PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Knight Cosplay Amateurs!

Yuio
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Please tell me how to improve =D
This album contains my vampire knight Yuki cosplay (I'm the one in black) :

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n640/ryoma4911/

First cosplay ever :)

Rander
03-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Hi, welcome!

Are there one or two pictures in particular that you think could be improved? You'll get better feedback than asking the audience to look at 15 pictures.

Yuio
03-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh! Thanks for the reply, well in that case, what about the 7th and 14th one? Although I kinda think all of them needs improving @_@

Shallon
03-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Most of them look blurry. Is that what you wanted? I don't like tilted photos because to me it seems like if you tilt the camera without knowing what you want or doing then the image doesn't come out well.

Rander
03-16-2011, 12:44 AM
First question, what kind of camera are you using? Yes, most of the pictures are not sharp. If you are not using a tripod, I would suggest getting one. For picture #14, what is your intent? I think it might be better with mirror symmetry. You can see 1.5 legs of one person and 1.1 of another. If you could see only one of each that would improve the composition. There are things in the background that are distracting. There is like part of a bench near the person in white’s wrist. There are one or two people right in between where you are holding hands with the other person. I would say move up more and just have the gray tile as the background.

For picture #7, is that an artistic filter in Photoshop? I would prefer a nice sharp picture with Forever clearly seen than a picture that is an OK painting. The composition is nice is this pic.

Yuio
03-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies! I will work harder.

Surfsama
04-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I think your ideas and compositions are interesting and creative. I would suggest you experiment with using your flash (in daylight) to fill-in some of the dark faces. Also, try not to shoot with a bright lit background without adjusting your camera or again using flash to balance the exposure.

As for post-processing, I like the diffuse-glow but it’s a bit of an overused effect in many pictures. Try the diffuse-glow and then experiment with the burn tool adjusted down and soft to add some personnel touches.

Miss Tomyo
05-17-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure what you're using for a camera, but if possible I'd heavily suggest working on bringing your pictures into focus. A lot of them also look to be over exposed(too much light).