PDA

View Full Version : Static attack

SquishedFlower
10-27-2003, 04:09 PM
i got a five foot long chii wig off of ebay and my only problem with it is that it is always flying and sticking to everything! does anyone hove any good static removal methods?

archangeli
10-27-2003, 08:35 PM
A few solutions:

1) Buy a wig conditioner (this will definitely work!)
2) Spray it with static guard?
3) Rub a Bounce sheet over the wig

Hanyaan
10-28-2003, 09:44 AM
I second the recommendation for using a dryer sheet. Although wig conditioner would work better, dryer sheets DO work and they're so much cheaper.

SailorMo
10-28-2003, 05:46 PM
I would use pomade. All you need to do is rub a little in your hands just to coat them and then gently stroke the hair. It's actually hair oil, and it leaves my wigs so manageable-- I adore the stuff. And no rinsing needed. ^_^ Plus it's a great detangler.

KaraokeKate
10-29-2003, 07:58 PM
I would use pomade. All you need to do is rub a little in your hands just to coat them and then gently stroke the hair. It's actually hair oil, and it leaves my wigs so manageable-- I adore the stuff. And no rinsing needed. ^_^ Plus it's a great detangler.

Except that pomade is a styling product (wax/oil based...) and if you don't want to add texture to your wig, you probably aren't going to want to use it for anti-static. However, if the style is short, this will keep static at bay.

The dryer sheet also works. Or if it's a long wig, put a tiny bit of normal conditioner (you don't need to spend the extra cash on wig conditioner...) in a spray bottle with some water, and lightly spritz it down.

Or hold your wig in one hand, and a doorknob in the other.

Pretty much any method you can use to combat static in your own hair will work on a wig, it's just that wigs are more susceptible to staic because they are made of dry plastic instead of moisturized protein. ~_^