PDA

View Full Version : Buy historic Japanese patterns, support Red Cross disaster relief

alpha_helix
03-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Just thought I'd spread the word. Reconstructing History is going to be donating 25% of the money they bring in through the sales of their historic Japanese patterns to the Red Cross disaster relief for the tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan.

RH has a handful of Heian-era Japanese patterns, they're pretty expensive, but from my past experience with the company, I can say that the also include LOTS of documentation that makes it well worth the price.

Just thought I'd give a heads up in case there's anybody else out there who's been interested in this era and would like their costuming to help others :)

Edit: oops, almost forgot a link!

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/

sephygoth
03-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Just thought I'd spread the word. Reconstructing History is going to be donating 25% of the money they bring in through the sales of their historic Japanese patterns to the Red Cross disaster relief for the tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan.

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/
You did enough.

as much as we do not agree on shit I went through the red cross via this link.
Besides Katsucon's $100, I had to match it with Red cross, they are a bit more direct and can spend it now.
thanks for the site, if I didn't see it here I'd overlook it.

Brsis
03-16-2011, 01:53 PM
I've borrowed a couple from friends for specific pieces, and Reconstructing History's Japanese patterns seem pretty good. They have both men's and women's outfits, and a few different eras for the guys, which is always nice.

((Also the eboshi hats in the men's informal Heian outfit are amazing. 'I never realised how much I want to wear this shiny hat' amazing. You know you want one. I want one. I didn't get to keep any of mine. The actors stole them all)

So if you've been mulling it over, seems like now is a good time to pick up a few. You can wear shiny hats and trousers twice as long as your legs while helping the earthquake relief effort!