PDA

View Full Version : new to cosplay and working on coustume need any help/ideas

wookie7990
03-16-2011, 12:57 AM
im working on my first costume and could use any wisdome from other cosplayers. its the comedian from the watchmen and as soon as i get any part of it done im gunna upload pics of it. like i said any help will b great:)

ARIADecember
03-16-2011, 01:04 AM
only made 1 of my outfits, the other 2 were my mom
i can't give you much, but Do Not Take Short Cuts.

and, im new to this site, but i dont think this should go in this area
maybe this is better in "Construction help"

wookie7990
03-16-2011, 03:07 AM
thanks im new to only been useing it for about a week didnt know were to put it

zeina_naruto
03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
first list everything you need to not forget anything....

wookie7990
03-18-2011, 01:43 AM
thats the problem i have no clue what im doing lol im just kind of trying one peice @ a time and its kind of working but there has to b some way to make it all work out good

FireSpyro
04-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Well, I'd say first serch the internet to see if anyone has put up a list of the comedian cosplay and what you need for it. I had a look on your profile and saw you wanted to do the Vietnam style one. I'd just keep watching bits of the film to get an all round idea of what he wears or google some images, or both really. If you come up with very little, I'm sure we can come up with a list of what you need, as off the top of my head, you'll need the eye mask, the shoulder armour and things, can't remember what else he wears off the top of my head. Another thing is it the film version or the comic version? As there's usually a variation but I'm not sure about this one

CreativeGuy
04-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Reference images and screencaps. Make a lot of them, find a lot of them, and study them.