PDA

View Full Version : alphonse

Naushy
03-15-2011, 11:28 PM
I am new to cosplay and haven't done much. I have some experience but not with cosplay more wood and other non-fabric materials heh. If anyone has any advice or help or tips for finding material cheap or what kind to use to simulate the look and structural strength of metal.

any help is appreciated.

animenerd93
03-16-2011, 02:40 PM
A lot of people use the substance like cardboard (the name can b found on the wig site fro cosplay.com under materials) that can be painted to look like his armor. That said be careful and put a liner on so that the outfit doesn't scratch as much.

pyrodancer
04-20-2011, 12:59 AM
I'm planning on attempting the Alphonse armor cosplay in the near future. So far, I've got tagboard/posterboard, craft foam in different thicknesses, and a really cool silver/blue spray paint. I'm planning on cutting out the posterboards to make all the pieces, and using the craft foam on the inside of the costume for padding. On the outside, I will spray paint it to make it look metallic. Not exactly sure what to use for the joints yet... It's still all just ideas, so I have no idea if any of this will work, just thought I'd share what I have in mind. Good luck!! ^^

Kibafan
04-20-2011, 10:47 AM
i am working on an alphonse my self i found that santria heated and pressed onto a mold painted looks almost perfect its a little heaver than foam and card board but more durable and water proof

pyrodancer
04-22-2011, 03:40 AM
i am working on an alphonse my self i found that santria heated and pressed onto a mold painted looks almost perfect its a little heaver than foam and card board but more durable and water proof

wat's santria?? O.o

Kibafan
04-24-2011, 09:29 PM
it is a plastic material that is easy to shape when heated ad if painted makes a metal like look its not to hard to work with once you some practice with it.