PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Stigma For Cosplaying an Air Gear Girl?

Sharnie
03-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Okay so I'm looking forward to going to my first ever anime convention and I really want to cosplay. Looking through ebay and scrolling through my anime collections I came up with a few ideas. The first being Princess Tutu or Duck - the problem is that Princess Tutu's costume is quite spiffy and I probably need more time to do that one (perhaps next year) and to be duck in this period of time I would be wearing shorts and well I never ever wear pants - I just do not feel comfortable in pants let alone shorts. The other characters I thought of doing were Simca or Ringo mainly because I can do those outfits quite easily and I found some amazing wigs however my reputation is as quite a quiet, innocent type and I worry that by cosplaying characters from a show that is as.... risque as Air Gear will either ascribe me a negative reputation (I have recently moved to a new town see) or bring about unwanted attentions.

Shuko
03-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I personally never cosplay in anything I'd be uncomfortable (socially) wearing. Period. My reasons for this are pretty much just because I know I won't have any fun with it if I'm constantly feeling self-conscious. It's not about what I want people to think of me; it's about how I want to feel about myself. I wear costumes to feel good and have fun, and I can't do either if I'm constantly worrying that I look like a cheap floozy in my costume. :p

Don't dress for others' opinions of you. Dress for what makes you feel comfortable and fun. That's really the only advice I can give you.