PDA

View Full Version : AM2 Gijinka gathering?

TheLogkage
03-16-2011, 08:44 PM
I didn't see one for this board so I decided I would start a thread. I won't necessarily run a gathering as it's beyond my skills, but I'm just gauging interest for this. A cosplay group would be nice to hang around with. I'm currently deciding which pokemon to cosplay, I've got my list down to five. Anyways since the con is quite a while from now, and I have no idea of the ACC layout at the moment, I guess those details will be worked out later.

Anybody else interested?

operagirl808
04-06-2011, 05:19 AM
My friends and I are going to bring our gijinka outfits...Snorlax, Cubone, and one more that is supposedly a 'surprise'...Let us know if you wanna meet up.

TheLogkage
04-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Oh boy, a first response! Well yeah I would be interested in meeting up sometime, I gotta figure out when Sixh's fashion show is and whenever the bands are playing. Anyways I have decided that I'm going to be Magneton for sure this year. Maybe I will do houdoom, but guaranteed magneton. So excited for AM2.

moonymonster
04-18-2011, 03:49 PM
I'd go, but probably dressed as Ash or Misty. As long as it's on Sunday ^^ That's the only day I can make.

Maguma
04-20-2011, 02:02 PM
If I finish my Elekid Gijinka in time I'll totally join you all :D

TheLogkage
06-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Bumping with the event day, I've got it planned for Day 2, Saturday. Time and place at the ACC are to be decided since I havent really looked at anything yet, sorry bout that.

TheLogkage
06-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Alrighty, I think I have some more details ready.

So, as already said, the gathering is on Day 2, saturday. We'll be meeting around between 2pm and we'll hang out for however long anybody wants to. I guess we can go to the summer festival. I'll hold off on it for a day just so I don't spoil it for myself. Since I probably only have 4-5 people confirmed this is going to be a small gathering guaranteed. But since AM2 is in it's first year I wasn't expecting too much.

I'm guessing we should meet someplace open, so looking at a map of the ACC, this area circled in the red should be an okay spot. I don't know the convention center well because the only other time I've been there was back in 2006.
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd419/BrosBrosNinja/ACC-Level-11edit.jpg

If I can find a better spot to meet up on day one I will do my best to bump the thread with a new location, until then I'll see you guys at the con.

ElCapitan
06-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Unless the gathering remains very small, I recommend against having on the concourse. One alternative I would recommend is the walkway running between the ACC and Hilton. Also, there will be an open space in Hall B available for gatherings.

Hazel Chaz
06-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Saturday sounds fun. I'd like to join you guys, if I may.

As for location, the palm trees etc. right out front are nice, we don't have to stay indoors. So on your map, I would suggest just below the area shaded in yellow.

chibikkoda
06-26-2011, 03:34 AM
my friends and r cosplaying gijinka but we're doing it on Friday... :(

TheLogkage
06-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Unless the gathering remains very small, I recommend against having on the concourse. One alternative I would recommend is the walkway running between the ACC and Hilton. Also, there will be an open space in Hall B available for gatherings.

There's probably only 5 or so people going. But thanks for the heads up on alternative locations.

Hazel Chaz
06-28-2011, 01:21 AM
There's probably only 5 or so people going. But thanks for the heads up on alternative locations.

Well, put me down as number 6, I've got my gijinka "Ursaring" now.