japanese version of the Movie in November and the complete song collection in December, along with the last story OVA of my favorite charcter (see my Avatar = Sumire)

I've also gotten into collecting Hentai Manga too. (*everyone looks at him funny*)

Rosiel
10-22-2002, 12:53 PM
I collect cels (Gundam Wing and Arslan Senki only, to try and limit the insanity), and doujinshis (Flik/Odessa, Culgan/Seed, Treize/Une and Heero/Relena only, for the same reason).

I buy a lot of other things, like manga and DVDs ans OSTs and lots of artbooks but I don't consider those collections.

Tenshi
10-22-2002, 07:39 PM
Dolls and figurines. I LOVE dolls *_*. My doll collection consists of only Sailormoon stuff, but I have lots of little figurines. My favorites would have to be my 12" vinyl Laguna figure, and my Sailorjupiter Dream Pocket. I've stopped collecting them, because it's too expensive ~~;;.

Tenjou
10-22-2002, 07:48 PM
This reminds me of some more Sailor Moon stuff I have: I got two SM shirts, a lunchbox, four SM sketchbooks, and two CDs. (lunarock and the soundtrack with dub songs) ^^ ehehehee!

Galaxia
10-22-2002, 08:27 PM
Oooook........I know most people are gonna throttle me once you read this list

::sigh:: Here we go

Figures/Collectibles/Posters/Wallscrolls/Plushies/Calendars:
Asuka
Rei
Spike
Spike, Faye, Ein, & The Swordfish
Cowboy Bebop 6-Figure Gashapon Set
Tenchi Masaki McFarlane Figure
Ryoko McFarlane Figure
Vash The Stampede McFarlane Figure (coming soon I hope ^.^)
Gene, Melfina, & the Outlaw Star
Tenchi Muyo! Super-D sets
Tenchi Muyo! Mini Lunchbox
Cowboy Bebop shot-glasses (from Suncoast)
Spike Wallscroll
Spike Poster
Cowboy Bebop Limited Edition CD Box poster (got it with the CD-Box order from CDJapan)
Hamtaro plushie
Sailor Neptune plushie
Ryo-ohki backpack (which can double as a plushie)

Artbooks/Manga/Graphic Novels:
Cowboy Bebop - The Jazz Messengers (signed by Watanabe, Kawamoto, & Kanno)
Cowboy Bebop - The After (also signed by Watanabe, Kawamoto, & Kanno)
Cowboy Bebop - Sunrise Works Collection
Cowboy Bebop - Characters Collection
Cowboy Bebop - Knockin on Heaven's Door artbook
Cowboy Bebop Manga 1-3
Sailor Moon Stars manga Vol 16 (in Japanese)
Sailor Moon SuperS manga (in English)
Sailor Moon RPG & Resourse Book

Shirts
Cowboy Bebop "Shatter"
Cowboy Bebop "DOA"
Cowboy Bebop "Silent Scope"
Cowboy Bebop "The Movie BAAF Premiere"
2 Bebop shirts from Suncoast
2 Evangelion shirts (Rei & Asuka in the snow, and the 3 pilots on the other)
Sailor Moon shirt
Gundam Wing shirt

:drink: :drink: Getting tired yet?

CDs/DVDs
Cowboy Bebop Limited Edition Soundtrack Box Set
Cowboy Bebop OSTs 1-3
Cowboy Bebop - KoHD OST
Sailor Moon Best Song Collection
2 other SM CDs (can't remember the names ^^; )
Sailor Moon SuperS Orgel Fantasia
One of the SM Christmas CDs
Cowboy Bebop 1-6
Evangelion 1-8 (with the box)
Excel Saga 1-2
Love Hina 1-4
Tenchi Muyo OVA (coming soon)

haru
10-22-2002, 08:38 PM
I collect anything from my favorite anime/game~
i got ff wallscrolls, weiss & pokemon pin, pokemon & ff7 keycains, series of posters, pokemon plushies, figures, ff & weiss artbooks, pencil boards, a series of soundtrack, note book, stiker, ff x mouse pad, letter paper, cards....

Shadow Lady
10-22-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Mei Lan Chang
I am such a sucker for those little anime/video game characters that come in those little machines where you have to put in 100 yen (I don't see them as much in the US) and you turn the crank and out pops the cute little toy you get to put together. It's so irrational of me to love them since I have almost no space in my room but I just can't help myself. They are everywhere.

Capsule figures! I love those!

Ayaka
10-22-2002, 10:21 PM
There are a few series where my goal is to get basically all the merch there is. That would be Bebop, DNAngel, Shaman King, and Saiyuki. lol but except for Saiyuki there's not much out there for those series, so it's not that hard. I've helped my friend put together a very respectable collection of Silent Mobius and Zillion merchandise (including cels). And yes, even though I'm a fan of both as well, I've bowed to her fandom and given her the stuff I find . . . except my keychain of Kiddy's gun. That's so mine, lol.

I'm also a sucker for Inuyasha stuff, and have a number of overpriced plushies from multiple series (mostly the expensive ones are Ghibli). If I see a legal pin from a series I've seen, chances are I'll buy it, cause the legal ones are hard to find. Plus I do the other stuff; shitajiki, cels, keychains, CDs, figures, postcard sets, and the occassional artbook (I have remarkably few artbooks for some reason), and other misc stuff. I have a Saiyuki washcloth/mini towel . . . ^^

Aurora
10-23-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Mei Lan Chang
I see those in practically every movie theatre...saw ones with disney, pokemon, and even final fantasy mini-figures XD...

Originally posted by Bluesummers
Oiy...I collect anything and everything Legato Bluesummers, any Trigun action figures, Trigun posters, cards (I have two sets of Trigun cards...), and Trigun Maxiumum. I'm a little...obsessed...no? :: gazes at her Legato Clock ::

*squeals* A legato clock?????? Where did you get it? Do you have a pic I can see?!?!?! o.o;... *madly obsessed with the psycho*

...*deep breath*...

Right now, I collect ANYTHING w/my fav animes (primarily trigun, rurouni kenshin, and nightwalker) ...Im looking forward to starting an anime cel collection soon though ^_^;...

Later Days
Aurora
"Knowing Is Half The Battle"

Himemiya
10-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Plushies Plushies Plushies ^_^ And manga, and posters. And PLUSHIES! ^_^

Anything Utena. I have an artbook, and two models, and all the manga, and the playing cards, and the movie ring... ^_^

videogirlc
10-23-2002, 03:17 PM
Artbooks would be a major major part of my collection. Then plushies, pins, and figures. Especially the capsule toys.

videogirlc
10-23-2002, 03:17 PM
Artbooks would be a major major part of my collection. Then plushies, pins, and figures. Especially the capsule toys.

videogirlc
10-23-2002, 03:18 PM
Artbooks are the major part of my collection. Then plushies, pins, and anime trading cards.

dragonessa
10-23-2002, 09:47 PM
O.O agh!

well anyhow, i tend to be unconsciously collecting EVA action figures, i have one 1ft tall Unit O, Unit 1 (kaiyodo type), Unit5 (sega model, poor quality, but rare) and i want to get Unit2 and Unit3 (my fav)... waiting for them to get cheap.. eheh

i also get wall scrolls, tshirts (some i made on my own), blah blah...

i have a rouroni kenshin sticker sheet!! mwahaha!

:razz:

Lovelyangel_81
10-24-2002, 08:54 AM
Wallscrolls, poster, postcards, CDs, artbooks, keychains, and other little items.

Jinx
10-26-2002, 12:56 AM
I mostly collect artbooks and figurines.. dolls or action figures. Not much of a collection.

Hikaru
10-27-2002, 07:56 AM
I collect CD's, little and big fiqurines alike, artbooks, plushies, posters, clothes, etc.

Mako-san
10-27-2002, 10:12 AM
I'm on the same lines as everyone above, I have a lot of figures!!, all from CCS to Ghost in the Shell to Transformers!!!!
Lots of Wall Scrolls, pencil boards, pins,
Anything Slayers!!! Currently i've been collecting manga like crazy!!!! I own tons of DVD's too numerous to list!!!

Mako-san
aka SakuraWinner
aka Tiffany

:skidude2:

Cait
10-27-2002, 07:30 PM
Off the top of my head.... I know I'm leaving things out especially in the CD section....

CD Soundtracks & Albums
-Yoko Kanno - Songs to Fly
-Escaflowne - Lovers Only
-Escaflowne - Original Soundtrack 3
-Escaflowne - Original Soundtrack 2
-Escaflowne - Over the Sky
-Escaflowne - Original Soundtrack (Movie)
-Sailor Moon - Best Song Collection
-Sailor Moon & the Scouts (Domestic Release)
-Sailor Moon - Lunarock (Domestic Release)
-Cowboy Bebop - Music for Freelance
-Cowboy Bebop - Blue
-Cowboy Bebop - No Disc
-Cowboy Bebop - Original Soundtrack 1
-Final Fantasy X - Original Soundtrack (Domestic Release)
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Hyrule Symphony
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Original Soundtrack
-Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Original Soundtrack
-Mahou Tsukai Tai - Vocal Collection
-BOA - Twilight (Lain)
-Mononoke Hime - Origional Soundtrack (Japanese)
-Mononoke Hime - Symphonic Soundtrack
-Earth Girl Arjuna - Original Soundtrack 1
-Evangelion - Best Collection
-Gundam Wing - Operation 1
-Gundam Wing - Operation 2
-Gundam Wing - Operation 3
-Gundam Wing - Operation 4
-Gundam Wing - Best Collection

UFO catchers
-Mizuno Ami
-Sailor Mercury

Artbooks
-Sailor Moon Vol I
-Sailor Moon Vol II
-Escaflowne TV & Movie Artbook
-Escaflowne Newtype Filmbooks #1-5

Posters & Wallscrolls <-- all up on the wall now
3 DBZ
3 Sailor Moon
2 Escaflowne
1 Evangelion
1 Princess Mononoke
1 Lain
2 FFX

Pins
-Ed
-Ein
-Pikachu
-Hitomi
-Van
-Hamtaro

Shirts
2 Sailor Moon
1 NERV

Bags
NERV (my school bag has the NERV logo embroidered on it. yeah Mythwear!)

Action Figures and Dolls and Models
-Gundam Sandrock
-Sailor Moon (2x)
-Sailor Mercury
-Van, Hitomi, Escaflowne
-Goku

Collectibles, Toys, and Strange Things
-Cowboy Bebop (Spike) clock
-Sailor Mercury kecychain
-Escaflowne Movie trading tarot cards
-Sailor Moon calender
-Sailor Mercury Star Wand

I'm not including DVDs, Box sets, or manga. Too many.

FlowersInMidgar
11-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Toys, I've gots lots O' toys.
I love gashapon (capsule toys) I just got a complete set of Vampire Savior version 3.5 (White Leather Type Morrigan is so cool) I'm getting the Full size Hellsing guns from Japan (just waiting on the package) I love stuff like that, replicas of weapons or items from anime, stuff that looks like real items (i.e. Sunnnydale H.S./Miskitonic University gym shirts,etc.)

Scortia
11-22-2003, 06:42 PM
manga and artbooks, wallscrolls, posters, plushes (at least one every con), cds, I used to get cels before I cosplayed ^^;;, keychains and cute little mascots and pins that I never really do anything with. ^^;;

Marth
11-22-2003, 06:48 PM
DVDs, Manga, videogames and Limited Edition or Collector's figures! I love my FF/KH figures! ^_^

chibi_kitsune
11-22-2003, 10:27 PM
I have a Kurama plushie witha rosewhip, kurama and hiei pins, botan cel, sailor moon doll still in the box that was signed by someone, nagi from tenchi muyo keychain, some sound tracks, wall scrolls, posters, a inuyasha art book, a inuyasha and speed racer t-shirt, yu yu hakusho magical battle cards in japanese,ect.... anything I find I buy it.

angelcosmos
11-23-2003, 12:14 AM
I collect:
- laminated posters (made in Taiwan hahaha)
- anime cards (Sailormoon, Chobits, Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi, Card Captor Sakura)
- bootlegged dvds ^^b
- artbooks (only if they're cheap!)
- graphic novels/mangas <-- do those count =/
- ufo plushies (only a few that I luv a lot <3)

Susumari
11-23-2003, 08:10 AM
i don't like getting action figures...waste of space. what do i do with them!
<_<
>_>

Sweet~Pea
11-23-2003, 08:26 AM
Other than Anime/Manga itself.
I collect pretty much anything anime/manga I can find, but I do have a very large figure collection. I like the figures a lot. And I love sailor moon, like alot of people it was my first anime, so I have a shelf dedicated just to sailor moon that is over flowing to other shelves every once in a while. Like the sailor moon figures are on some of my figure shelves lol :p

I love to collect pins and plushes too.
Cheers
-Christa

Susumari
11-23-2003, 10:23 AM
PINS! yea, Manga...i like the keychains.

Chiri
11-23-2003, 11:03 AM
I especially love CDs/Soundtracks, and toy models or figurines are cool. Not to mention keychains, also. *has one of pikachu in a bottle and rubber konekochan from trigun*

Oh, and pins!!!!!!! How could I forget those?

Aluocard
11-23-2003, 11:33 AM
me and my friend colleced all of hellsing and now i am collecting hellsing while he collects fruitbasket.

Chiri
11-23-2003, 11:35 AM
I'm looking for a decently-priced Alucard figurine (and not just a bust figure, i have that in Alucard, Seras, and Integral) I have Seras full action figurine with the Halconnen...now I need Alucard...>_o

Chibi Bunni
11-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Yes, the UFO PLOOSHIES! I Always Play with them and...make them play with eachother! XD...The little plushies live inside my closet in their little plushie anime world..